LADIES - Good female riding jackets

MZ33
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: fabulous 2008 Kawi Versys

#41 Unread post by MZ33 »

No, they frown on you taking their stuff out of the store. :shooting: :shooting2: They must have a lot of shoplifting, because they have security guards and staff everywhere. And I didn't take my bike there, so I would have had to, um, sit on a stranger's bike and hope they didn't notice. :angel:

But they had a stool to sit on. It didn't help with the puddle of fabric down at my ankles, but I could maybe tuck that up underneath, since it has elastic. I was so worried about the thighs, to make sure they didn't get too tight, that I can't tell you now whether the knee pads slid into place or not when I was sitting and squatting down.

I'm thinking I don't want fabric swimming around my ankles--too easy to get caught on something. I could wrap it in some velcro, though. (I'm only a little vain, not a lot vain. :wink: )
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/16jla1l.jpg[/img]

blues2cruise
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#42 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I guess you'll just have to keep looking. :(

A velcro strap would be easy enough to have stitched on the pants.
They would have to be on sale cheap before I would start doing the extra work.

Sandibeach
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male

#43 Unread post by Sandibeach »

I have two women's motorcycle jackets...

White ICON Bombshell leather, which fits so nicely, has a removable liner, so it's nice for the spring and fall. It's long enough in the torso and is adjustable at the waist. I want to wear it when i'm not riding...

http://www.metricbikes-superstore.com/i ... jacket.php

Second is Alpinstar Airflow jacket, great for those hot sunny days...

http://www.metricbikes-superstore.com/a ... _2670.html

I agree, trying on is a must.
2007 Honda CBR125

NightNurse
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#44 Unread post by NightNurse »

I am selling the jacket I bought last summer, it is just taking up space in the closet! My watermellons are just too big for this jacket lol...It is a gorgeous jacket, just a bit too tight for me! It is a size Large, would fit someone who wears a size 12/14 jacket. Still has tags on.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Evel-Kni ... dZViewItem

Gabrielle
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

#45 Unread post by Gabrielle »

I dont dress to be seen I guess I am too fearful, and cheap., I purchased items mostly off of ebay. I waited 19 years to ride again till my daughter was grown, though if you ask her I am still 'raising her'. Fullface modular helmet -Cortech mesh jacket with armor, Icon super duty boots. I am trying to get a good price on the Icon knee shin guards. I look like the guy from the movie "when the earth stood still'. My friend at work makes fun of me it -wouldnt be so bad on a street bike but a cruiser...
I tried the half helmet and cant keep it ON my head keeps blowing back. I like that the fullface muffles the engine noise now I know exactly when to to shift. I tried so hard to comform to what the cruiser should look like I have 4 new pairs of gunglasses to sell.
OK so now I dont have to go through all the ritual of dressing. Ear plugs , neck gaiter, sunglasses,etc just put the helmet gloves- boots -jacket. MUCH HAPPIER

lewister
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2008 Buell Blast

#46 Unread post by lewister »

I've seen lots of information about how to measure to determine your size, but nothing on measuring the arm length. Given how important it is for the sleeves to be long enough, why isn't that a measurement that gets mentioned? My arms tend to be too long for most normal jackets. Don't want to have an issue if I order online with sleeves not being long enough.
Susan
Baby Rider | 2008 Buell Blast

rvgal
Rookie
Rookie

#47 Unread post by rvgal »

Try chilhowee.net
They have a good ladies jacket.
rvgal

Purple Princess
Rookie
Rookie

jacket

#48 Unread post by Purple Princess »

My jacket needed to fit one criteria.
Must be PURLPE!! I found the joe rocket cleo at the honda hoot in knoxville TN. I really like it. I would like to get a purple leather to fit my crusier look but still havent found it yet. Hey..If you have a website for purple gear let me know!
2003 Honda Shadow Spirit 750

goodies
Veteran
Veteran

#49 Unread post by goodies »

I have the Scorpion Nip Tuck and love it!! It is so comfortable and even with just a wind lining it is pretty warm.

I think they have it in purple too and goes well with a cruiser.

Purple Princess
Rookie
Rookie

jacket...cool

#50 Unread post by Purple Princess »

They do have the nip tuck in purple!! I checked it out. nice jacket!!
2003 Honda Shadow Spirit 750