classic motorcycle

sparky
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

classic motorcycle

#1 Unread post by sparky »

I stumbled on a chance to pick up 2 near mint condition classic motorcycles. I only got a brief look at them, and after some searching, I believe them to be honda (I'm certain they're honda) CL90 from sometime during the 60s. Searching the net came up with little information on these babies, so I was wondering if they're something worth investing time and money into. Thanks

Toyuzu
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 15
My Motorcycle: 1981 Honda CX 500 Custom

#2 Unread post by Toyuzu »

If they are near mint, they should be running, ready to go with just a few repairs, maybe something cosmetic? If they have been sitting for a long time and are simply near mint by appearance because they were covered, or otherwise well-protected, they will require a good deal of work and money to be road-worthy again. Parts availability will be a huge roadblock, too.

I've personally never even seen one up close, but I've read a bit about them and they were cherished bikes in their day. If you want some nostalgia to ride around on go for it, but I doubt they will bring you much in the way of profit, unless you are getting for next to nothing.
[i]Only the dead have seen the end of war. (Plato)[/i]

sparky
Veteran
Veteran

#3 Unread post by sparky »

they are running, and one of them has only a ripped seat and no rust, while the other has just a little rust. The only cost to me, is the cost to transport them home from indiana to NY.

Toyuzu
Years Riding: 15
My Motorcycle: 1981 Honda CX 500 Custom

#4 Unread post by Toyuzu »

I would grab em' then. But I'd want to ride them, not sell them. They would be fun little run-around-town bikes and would probably spark a lot of good conversations with other bikers.
[i]Only the dead have seen the end of war. (Plato)[/i]

Aggroton
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#5 Unread post by Aggroton »

yeah i have a 64 honda 90...it was a pain trying to find parts...but so much fun once i got it running...and they look so cool....

post some pics!
thats a sweet bike.

cb360
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#6 Unread post by cb360 »

Yeah, yeah, pics! Maybe you keep one and sell one to offset your costs. Way cool little bikes.
1974 Honda CB360
1985 Honda Magna VF700c

mysta2
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#7 Unread post by mysta2 »

check this out

I've been consistently impressed at the availability of parts for my bike through eBay. Also when you get into classic bikes the people that tend to be into them are really nice to deal with so you can track down all kinds of stuff with a few connections.
[url=http://www.cafepress.com/dropbars][img]http://www.dropbars.com/cafepress%20banner.jpg[/img][/url]
Check out my [url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=5844]blog[/url] for the latest on my little project.

sparky
Veteran
Veteran

#8 Unread post by sparky »

It turns out that they're honda s90's but I'm still not sure of the year. I definately plan on keeping them. Since they're identical except for the color, I figure I'll use it as an excuse to get my girl to ride her own bike since she's all for the "his and hers" things. :D

vennyroger
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: Cbz

Re: classic motorcycle

#9 Unread post by vennyroger »

Classic motorcycle always gives performance and the classic elegance. Such motorcycle are most expendable motorcycles with better reliability, constancy and stability.