Bulldog4689
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: Triumph America LT

Looking to upgrade

#1 Unread post by Bulldog4689 »

Currently riding a Triumph America LT but I am looking to upgrade. I am on the fence between two vastly different rides. First is the Triumph Thunderbird Storm which will provide a somewhat similar ride to the America although much more power obviously. And second is the BMW R1200 RT. Being a true touring bike I would imagine that the ride is quite different from the America.

I would appreciate any thoughts/recommendations, pros/cons for either bike.

Thanks in advance

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Re: Looking to upgrade

#2 Unread post by Hanson »

If you like the service you are getting from your Triumph dealership... what about the Trophy for a touring bike?

I love the technology of the BMW motorcycles, and even a bit of the sub-culture, but not the maintenance and the major lack of dependability. The BMW brand has one of the worst records for reliability.

At the other end of the reliability spectrum, you might also consider a Yamaha FJR which is a sport touring motorcycle with gobs of silky smooth power and a sterling reputation for dependability.

Safe Travels,
Richard
ImageImage

Bulldog4689
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: Triumph America LT

Re: Looking to upgrade

#3 Unread post by Bulldog4689 »

Thanks for the info, I will look into the Yamaha FJR. I do like the service I am getting from the Triumph dealership, they are also a BMW dealership which is how I got interested in the R1200 RT.

Thanks Again for the recommendation.