You know what's cool...?

RabbitStomp
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

You know what's cool...?

#1 Unread post by RabbitStomp »

Noob? Yes I am! What an awesome thing to find this site and get so much information that I need- that I didn't even know I needed. I know I am going to sound like a total nerd, but it has been so awesome to ride, pass an oncoming rider and almost always get that hand wave that says-" I don't know you, but we have something unique and special in common- we dare to ride." It seems that it doesn't matter what you ride, just that you do. I'm talkin' too much- I am just really happy to find that sister-brotherhood of cyclists and know when I have a question or problem, advice is near by. Thanks, all!--Rach

rebarock88
Rookie
Rookie

#2 Unread post by rebarock88 »

I'm a newbie too...and I know exactly what you're talking about. :)

jonnythan
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#3 Unread post by jonnythan »

I've been riding for two years now, and I still grin at the wave.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonnythan/sets/]Flickr.[/url]

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#4 Unread post by blues2cruise »

:welcome2: to TMW. :)

What's your ride?

RabbitStomp
Rookie
Rookie

#5 Unread post by RabbitStomp »

blues2cruise wrote::welcome2: to TMW. :)

What's your ride?
Right now I am on a 250cc scoot and borrowing a friend's Rebel 'till I figure out what I can really handle and really want. (um- and what can fit in the garage......) Dirt bike goes bye-bye, but why can't I keep ALL the toys and just let the cars sit outside? The other half doesn't think that sounds rational. Geez!

Silverstein
Regular
Regular

#6 Unread post by Silverstein »

Keep the cars outside, it won't hurt them IMO, I'd rather keep the bikes inside given the choice, but I don't even have a garage so , yeah.

RabbitStomp
Rookie
Rookie

#7 Unread post by RabbitStomp »

Silverstein wrote:Keep the cars outside, it won't hurt them IMO, I'd rather keep the bikes inside given the choice, but I don't even have a garage so , yeah.
I totally agree the cars are FINE outside! But the SO doesn't get it yet =) They'd be inside my house if I didn't have a garage!

kawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

#8 Unread post by kawgurl »

When I first started riding 3 years ago, I was in a state of permagrin all the time - and especially when I got "the wave" from other riders. It was all just so coooool! Having someone (in a vehicle) see me initiate "the wave" at another rider - makes me feel good that we have that little connection that they just don't. I often catch myself and have to stop my hand from coming up when I pass a bike when in my own vehicle - I'm such a dork! LOL :roll:
[b]~Robyn~[/b]
'09 Kawi Nomad 1700

[i]"Sometimes the best communication happens when you're on separate bikes."[/i] ~Author Unknown