dawnie
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Male

#1 Unread post by dawnie »

Hello everyone! My name is Dawnie. Im 23 (24 june 11th) and i live in Ottawa. I have had my M2 for about 1yr and a half. Was planning to get a bike last year but i ended up getting a car. Decided to get a bike this year, ended up im moving out of mom's first time May 1st. Suckie for me, im stuck without a bike for yet another season. And unfortunatly for me i cant even ride "dog" for atleast another 2mths because i had minor back surgery on Feb 2. :(

Im starting to get the fever because of the beautiful weather we are having. I hope it doesnt drive me insane lol.

I just happend to stumble across this board while bored at work. Reading up on some of the past posts. Makes for some good read and passes my time. Thanks!

Question for you girls... before you got your bike, did you feel nervous at all?
I mean, i took the course and had SO much fun. That was on a 125. I just feel that when it will actually come time to get a bike im not gonna know what to do. Especially when i go pick it up and bring it home. Im thinking i want someone else with more experience to bring it home for me. Does that sound silly? lol Iam looking towards a Kawi 250 or 500. The more nervous i think iam.. the more i lean towards the 250 but i also dont want to get bored with it.

Thanks for listening ladies! :D
I love motorcycles, not for the guy that rides it, but for the machine it is.

Ladymx
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male

#2 Unread post by Ladymx »

Hi Dawnie, First Welcome to the board and sorry I didnt see your post sooner, I must be sleeping. As for your question. Its not silly to get some one to get your bike home for you, It all about your comfort. If you are feeling a bit unnerved I would get them to take you and the bike to a parking vacant parking lot and give it a go there. You might find you will want to ride her home after all. I think part of this is because you have been off bikes for a few years now. If you took a course, you could go back and see if you could practice on one of there bikes for an hour or so, before you go pick up your bike too. I know some schools here will let you for a small fee if you stay on the practice area. Just a few thoughts. When you do get out there just make sure you pay attention. Also keep having al ook on the boards here, there are some good tips on how to ride and lots of other things.
As for getting a 250 or 500. Many people are happy on the ninja 250 for a few years and its a good bike to start on. You want to work on the skills of riding before you get lots of speed. Its also going to depend on your comfort for the bikes,l have you sat on both? It will give you a better idea of how they feel and if you can put your feet on the ground with easy.
Any other question, just ask.