Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Inspiration Friday: Women of Speed

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Inspiration Friday: Women of Speed

https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/inspira ... -of-speed/

What do you get when you combine Fast, Fashion and Foxy Females? This week’s Inspiration Friday: Women of Speed! Women Racers are empowering our motorcycling culture, they love riding, love motorcycles and want to compete in sports too. From WorldSSP, MotoGP, Supersport, Flat Track, BSB, Motoamerica, MXGP, Supercross, GNCC, Enduro, WorldSBK and Trial so many women have found empowerment and success in areas dominated by men. With Yamaha‘s announcement of Marie Herrera joining their WorldSSP Biblion Motoxracing Yamaha team it further cements the growing list of our Women of Speed.

“My main goal for this year is to do a great job and have fun by going fast.” says Marie Herrera, don’t mistake that she is just a sweetheart but a fierce competitor. Herrera was the first female competitor to win a race in the FIM CEV Repsol series winning the Moto3 race at Motorland Aragon. Racing at Phillip Island 2015 alongside Isaac Vinales for Husqvarna and again in 2016 on KTM. Maria Herrera was the only female rider in the MotoGP paddock for 2017 with Team AGR before moving on to WorldSSP 300 for Yamaha. In 2019 she raced for (and I’ve never heard of this myself) the inaugural FIM Enel 2019 MotoE World Cup.

She isn’t the first (check out the list on Wikipedia) but it is great to see women stepping into these roles! Total Motorcycle has always supported our lady riders and back in 2003 created our Ladies Lounge in recognition and to empower them to reach for the stars.

Total Motorcycle would like to thank Yamaha and congratulate Marie Herrera for inspiring us to bring you this week’s Inspiration Friday: Women of Speed. Each week we bring you another Inspiring Motorcycle story to inspire you to get out and ride! Thank you for your support for visiting us and supporting us at Patreon for just $1 a month.

https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/inspira ... -of-speed/
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Miles_Ha11
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2016 Ducati Supersport

Re: Inspiration Friday: Women of Speed

#2 Unread post by Miles_Ha11 »

Girls get it done, it is really cool seeing a woman drive a motorcycle.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Miles_Ha11 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:39 pm Girls get it done, it is really cool seeing a woman drive a motorcycle.
Thanks for the reply and glad you liked my story! My aim is to create a new and unique Inspiration Friday article each week for you all. :)

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Ralph P Perry
Rookie
Rookie
My Motorcycle: yamaha 2001

#4 Unread post by Ralph P Perry »

Women and speed are my biggest weakness

Zavylon
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
My Motorcycle: Harley-Davidson

#5 Unread post by Zavylon »

Good information
Last edited by Zavylon on Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

warren11U
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: Harley-Davidson Sportster, 2019

#6 Unread post by warren11U »

She is one of the best female riders, as I know. Talking of driving motorcycles and women, what do you think should I buy for my beloved one, on her birthday, counting that she also likes riding bikes?

BelindaCruz
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: None

#7 Unread post by BelindaCruz »

Wow!
This is brilliant, resourceful and encouraging

lily167
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 1
My Motorcycle: model

#8 Unread post by lily167 »

A post with a lot of significance! Your post has provided me with a lot of knowledge that is really helpful to me. I can't express how grateful I am.