Other Women Acutally RIDE?

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#31 Unread post by blues2cruise »

follow wrote:If I was only a little more computer savee' ...I have a really good shot of hubby on the back of my old sporty Low...mind you if he had put his feet down I would have drove out right from under him...whats even funnier is the bike only had a solo seat. (he had to sit on rack..I guess both...hee-hee)
viewtopic.php?p=254538#254538

follow
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male

#32 Unread post by follow »

Blues2cruise,
looks/sounds like you had a great time...great photos.
I sure miss the ocean being land locked here.
Next summer hubby wants to do an Alaska trip, so maybe we will se the ocean.
I follow a new highway I haven't traveled before.

[img]http://i41.tinypic.com/2rpwdjq.jpg[/img] [img]http://i43.tinypic.com/wswow4.jpg[/img]

IBA Member: SS1000, BB1500, BBGold

HD 07 Street Glide-mine
HD 02 Road King-ours
Honda 06 ST1300-ours
Honda 97 ST1100-mine

blues2cruise
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#33 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Follow, I actually posted to you so you could see the link on how to post pictures. :lol:

But thanks for reading my blog. :D

Alaska in on my list of places to go , but next summer I am hoping to go to Colorado....the AMA Women's Conference.

We can wave as we cross paths going different directions. :wink: 8)

follow
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#34 Unread post by follow »

:lol: I saw that at the top...but being female I just had to look at your pics. Just because hubby wants to go to Alaska doesn't mean it's in the cards, we would have to get a couple of new bikes (he wants KLR's) for that trip, besides summer is a few months. I plan on a lot of adventures.
I already got my Putt-Putt posse going to AMA.
Ok I dont know if it is because I have vista by I tried to copy but I just get all the code stuff..........will keep working on this :lol:
I follow a new highway I haven't traveled before.

[img]http://i41.tinypic.com/2rpwdjq.jpg[/img] [img]http://i43.tinypic.com/wswow4.jpg[/img]

IBA Member: SS1000, BB1500, BBGold

HD 07 Street Glide-mine
HD 02 Road King-ours
Honda 06 ST1300-ours
Honda 97 ST1100-mine

TylerR
Veteran
Veteran

#35 Unread post by TylerR »

clutch wrote: For me, I ride pillion due to lack of experience. I started out riding pillion, so it's my comfort zone at this point.

So I still ride pillion with him. But someday when I have more experience, I'll ride my own bike with him.

I see lady riders all the time. I hope to be like one of them someday.
No one need apologize for enjoying the ride from the backseat. When I was 22, I rode with a b/f and we lowsided. I vowed never to ride again. Fast forward a few years, met a guy who invited me to ride with him. I knew how much he loved it so I decided to give it another go... to his credit, that had to be the slowest ride up Hwy. 9 ever in the history of motorcycles! :laughing: But something changed for me... the sunlight, the redwoods, the wind on my face... it just... clicked.

So we dated for about 4 years and then he moved back East to be closer to his family... I took the MSF course to be a better passenger but that bug bit hard!! And it just seemed easier to get my own bike than a new b/f at the time... 8)

Here I am, 9 years later with four bikes in the garage (one is my daughter's dirt bike), leading a local women's riding group, and starting a women's touring company. There are days when I open my garage, look inside and say... "Who lives here again??" lol

I guess the point is ride because you love to ride... pilot, pillion, both... just doesn't matter... it's about the ride. :)
Spend time with those who make you better.

Bluebabe
Elite
Elite

#36 Unread post by Bluebabe »

follow wrote:Blues2cruise,
looks/sounds like you had a great time...great photos.
I sure miss the ocean being land locked here.
Next summer hubby wants to do an Alaska trip, so maybe we will se the ocean.
If you get to Fairbanks, look me up. We'll take you around to some of the local places to ride or at least point you in the right direction! ;)
1978 Honda Twinstar 185
1986 Kawasaki 454
1992 Honda Shadow 600

Current bike:
2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT

Christian Motorcyclists Association
Arctic Servants Chapter

motorcyclinmama
Regular
Regular

#37 Unread post by motorcyclinmama »

I ride in Florida, and there are a lot of women riders. Every where you go there they are. I as a female rider have been on both sides of the bike. A rider and passenger. Hate being a passenger though.

Hubby likes me being his riding buddy. He says it keeps him legal. (I'm very ana about keeping everything safe and legal.) Anyway I love riding my own bike it's awesome.
You only live once!

We currently own:
Me== 2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic
2007 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe
Hubby== 2007 Vulcan 2000 Classic LT
2008 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe

I have 2 beautiful sons Jason 17 and Brian 13

Schmink
Regular
Regular

#38 Unread post by Schmink »

For me, I ride pillion due to lack of experience. I started out riding pillion, so it's my comfort zone at this point.

Growing up and all the way through college, I had no desire whatsoever to ride a motorcycle. They scared me. I had no experience with dirt bikes or go-carts or anything.

But then I met this guy, who would later become my fiance. He's been riding for over 20 years. We were friends for a while and started dating. After a few months of dating, he invited me for a ride on his touring bike. I loved riding with him! It was so scary and new, but I trusted him because of his experience.

It took a long time for me to get up enough courage to ride on my own. Plus if I got my own bike, my overprotective mother was going to get extremely upset. I didn't want to upset her by getting a bike. So I happily rode pillion to keep her happy.

After two years, my fiance surprised me and got me a bike. (Sorry mom!)

I'm still a beginner. Passed the MSF basic course. But I haven't developed any confidence yet. I'm keeping to parking lots at the moment.

So I still ride pillion with him. But someday when I have more experience, I'll ride my own bike with him.

I see lady riders all the time. I hope to be like one of them someday.
Clutch, I rode as a pillion for a about a year on my BF's bike. . .I loved riding with him, but really felt like if something happened to him, I could never get that bike home. So, I decided to take the MSF course and get my M endorsement.

Once I did, I bought a used bike. My BF, although a very experienced and aggressive rider at times, would go out with me on a regular basis so that I could gain valuable road experience. It probably was about 8 months before I was comfortable (and maybe he was comfortable, because he's very protective) going out on my own.

I had that first bike about 8 months before I upgraded to my now current bike. . .now I've gain alot more experience and I am so much more comfortable taking it out on my own because he took the time to go with me initially.

Honestly, the way you're going to develop confidence is by doing.. .have him go out with you on a regular basis so that you can gain that confidence. . . fortunately for me I live in Southern CA so we have the ability to ride year round. ..pretty much. . .the more you go out on your own bike, the more your confidence will come. ..trust me . . .I know!!
Schmink
2008 V-Star 1100 Custom

zx6rgirl
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid

Re: Other Women Acutally RIDE?

#39 Unread post by zx6rgirl »

My husbands 10 years older than I am. i'm 25 and my husband has been riding since he was young...dirt bike to street. They put me on my cousins ninja 600 and gave me a push. 2 weeks later i bought my ninja 6r and 3 month later i had my license.. i wouldn't be caught on the back. my life my control.

Triumphgirl
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 100
My Motorcycle: Triumph America 07

#40 Unread post by Triumphgirl »

RIDE AND RIDE I SHALL. THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN GETTING ON MY TRIUMPH AND CRUISING THE ROADS. I KNOW A FEW WOMEN RIDERS AND WE DO IT FOR THE SAME REASONS AS ANY MAN. BECAUSE ITS FUN. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.
Last edited by Triumphgirl on Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.