My Moto Guzzi V7. Does it smell like pizza or is it just me?

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: My Moto Guzzi V7. Does it smell like pizza or is it just

#241 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Interesting to note...

Moto Guzzi V7 vs Harley-Davidson Street XG750

Today I put up the new 2015 Harley-Davidson Street XG750 bike and it's interesting as it's very close to the Moto Guzzi V7 that I thought I'd do a quick (and basic) compare of the two. I won't offer up a final judgment or conclusion as I haven't rode the Harley-Davidson Street 750, but here are some photos and specs:

Harley-Davidson Street XG750
Vivid Black $7,499; Color Option $7,794 USD
Engine Torque 44.3 ft-lb
Engine Torque (rpm) 4,000
Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy 41 mpg
Engine Liquid-cooled, Revolution X™ V-Twin
Displacement 749 cc
Fuel System 3 Mikuni Single Port Fuel Injection, 38 mm bore
Weight, As Shipped 455 lb.
Weight, In Running Order 489 lb
Fuel Capacity 3.5 gal.

Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
US MSRP Price: $8,490 USD
Type 90° V-twin 4-stroke
Capacity 744 cc
Maximum power 37 kW (50HP) at 6,200 rpm
Maximum torque 42.7 ft lbs. / 58Nm at 5,000 rpm
Fuel system Weber-Marelli electronic fuel injection.
Fuel Economy: 50 mpg
Curb weight 395 pounds - 179 kg
Fuel tank capacity 5.8 gallons (22 liters)
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

mgrt13
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 25
My Motorcycle: v7 Stone (from end Feb 2013)

#242 Unread post by mgrt13 »

Mike

Really kind words, many thanks.

I am pleased with the build so far, but more ideas bubbling away.

Have to say that the v7 is a fantastic bike, a smile every time i throw a leg over.

As for the scenary, i like it when its a tad more blurry!

Cheers
MGRT13
####################################
Previous Bikes (that I can remember)
Honda SL125
Simson SR51 (Bet this one is a rare one on here)
Yamaha DT125
Yamaha XJ600
Yamaha FZ400
Kawasaki ZXR6
Yamaha YZF R125
Current - Moto Guzzi V7 Stone "The Flying Tiger"

mgrt13
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 25
My Motorcycle: v7 Stone (from end Feb 2013)

#243 Unread post by mgrt13 »

Mike

Really kind words, many thanks.

I am pleased with the build so far, but more ideas bubbling away.

Have to say that the v7 is a fantastic bike, a smile every time i throw a leg over.

As for the scenary, i like it when its a tad more blurry!

Cheers
MGRT13
####################################
Previous Bikes (that I can remember)
Honda SL125
Simson SR51 (Bet this one is a rare one on here)
Yamaha DT125
Yamaha XJ600
Yamaha FZ400
Kawasaki ZXR6
Yamaha YZF R125
Current - Moto Guzzi V7 Stone "The Flying Tiger"

hrez2kx
Rookie
Rookie
My Motorcycle: 2014 MG V7 Stone

#244 Unread post by hrez2kx »

Hi Mike,

Been following your V7 thread for quite a while (lurking), and I have to say that you were part of what steered me towards a V7 Stone, which I just picked up this weekend! I'd like to put Mistral pipes on it, but I'm a bit confused on the offerings compared to pictures I've seen in the wild and your own. Mike, it looks like you have upswept mufflers on yours, but MGCycle says that they won't fit on the stone (without modifications). The regular ones for the stone (second link) don't look the same as the ones that you purchased, which I really like the look of. Mike, would you mind pointing me in the right direction?

upswept: http://www.mgcycle.com/product_info.php ... ts_id=2577
regular: http://www.mgcycle.com/product_info.php ... ts_id=2576

Thanks!

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#245 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Congratulations on the new Guzzi! You are going to LOVE it, trust me. Just remember "sport mode" is 4k rpm and above. :D

Don't forget to post a photo of your new V7 Stone!

The pipes really do make quite a difference in the power band of the bike and the sound is a real bonus. I'll check my pipes for a number... (going to garage)... well, they don't unfortunately have a part number on them that I could find, but they did say:

Mistral - Made in Mandello

There was no modifications to fit the pipes to the bike, the stock exhausts just slip back on in their place (I've swapped the stockers back on last year to test MPG* and then back to the Mistrals). * very little difference in MPG.

I didn't know there were 2 different part numbers for them, but from the title, I would go with:

Mistral reverse cone muffler set V7 Classic, V7 Stone V7 Special
[Part Number: MGCLAC]

As they look like they are a little less upswept and would fit better on the Stone. I think the other ones are for the Racer.

Mike
hrez2kx wrote:Hi Mike,

Been following your V7 thread for quite a while (lurking), and I have to say that you were part of what steered me towards a V7 Stone, which I just picked up this weekend! I'd like to put Mistral pipes on it, but I'm a bit confused on the offerings compared to pictures I've seen in the wild and your own. Mike, it looks like you have upswept mufflers on yours, but MGCycle says that they won't fit on the stone (without modifications). The regular ones for the stone (second link) don't look the same as the ones that you purchased, which I really like the look of. Mike, would you mind pointing me in the right direction?

upswept: http://www.mgcycle.com/product_info.php ... ts_id=2577
regular: http://www.mgcycle.com/product_info.php ... ts_id=2576

Thanks!

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

hrez2kx
Rookie
Rookie

#246 Unread post by hrez2kx »

Mike, trust ME I LOVE it already!! :D

I've had my eyes on the mistral pipes for months even before I bought the bike. I really like the look of yours as well:

However, take a look at the one in the link (MGCLAC):

The pipes are angled differently. I know its just a superficial thing, but when it comes to my new baby I kind of want it to be perfect. Your's has the angle I'm looking for. If I may ask, where did you pick up your muffler set?

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#247 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

hrez2kx wrote:Mike, trust ME I LOVE it already!! :D

I've had my eyes on the mistral pipes for months even before I bought the bike. I really like the look of yours as well:

However, take a look at the one in the link (MGCLAC):

The pipes are angled differently. I know its just a superficial thing, but when it comes to my new baby I kind of want it to be perfect. Your's has the angle I'm looking for. If I may ask, where did you pick up your muffler set?

I ordered mine straight from the dealer when I bought the bike, it took about 10 days for them to arrive after I got my bike and they installed them. Let me find my invoice:

Stock Code: MGCLAC
Mistral reverse cone muffler set for V7 Classic and V7 Stone, polished stainless steel.

Ordered 11/5/2012

So it does appear I do indeed have the MGCLAC versions. I wonder if mine are installed "upside down" or swapped left to right? lol.

Thanks for the complements on the looks of the pipes, the "upsweaptness" of them really does make them look pretty sporty eh?

Mike

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#248 Unread post by dr_bar »

The mufflers look like one set is just installed upside down...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

hrez2kx
Rookie
Rookie

#249 Unread post by hrez2kx »

Thanks for the info Mike. I ordered the same ones you have. Can't wait until they get here! The bike is wonderful already, and if youtube videos are to be believed, these pipes will make things even better.

hrez2kx
Rookie
Rookie

#250 Unread post by hrez2kx »

Mike, are they installed upside down?? That would be funny if that were the reason this while time. Alternatively, did you change out the rear footrest hangers? I'm seeing that they need to be changed out for the upswept mistral exhaust to be fitted (exhaust designed for the racer/cafe). See: http://www.corsaspeedshop.com/epages/yp ... cale=en_GB