Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#328: 2018 Husqvarna TC50 - Coolness Factor = 85.7%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2018 Husqvarna TC50 on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... c50-review

2018 Husqvarna TC50

PROGRESSION STARTS HERE.

Modeled after the full size motocross bikes, the TC 50 features the same striking looks and ergonomic feel in a reduced size to suite the future stars of tomorrow. The similarities between the TC 50 and the larger motocross range do not end there, a superior level of quality and attention to detail are incorporated into the TC 50 ensuring top level performance and a premium look and feel.

MOTOCROSS IS SYNONYMOUS WITH THE VERY CULTURE AND HISTORY OF THE HUSQVARNA MOTORCYCLE BRAND.

With over 100 years of continuous production, developing some of the world’s first production offroad machines, Husqvarna are truly the pioneers of the sport as we know it today. Husqvarna Motorcycles continue pioneering cutting-edge technologies by developing motorcycles that are more agile, more powerful and more ergonomically advanced than previous generations. The attention to detail and innovative techniques used by Husqvarna engineers have resulted in continued development year-on-year, delivering premium products to the motocross market.

In model year 2018, Husqvarna Motorcycles look to continue their century-long success and maintain their position as one of the leading players in the segment. To achieve this, they will continue offering motorcycles that are at the pinnacle of performance, design and ergonomics.

Husqvarna Motorcycles’ new motocross line-up consists of eight premium TC and FC models that combine cutting-edge technology with Swedish-inspired design, offering class-leading performance across the range.

For model year 2018 Husqvarna Motorcycles’ engineers focused their attentions on introducing further engine and chassis advances, while presenting a new from the ground up TC 85 machine.

Raising the bar in terms of design, performance and handling, the all-new generation TC 85 shares the same levels of premium quality and advanced technology as found on Husqvarna Motorcycles’ full-sized motocross machines. Featuring an all-new frame and high-tech WP suspension the 2018 TC 85 will allow junior motocross riders to perform with total confidence.

A major upgrade to all full-sized 2018 TC and FC machines are the Magura front and rear braking systems. Utilising a similar layout to the previous design, the new brakes now offer the best in terms of sensitivity and feeling. Additionally, all 4-strokes receive a new Li-Ion battery.

Based on a simple yet distinctive design, new graphics across the 2018 motocross range highlight Husqvarna’s Swedish heritage.

2018 Husqvarna TC50 – Totalmotorcycle.com Specifications/Technical Details
MSRP Price: $ See Dealer for Pricing in USD

Engine
Design 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
Displacement 49 cm³
Starter Kickstarter
Transmission Single-speed automatic
Primary drive 61:33
Secondary gear ratio 11:40
Clutch Centrifugal clutch (adjustable)
EMS Seletra 2p D36

Chassis
Frame design Chrome-molybdenum steel central-tube frame
Front suspension WP-USD, AER 35, Ø 35 mm
Rear suspension WP shock absorber
Suspension travel (front) 8.07 inch
Front brake Disc brake
Rear brake Disc brake
Rear brake disc diameter 160 mm
Chain 1/2 x 3/16″
Steering head angle 66 °
Seat height 26.93 inch
Weight without fuel 91.49 lb.
Suspension travel (rear) 7.28 inch
Tank capacity (approx.) 0.61 US gal
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: THIS WEEK #328: 2018 Husqvarna TC50 - VOTE TODAY

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Not sure if you have noticed yet, but last week I started counting the weekly Cool Wall bikes, this one is #328.

Yes, that's 328 WEEKS OF BIKES!

...and #328 is sure "cute". Yes, that looks like a 8 year old doing that jump too. Man, I sure wish I had a Husqvarna TC50 when I was a kid!

And if you vote "Fail" on the 2018 Husqvarna TC50, you had better explain why you failed a kid's bike or I ain't countin' it!

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#3 Unread post by NorthernPete »

I will give it a cool vote. Just because I know I'll see a video of some kid plowing into a fence or shed on YouTube on one of these someday. And I'll giggle cause I'm heartless like that.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#4 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

I didn't ride dirt bikes as a kid, so I honestly have no frame of reference for how cool this bike is, but you get an awesome vote as a parent if you get your kid one of these.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

Rubiadiabla
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 25
My Motorcycle: 2014 CTX 1300,2012 Ninja 650

#5 Unread post by Rubiadiabla »

I voted Awesome, of course. I didn't get started that young but I've spent hours upon hours flagging and assisting at the local USRA peewee track and watching those kids is really where it's at. Some of them can barely lift their heads with a moto helmet on but they are fearless and have mad skills. If you have never witnessed a peewee race, do it, you'll thank me. I've also known a couple rich moto x pro's to take it upon themselves to build a little track of their own in the back yard and pick up some used little pw bikes, I can only imagine the stunts they could pull off on this bike and get a few likes on youtube. I'd love to see how this Husky would stand up to the abuse as every Husky I've ever ridden was like an indestructable tank that can climb sand mountains.
'Well behaved women seldom make history.' -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

markdcoco
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 2014/BMW/R1200RT

#6 Unread post by markdcoco »

Leaves me speechless…! What an amazing set of features for a bike aimed at the 7-10 year old market, currently being over populated with “pajama boys” that will be completely unable to have any appreciation for the capabilities of this machine, let alone figure out where the Lyft/Uber driver sits or why it isn’t self driving. There I digress… my bad.

I believe Husqvarna has done an excellent job on this series (TC) of bikes, starting with the 50. I have full appreciation for getting young men riding as early as possible. The advancements they have engineered into the engine, exhaust, frame and suspension create a rider friendly machine with huge potential and longevity. Well done.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: Awesome interestingly enough, for many of the same reasons listed above.

My start in motorcycling (might surprise new readers) wasn't at the age of 3 on a 1974 Kawasaki Mach II, but at the age of 20 on a used 1983 Honda V30; 26 years ago (yes, I'm 46). 18 of those 26 years have also been owning Total Motorcycle as well. I digress.

The point was I wish I could have started on a TC50 or PW, etc. I just didn't know anyone who rode a motorcycle in my area growing up in the 70's, and it wasn't until the early 80's I actually saw a motorcycle in our underground parking (a AMF Harley-Davidson sportster) and around that time I saw a old Gold Wing 1000. That hooked me. Then my folks were all "they are too dangerous", "your dad hurt himself on the back of a motorcycle"... oh, what? Dad owned a bike?

Maybe I always loved motorcycles, after all, this was my 2nd bike growing up:

A Graco MX 1000, but with the black frame. Even put Hockey Cards in the rear wheel to make it sounds like a motorcycle...haha

Pros: It looked like a motorcycle! REAL twin shocks in the back and front suspension and "fake gas tank". Badass baby.
Cons: It weighed as much as a motorcycle and only had 1 gear!

Anyways, it would have been awesome to start off with a TC50. Husqvarna really punches way above their weight class and if you can afford the extra for a Husqvarna, then you have the best.

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2018 Husqvarna TC50 - Coolness Factor = 85.7%
Featured: August 4th, 2017 - August 11th, 2017
Most popular vote category: Awesome

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=54443
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... c50-review

Your Coolness Factor of the 2018 Husqvarna TC50

Awesome (3 points) 8
Cool (2 points) 6
Uncool (1 point) 0
Fail (0 point) 0

Total votes: 14

= a Coolwall Factor of 85.7%

Total Motorcycle's Take-a-way: Want to change a kid's life, build confidence, muscular development and agility? You found it, for just pennies a day, go out there and buy them a 2018 Husqvarna TC50. You can't do better, in bike or in spirit.

A super 85.7% Cool Wall score brings the 2018 Husqvarna TC50 to our #3 bike of the year spot!

Best comments of the week: "Some of them can barely lift their heads with a moto helmet on but they are fearless and have mad skills. If you have never witnessed a peewee race, do it, you'll thank me."