#370: This or That? 2018 Honda Gold Wing Tour vs 2018 Triumph Bonneville Bobber Black (WINNER)

This or That. Pick Only One. One will leave as Champion, the other in shame. YOU CHOOSE.

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#370: This or That? 2018 Honda Gold Wing Tour vs 2018 Triumph Bonneville Bobber Black (WINNER)

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

THIS? OR THAT! on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

Pick One. One will leave as Champion, the other in shame.

Week #386. Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadies and gentlemen, may I have your attention!

In a surprise TKO and 1 vote difference, last week's winner and new comer, the 2018 Honda Gold Wing Tour defeated the raining 3 weeks in a row Champion 2018 Honda CB1000R!

The 2018 Honda Gold Wing Tour now takes on the brand new, mean lean, fighting machine, the 2018 Triumph Bonneville Bobber Black. Can the The 2018 Honda Gold Wing Tour hold off this new kid on the block?

Let's have a clean fight and no hitting below the airbox.

2018 Honda Gold Wing Tour - vs - 2018 Triumph Bonneville Bobber Black

THIS:
2018 Honda Gold Wing Tour
Information and Photos click here: https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcy ... our-review

he three 2018 Gold Wing Tour models—Gold Wing Tour, Gold Wing Tour DCT, and Gold Wing Tour DCT Airbag—are the modern interpretation of the classic Gold Wing, the ultimate long-distance touring machine, but with highly improved performance capabilities. Each of these models features saddlebags and a top case, as well as a tall electrically adjustable windscreen, front and rear speakers, and electrically adjustable suspension.

The next chapter in one of Honda’s most storied narratives began today with the unveiling of the 2018 Gold Wing and Gold Wing Tour models. Revealed during a special event at Santa Barbara, California’s MOXI Museum of Exploration and Innovation, the all-new Gold Wing takes cues from the legendary GL models that came before it while maximizing potential through a lighter, more thrilling, and more technologically advanced package with a new engine, chassis, and electronics suite.

OR
THAT:
2018 Triumph Bonneville Bobber Black
Information and Photos click here: https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcy ... ack-review

2018 Triumph Bonneville Bobber Black:

STUNNING CUSTOM STYLE – beautifully styled minimalism with a distinctive stripped-back look. Elegantly engineered floating single seat pan, wide flat bars and Bobbed hard tail. Category defining capability and rider technology, for maximum control and comfort. A genuine Bobber ride – without compromise.

Following the overwhelming success of the Bonneville Bobber – the fastest selling motorcycle in Triumph’s 115-year history, the company has taken the model to new heights for the 2018 model year, with the darker, meaner and stronger Bonneville Bobber Black.

STRIPPED. BOBBED. BONNIES
The Bonneville Bobber range is now even bigger with the introduction of the ALL NEW MEANER AND HIGHER SPECIFICATION BONNEVILLE BOBBER BLACK. Innovative, thrilling and beautiful, our Bonneville Bobber’s are thoroughbred custom classics that cleverly combine elegant engineering and category-leading capability, with an unparalleled heritage and thrilling hot rod ride and sound.

Both the Bobber and Bobber Black are beautifully hand crafted and deliver all the hallmarks of a genuine Triumph Bobber with timeless Bonneville DNA, stripped-back style, engineering innovation, low seat height, unique detailing and classic Bobber silhouette.

At the heart of each model you’ll find a category-leading, high-torque Bonneville 1200cc engine with a dedicated Bobber tune, for more torque and power lower down than the Bonneville T120. This is all backed-up by a dynamic, agile riding experience, delivered by high specification suspension and a host of rider-focused-technology, including Road and Rain Riding Modes, switchable traction control, torque-assist clutch, heated grips, ABS, an immobiliser, a high 10,000 mile/ 16,000km first major service interval and, on the Bobber Black, an intuitive single button cruise control.

ALL NEW BONNEVILLE BOBBER BLACK

The winner of this week's THIS OR THAT will go on and fight the challenger next week. The overall winners will be determined how many weeks they can beat the competition.

Enjoy!
Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

montanalifter
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: Yamaha FJR 1300

Re: #370: This or That? 2018 Honda Gold Wing Tour vs 2018 Triumph Bonneville Bobber Black

#2 Unread post by montanalifter »

Gold wing. I do really like triumph bikes though. Did not expect to see heated grips and cruise control on the bobber, I like it.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

Re: #370: This or That? 2018 Honda Gold Wing Tour vs 2018 Triumph Bonneville Bobber Black

#3 Unread post by ceemes »

The Bobber, it's motorcycling at its purest. If you want all size, dodads and comfort that the Wing represents, then go and get yourself a Honda Civic.......
Always ask why.

markdcoco
Veteran
Veteran
My Motorcycle: 2014/BMW/R1200RT

#4 Unread post by markdcoco »

Got to be totally honest here... I'm a touring guy... long rides into the sunset. BUT... and I capitalize that but... something about the Triumph Bobber 'Black' (I specify 'Black' because the other bobbers are nice but there is something special about the 'Black' version) stirs my soul to doing something bad. The judging was close but I believe the 'Bobber Black' should be a winner:
TMWall 20180223.jpg
TMWall 20180223.jpg (78.65 KiB) Viewed 14643 times

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#5 Unread post by ceemes »

markdcoco wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:26 am Got to be totally honest here... I'm a touring guy... long rides into the sunset. BUT... and I capitalize that but... something about the Triumph Bobber 'Black' (I specify 'Black' because the other bobbers are nice but there is something special about the 'Black' version) stirs my soul to doing something bad. The judging was close but I believe the 'Bobber Black' should be a winner:

TMWall 20180223.jpg
Nice, but I don't think you casted your vote mate.
Always ask why.

markdcoco
Veteran
Veteran
My Motorcycle: 2014/BMW/R1200RT

#6 Unread post by markdcoco »

Understand why you would say that as the voting is very... very... very light. I looked at the two bikes with the good angel on my right shoulder and the devil on my left shoulder, and since I'm right handed my 'touring soul' hit the Wing button before I could think it through. After reviewing more images and words on-line I might could change my vote, but what's done is done.

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#7 Unread post by jstark47 »

The Bonneville is a motorcycle. The Goldwing is......... half of a Civic? Bonneville wins for me, it's not even close.

(also........ notice my avatar picture!! :mrgreen: )
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#8 Unread post by ceemes »

jstark47 wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:21 pm The Bonneville is a motorcycle. The Goldwing is......... half of a Civic? Bonneville wins for me, it's not even close.

(also........ notice my avatar picture!! :mrgreen: )
Wot ugly said. :mrgreen:
Always ask why.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#9 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Love the classics and the retro, so my vote went for the Gold Wing... oh wait, even though the 'Wing has been around since 1967 tI guess that isn't the retro classic choice? The new Bonneville it is then! :)

Seriously, I really like the 1940's styling of the Bonnie... it is just, so cool, if you know what I mean. The oddest thing I'll point out is Harley-Davidson does 40's to 80's styles, but for whatever reason, their 40's models are not as popular... well, we will have to put up a H-D vs the Bonnie then!

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.