Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2016 Suzuki GSX-R750 - Coolness Factor = 74.1%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2016 Suzuki GSX-R750 on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... SXR750.htm

Breathtaking combination of outstanding engine performance, nimble handling, compact size and light weight....

The GSX-R750 has remained true to its original concept and championship-winning heritage. On the road or on the track, the GSX-R750 delivers a breathtaking combination of outstanding engine performance, crisp handling, compact size and light weight. Its secret is an unequaled pairing of 750cc performance with the lightweight, compact chassis of a 600cc Supersport, complemented by technologically advanced suspension front and rear.

In 1985, Suzuki unleashed the GSX-R750 to the world, which would become the foundation for today’s sportbikes. With unmatched engineering feats in light weight frames and power, it made its race track debut with a stunning victory at The Le Mans 24-hour World Endurance Championships!

Commemorating the 30th anniversary of the Suzuki GSX-R brand, the GSX-R family comes dressed in Suzuki's 30th Anniversary paint scheme. These exclusive colours express Suzuki’s spirit and passion for racing, while paying tribute to the Suzuki's GSX-R history.

Suzuki has remained true to the GSX-R’s original concept with continued evolution for the GSX-R750. The GSX-R750 remains the best choice for riders who appreciate a state-of-the-art 750cc engine combined with the compactness of a GSX-R600cc Supersport. When you ride a GSX-R750 you experience the breathtaking combination of outstanding race winning heritage, engine performance, crisp handling, compact size and light weight. It's a winning combination that allows any rider to experience the exhilarating rush any time, any place, anywhere.

2016 Suzuki GSX-R750 - http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $12299 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $13199 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £9599 GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)

ENGINE
Engine 750cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC
Bore x Stroke 70.0 mm x 48.7 mm (2.756 in x 1.917 in)
Compression Ratio 12.5 : 1
Fuel System Suzuki Fuel Injection
Starter Electric
Lubrication Wet sump
DRIVE TRAIN
Transmission 6-speed constant mesh
Final Drive Chain, RK525ROZ5Y, 116 links
CHASSIS
Suspension Front Inverted Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
Suspension Rear Link type, coil spring, oil damped
Brakes Front Brembo, Disc, Twin
Brakes Rear Disc
Tires Front 120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless
Tires Rear 180/55ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless
Fuel Tank Capacity 17.0 L (4.5 US gallons), 16.0 L (4.2 US gallons) CA model
Color Metallic Triton Blue, Metallic Matte Black No. 2 / Glass Sparkle Black
ELECTRICAL
Ignition Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
DIMENSIONS AND CURB WEIGHT
Overall Length 2030 mm (79.9 in)
Overall Width 710 mm (28.0 in)
Wheelbase 1390 mm (54.7 in)
Ground Clearance 130 mm ( 5.1 in)
Seat Height 810 mm (31.9 in)
Curb Weight 190 kg (419 lbs)
WARRANTY
Warranty 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2016 Suzuki GSX-R750 - Vote Now

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

We haven't had a Suzuki Supersport bike up in a while so I thought it was time. The GSX-R750 is a unique engine size category so I'm sure it will give you all something to talk about!

Enjoy

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: Awesome

I really like the idea of a "rebel" 750cc Sportbike, it's a very old engine size category when 500cc, 750cc and 1000cc were the norm in the late 70's/early 80s. I've always felt a 750cc was the perfect engine size. It's lighter than the open class liter bikes, but more powerful than the 500cc move up bikes. Able to have great HP and torque with a mix of handling between the two sizes.

I'm also happy Suzuki keeps improving the 750 and believing in it. It would have been SO easy to go the route that so many other manufacturers are taking and bumping up their models 50 or 100cc to look better. Suzuki didn't have to do that.

What isn't there to love?

Mike

BTW- 1 voted FAIL on the GSX-R750, I and I'm sure many others are curious to learn why it would be a fail?

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

With all the chat over at the 2017 Suzuki SV650 from Dec 2015 still going on over at viewtopic.php?f=61&t=52436 the 2016 Suzuki GSX-R750 didn't get much love (or comments!). LOL.

There is no denying that the new SV650 is a great bike, personally, I love it too, but don't forget to have your say about the GSX-R750, I hear it's feelings are a little hurt. :(

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2016 Suzuki GSX-R750 - Coolness Factor = 74.1%
Featured: January 15th - January 22nd 2016
Most popular vote category: Cool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=52533
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... SXR750.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2016 Suzuki GSX-R750 is:

Awesome (3 points) 39% 39% [ 7 ]
Cool (2 points) 50% 50% [ 9 ]
Uncool (1 point) 6% 6% [ 1 ]
Fail (0 point) 6% 6% [ 1 ]

Total votes: 18

= a Coolwall Factor of 74.1%

Notes: Suzuki says: "Breathtaking combination of outstanding engine performance, nimble handling, compact size and light weight...." and it looks like our readers and even myself couldn't agree more.

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike for 2016 is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!

montanalifter
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: Yamaha FJR 1300

Re: 2016 Suzuki GSX-R750 - Coolness Factor = 74.1%

#6 Unread post by montanalifter »

Definitely a cool bike. I am sure it would be fun to ride, not sure about the ergos for bigger riders. I gave it an awesome then down rated it to a cool after thinking 12k and change for a 750 seemed too much to me. I also wondered why a uncool or fail, just that they don't like sport bikes or ?