The Blog of Blues

Nalian
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2011/BMW/F800R

#831 Unread post by Nalian »

Blues!! :eek: What kind of example are you setting?! :waggingfinger: I'm :jawdrop: !!!

:laughing: Really though, I've been wearing just jeans lately when commuting to work and I don't feel guilty about it yet. :( Bad sign I know!

blues2cruise
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#832 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I know, Nalian.....Very bad example. :laughing: .....I just wanted to try it once.
:mrgreen:

blues2cruise

#833 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I made a concession to the heat. I've been wearing a half helmet back and forth to work the last few times. :shock:

I am so used to wearing a full face helmet that the first day it felt strange to be so "exposed". I made sure I had nice colourful lipstick on.... :lol:

The second and third days back and forth to work felt great. The brim on the helmet is a plus for riding home because I have to ride into the sun...

When the heat wave we have been experiencing lowers a few degrees I'll be wearing my full face helmet again.

There was a record set a few days back for the hottest temperature ever recorded in Vancouver history.

Thank my lucky stars for a mesh jacket. I still wear the riding pants, but have the side zip open to help fel a bit cooler when riding.

I though the freeway would help.....it was just hot wind blowing.

It was a few degrees cooler today. :)

blues2cruise

#834 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I finally found a tank bag for my bike. I have been looking for one for a long time.
Instead of the flaps with the magnets being top and bottom, this bag has flaps with magnets that hang over the side of the tank.

I also took my bike in for servicing today. It did not need a carb synch or the valves adjusted. :mrgreen: Still plenty of brakes, too. :mrgreen:

It did seem to ride better with all the fresh fluids in it.

Last night I gave it a wash. It was so dirty I could barely see through the windshield. Where I work the air gets dusty and then of course if it rains, and then the sun comes out, the dust sticks to the wet....
Our office is on a busy corner of 2 highways that has lots of trucks going by. That's why it's such a dusty area.

Tomorrow I will take my nice clean and freshly serviced bike for a ride. :)

blues2cruise

#835 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Friday, August 7.
After work today I spent almost 2 hours washing and polishing my motorcycle. Used the special plast-x for the windshield, good chrome polish to get that deep lustre shine on the pipes and other chrome....chamois to dry the water off....
It looked showroom new when I was finished. :)

Then, today, Monday, August 10 it rained all flippin' day....I was raining my whole way to work, it got rained on all day while it sat parked at work, and it rained even harder on the way home from work. :x :frusty:
My bike looks as dirty as ever again.

I guess I'll wait for this wet weather pattern to go away before I expend that much energy cleaning again.

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#836 Unread post by dr_bar »

Must be getting close to the start of the PNE, that will bring rain if nothing else does...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

blues2cruise

#837 Unread post by blues2cruise »

dr_bar wrote:Must be getting close to the start of the PNE, that will bring rain if nothing else does...
LOL...I wrote that same comment a while ago in Facebook. :laughing:

Great minds (or people in the lower mainland with experience) think alike. :)

blues2cruise

Urban Rider is approved and ready for me to take next step

#838 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I got official government approval today to use Urban Rider for my business name.

I have a domain name registered and a business cards file ready for the printer. (a real printer person, not my home printer)

I was doing a bit of work with a school but his ethics left me uncomfortable, so I moved on. I have been providing riding supervisor services for one client, but that's all I've had time for just yet.

I may be getting started at a snail's pace, but that's ok. :) Between my full time job and socializing and going out riding, I haven't had much time to put into writing a curriculum. I've got half a power point made so far though. :mrgreen:

Soon, I should have the pictures from my trip ready to upload..... :)

blues2cruise

#839 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I am bad. I was showing off. Oh the shame of it. :laughing:

I left work several minutes ahead of a man from work who rides. He must have been travelling at a good pace to have caught up given the traffic and lights...(maybe he got all green lights)
Anyway, he rode up beside me at a red light and smiled and spoke a greeting. At first I did not recognize him because of the helmet and glasses on him. I smiled and waved....

When the light turned green he pulled in behind me and rode staggered with me. I was inspired to ride ahem..uh...a bit differently than my sometimes stodgey ways...(although Doc would dispute that...he says my riding is edgy sometimes :mrgreen: )

As we approached the long winding curved entrance to the freeway, I took it a full speed (and then some :oops: ). I may have even touched a chicken strip. :shock: :laughing:

I ride this way home most days and this day in particular the road was dry...so I am used to this entrance....but I will admit to pushing it a bit more....

We got onto the freeway and then at an entrance a lot of traffic was coming on so I wanted to move over. sigh...The car in the passing lane just a bit behind me would not pass. :roll:
I rolled on the throttle of my trusty 650 V-Star and changed lanes and accelerated quickly ahead of that car who would not go....when will people learn that slower traffic should keep right? Once I got past the traffic, I moved back into the middle lane.

My co-worker had to pull into the passing lane after a couple of cars went by. He then caught up in the passing lane and slowed a bit....but I waited until he got ahead of me I pulled in behind him to ride staggered....

That was fun few minutes. We went home via different exits and I went back to my regular routine riding. :)

blues2cruise

Mileage on my motorcycle

#840 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Considering the trials and tribulations with my motorcycle from new to now....this is impressive....and they are all mine....

It happened on Labour Day.....