It's a new year, ladies

DYNAgirl
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

#11 Unread post by DYNAgirl »

Well ladies this will be my first real long road trip riding my own bike. My husband and I will be heading over to Front Royal Virginia and doing Skyline Drive the last week of June. I am so excited I can hardly wait. Hubby loves to do 300 plus miles a day. So far the most I have ridden in a day is 150 miles because my butt really starts to hurt.

Does anyone have suggestions on comfort for longer trips?

Jasmine
1998 Harley FXDS-CONV

Nalian
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2011/BMW/F800R

#12 Unread post by Nalian »

Get a touring seat. :) I went from the stock seat to a mustang touring seat and was just shocked at how much of a difference it made.

I'm making plans for a week long trip at the end of May - but really I can't wait until the weather is consistently above freezing.

Flipper
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2010 Ninja 250

#13 Unread post by Flipper »

Some of you may remember that my Honda Rebel was hit when parked on the street. The woman that hit it paid for the damages and I decided to trade it in on a brand new 2006 Honda 599. I got it this weekend.

Now I really am Bat Girl on the Bat Cycle.

Flipper

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#14 Unread post by Shorts »

Flipper wrote:Some of you may remember that my Honda Rebel was hit when parked on the street. The woman that hit it paid for the damages and I decided to trade it in on a brand new 2006 Honda 599. I got it this weekend.

Now I really am Bat Girl on the Bat Cycle.

Flipper

Happy Bike day! :multistars:

blues2cruise
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#15 Unread post by blues2cruise »

+1.
Congratulations on the new bike. Are you getting lessons to learn how to ride it or just learning slowly on your own?

Flipper
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2010 Ninja 250

#16 Unread post by Flipper »

blues,

I passed my MSF at the end of August and had been riding my Rebel untill it was hit two weeks ago.

I was really afraid to ride the 599 when I got it this Saturday. I didn't know exactly what to expect. Could I control the throttle? How would the extra 100 lbs feel? Could I control it at slow speeds and u-turns.

I had my husband follow me in the car just in case, but no worries. The bike is very well behaved and I felt comfortable after a few miles. The biggest change was getting my feet to home in higher and farther back on the pegs than I was use to.

The bike has a lot of power, but it seems happy enough just riding around town at city speeds too. Which was my hope.

I learned a lot from my Rebel and this is my next teacher.

Flipper

Nalian
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2011/BMW/F800R

#17 Unread post by Nalian »

Congrats, that is a sweet ride. :)

bluemonkie99
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male

#18 Unread post by bluemonkie99 »

So many goals and plans for this year, I'm just hoping I manage to accompish one of them...

1. Get my license...really just a matter of reading the book and heading to the DMV to pass the test. I've already done the MSF course but my permit had expired.

2. Actually get on a bike...my Magna is still not working and hasn't since I passed the MSF course. Currently, it's a timing issue. However, storysununfolding intends to fix up his Vision so that I have something to practice on (he's getting a new bike this week!)

3. Learn to ride well enough to "borrow" said new bike :P

4. Ride the Tail of the Dragon with boyfriend and boyfriend's cousin later this year.

5. Do the Rolling Thunder ride in DC this year...an absolutely amazing site to see.

If all else fails, ride pillion with my favorite biker boy :D
"No one dies a virgin, Life screws us all."

2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250, a.k.a Rawley
1985 Honda VF 500c Magna V30 (my enemy)

deedee1
Elite
Elite

#19 Unread post by deedee1 »

Hey all its been awhile since i have been on. THe endof the year is always so busy.

My plans for this year are too:

1. Get better at riding so I can upgrade to either the new ninja 650 or a katana 650.

2. Maybe take a trip with hubby to Georgia, riding of course.

Hope you all had a great holiday season.

Have a great on and ride safe,
Deedee