So I want to know...

mazer
Elite
Elite

#31 Unread post by mazer »

Rode mini bikes since I was about 8. Graduated to a Honda 90, then a Honda 200 and onto a Honda 400. Met my boyfriend at the motorcycle safety course I took and then had a career ending accident (not motrcycle related) and stopped riding for years.
I was just recently given an 86 Honda Nighthawk 700s (in red, white and blue) and tho I will have to take it easy, due to my physical limitations resulting from that on the job accident, I plan to fix up the bike, hop on and appreciate it as much as I can for as long as I can.

Lisa
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

#32 Unread post by Lisa »

When I was a kid I'd get to ride my cousin's honda 50 at their cottage, up and down the lane... when I was a teen I wanted a bike but mom said no, and I never had the money til now. So no I ride and ride to make up for the time I missed.

CYNWAGON
Elite
Elite

#33 Unread post by CYNWAGON »

I'm 35 this year, just took the safety training course, it's not mandatory for licensing, but a good idea.
My husband has been riding for years, and although I went on the back a few times, I never really enjoyed it that much. I think I'm too much of a control freak.
I took the course passed my lot skills, went to the registries office and passed the written.
Got a bike and LOVE it, turns out it was a control issue after all.
'08 Suzuki M50 Yellow & Grey (she's my bumblebee)

kawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

#34 Unread post by kawgurl »

I rode my first dirt bike on the farm when I was about 10. Then dabbled foolishly with a friend's cruiser in my mid-teens (with no training). And - finally decided to take a certified course and get my license at 34. :)

(I'm coming up on 38 here in a few months)
[b]~Robyn~[/b]
'09 Kawi Nomad 1700

[i]"Sometimes the best communication happens when you're on separate bikes."[/i] ~Author Unknown

Purple Princess
Rookie
Rookie

newbie at 36

#35 Unread post by Purple Princess »

I always wanted to secretly ride a bike since I was young. Never, NEVER thought I would EVER have the guts to ride on my own. I "thought" I was happy behind my husband as a passenger. So this summer I took the course & became part of an elite group at 36. I have a cruiser. I love it. But I also want a dirt bike & crotch rocket now. This motorcycle thing is VERY addictive.LOL
2003 Honda Shadow Spirit 750

Schmink
Regular
Regular

#36 Unread post by Schmink »

I started as a pillion on the back of my boyfriends bike about 1 1/2 years ago. During our rides, we always talked alot about why he did certain things or what he was looking for, etc. Last August, after being passenger I decided I wanted to know what it was like to be the pilot!! So he had a friend that teaches the MSF course and got me in!

The MSF course was definitely a great course. A little frightening, however, because I took it on the base. . .first I was the ONLY woman, next I was the ONLY one who had never ridden and last I was old enough to be their mothers (I was 42 and these kids were 21-25)!! It turned out to be a great weekend and everyone in the class was more than happy to give me pointers and help me out. It was fun that they were all rooting for me during the test. . .but I passed the first time and was very proud of myself.

About 2 weeks later I had my actual license and bought my first bike on the same day I officially earned my "M" on my license. My first bike was an '81 Honda 650 Custom. It was a good starter bike, but now I've graduated to a Yamaha VStar 1100 Custom and having so much fun riding this bike!
Schmink
2008 V-Star 1100 Custom

LittleRedRider
Regular
Regular
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2006 Honda Shadow VLX Deluxe

#37 Unread post by LittleRedRider »

:nicethread:
Quite a variety of age, experience and reasons.
I rode pillion with then hubby for years, wanted to learn then (late 70's), but was too afraid to be different! :oops:
Always loved the rides and missed it terribly when we split.
Met current husband who rode and enjoyed it again. Unfortunately, his bike was getting old and he didn't really trust it to make long trips so our rides were limited. When he finally made the decision to retire the old beastie, he choose the CBR 1000RR as a replacement. Two rides on that convinced me that it is not a passenger friendly bike! So I decided if I wanted to ride I'd have to ride my own! At 49 I enrolled in the MSF, (the only woman in a class of 6) passed, got my Rebel and off we go. This is my second summer riding and as I get better, gain more confidence in me and my bike I'm loving it even more than I ever did as a passenger! Sometimes I really regret not being more courageous 20 years ago, but give myself credit for doing it now and don't take for granted the joy it brings.
:biker:
2007 Honda Rebel (ours)
2006 Honda Shadow VLX (mine)
2006 CBR 1000 (hubby's)

blues2cruise
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#38 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Little Red Rider......:clap:

LittleRedRider
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2006 Honda Shadow VLX Deluxe

#39 Unread post by LittleRedRider »

Thanks Blues2Cruise.
I am. No sense in wishing for what might have been.
That time is better spent enjoying what I've got now! :bliss:
2007 Honda Rebel (ours)
2006 Honda Shadow VLX (mine)
2006 CBR 1000 (hubby's)

*Cheryl*
Rookie
Rookie

#40 Unread post by *Cheryl* »

I have a Red Rebel (2007) also. I have been riding for almost two years. I still enjoy my Rebel and have no real desire yet to move up to a larger bike.