2009 Honda DN-01http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2009models/2009-Honda-DN01.htm
2009 Honda DN-01
Honda's stunning new DN-01 is in a class of its own—the world's first crossover bike. Styled like a sportbike, but offering Honda's radical new HFT Transmission, it's an automatic unlike anything you've ever seen. You can shift it into six preset ratios, or you can let it function as a stepless, no-shifting Constantly Variable Transmission, or CVT. The DN-01 is a perfect choice if you're looking to get into motorcycling or if you're just a long-time rider who wants to be on the most cutting-edge bike out there.
It's like no motorcycle you've ever seen. And it's definitely like no motorcycle you've ever ridden. The revolutionary Honda DN-01 is designed to create a nearly seamless connection between you and your riding environment, with a relaxed, low seating position and a clear view to the road ahead. Its Human Friendly Transmission (HFT) allows you to ride in fully automatic mode, or you can shift it like a manual transmission via handy handlebar-mounted push buttons. You can even rev the powerful V-twin engine at stoplights, something most automatic transmissions won't allow.
Honda's reputation for forging new categories in motorcycling takes its latest form in the radical DN-01. This futuristic machine combines true sporting performance with a fully-automatic transmission, a low seat height and exceptional style.
Features & Benefits
- Colors include Candy Dark Red and Black.
- Powerful 4-valve, 680cc liquid-cooled V-twin engine.
- HFT transmission is a continuously variable, hydromechanical design that automatically and seamlessly changes drive ratios to produce strong, smooth acceleration. Unlike conventional belt-drive designs, HFT is compact, quiet, no scheduled maintenance, and features two automatic modes and a six-speed manual mode with push-button shifting.
- Low 27.2-inch seat height assures flat-footed confidence when stopped.
- Large-diameter 41mm front fork and single-shock Pro Arm® Rear Suspension (see Technology Section) provide a sporting ride on low-profile Z-rated radial tires.
- Combined ABS (LBS-ABS, see Technology Section) triple-disc brake system for sure-footed braking in varying conditions.
- Combined Braking System (CBS) provides excellent braking power for added confidence in a wide range of operating conditions. CBS applies front braking force whenever the rear brake is operated.
- On the DN-01, equipped with dual front disc brakes with three-piston calipers and a twin-piston rear caliper, rider application of the front-brake lever activates all six brake pistons in the front calipers. Application of the rear-brake pedal activates the dual pistons of the rear caliper and the center piston of the front-left caliper.
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS w/CBS) utilizes modulators- one each on the front and rear wheels- driven directly by specially developed electric motors. In operation, an Electronic Control Unit (ECU) monitors wheel and vehicle speed. If one of both of the wheels approach a locking condition, the modulators, via a signal from the ECU, lower hydraulic pressure by acting directly on the brake piston(s). As wheel speed re-approaches motorcycle speed, the hydraulic pressure is increased. This entire process is repeated numerous times in just one second, resulting in optimal braking pressure and enhanced rider control.
- Beautiful aerodynamic design provides protection from the elements.
2009 Honda DN-01 - Specifications
MSRP: $14,599 USD
Engine Type 680cc liquid-cooled 52° V-Twin
Bore and Stroke 81mm x 66mm
Induction PGM-FI with automatic enrichment circuit, 40mm throttle bodies and 12-hole injectors
Ignition Digital transistorized with electronic advance
Compression Ratio 10.0:1
Valve Train SOHC; four valves per cylinder
Transmission HFT continuously variable, hydromechanical two-mode automatic with six-speed manual mode.
Final Drive Shaft
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES
Front Suspension 41mm telescopic fork with 4.2 inches travel
Rear Suspension Pro Arm single-side swingarm with single shock, seven-position spring preload adjustability; 4.7 inches travel
Front Brake Combined ABS with dual full-floating 296mm discs and three-piston calipers
Rear Brake Combined ABS with single 276mm disc and three-piston caliper
Front Tire 130/70 ZR17 radial
Rear Tire 190/50 ZR17 radial
Rake (Caster Angle): 28.5°
Trail 114mm (4.5 inches)
Wheelbase 63.2 inches
Seat Height 27.2 inches
Curb Weight 595 lbs (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel—ready to ride)
Fuel Capacity 4.0 gallons, including .08-gallon reserve
Emissions Meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) and EPA standards
Available Colors Candy Dark Red, Black
Model ID NSA700A
Note HFT Automatic Transmission
FACTORY WARRANTY INFORMATION
One Year Unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
_________________2013 Motorcycle Model Guides2012 Motorcycle Model Guides2013 ATV/Quad Model Guides
Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Buell, Can-Am, Ducati, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.