#1371 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Gosh...thanks, Richard. :)

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

Re: The Blog of Blues

#1372 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I was waiting for the low fuel light to come on. Around here there are enough gas stations that if I pushed my luck I could go get gas easily.

Yesterday the low fuel light came on at 304 km. That's actually quite good.

If Sunday's ride had been flat the mileage would be even better.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#1373 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Wow, 304km, that's really good. I get around 250-265km on 14l of gas before my light comes on. (I have a 22l tank, not sure why my reserve light comes on so early, but there you have it).

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

blues2cruise

#1374 Unread post by blues2cruise »

totalmotorcycle wrote:Wow, 304km, that's really good. I get around 250-265km on 14l of gas before my light comes on. (I have a 22l tank, not sure why my reserve light comes on so early, but there you have it).

Mike
I suspect I'm less aggressive on the throttle. :mrgreen:

blues2cruise

#1375 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I was out of town last week. I went on my annual autumn road trip...only this time I went in my car. I was meeting a friend in the Okanagan to go do some photography stuff so for convenience and potential safety...I went in the RVR.

At this time of year the Coquihalla Highway can be hit suddenly with fog and snow. Fortunately there was no snow, but there was fog and rain.

Here are a couple of photos from my journey.

I'm sharing this one because it was probably the very best apple I have ever eaten. While we were at the edge of the orchard taking pictures, the orchardist came over to talk to us. He said to help ourselves to a few apples. Well...I took the picture, plucked it from the tree and ate it. Sweet, juicy and crisp.
fresh apple.jpg
My brakes got a bit of a workout...as I was travelling along the Coquihalla and saw a scene I would pull over and stop. Sometimes it meant going past a scene to find a safe place and walk back....This was one such scene. The picture does not do it justice.
Ranchland.jpg

sv-wolf
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Honda Fireblade, 2004: Suzuki DR650, 201

#1376 Unread post by sv-wolf »

Beautiful colours and textures, Blues. Lovely photo.
Hud

“Man has no right to kill his brother. It is no excuse that he does so in uniform: he only adds the infamy of servitude to the crime of murder.”
Percy Bysshe Shelley

SV-Wolf's Bike Blog

blues2cruise

#1377 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Thank you. Pictures cannot do justice to the actual scene. It was gorgeous.

blues2cruise

#1378 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I'm thinking of this for next year.

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

#1379 Unread post by Hanson »

Blues,

Suzuki DL650A color options for 2015 ---- Blues blue and white.

If you are truly thinking about a DL650A then I would recommend that you do a bit of reading on http://www.stromtrooper.com. This is a great bike, but it does have problems with wind management and it has a chain drive which makes it harder to keep the bike shiny. I know that you like your bikes shiny. Also, it has a cable clutch and I understand that you have had concerns with your left wrist in the past.

There is also a general consensus that the Adventure trim might not be the best option. For the same money, you can pick and choose individual after market components that perform better then the Adventure package, but if you are not inclined to go to that trouble, then it might be the right choice for you. I know that even after nearly six months I still don't have a set of panniers which I sorely miss. Also, some people have gotten great deals on Adventure packaged bikes.

On the plus side --- the motor is a rock, the bike is dependable and low maintenance, the rider position is upright and comfortable and you are getting good value for your money with an enormous selection of after market parts. Power? I have no problems at all cruising down windy west Texas highways at 85 mph for many hours at a time.

Ergonomics? Have you had a test ride, or at least a test sit? I have no problem at all flat footing my bike with the OEM tall seat, but I have long legs. If you have problems with the height it is my understand that there are quite a few affordable options for lowering the bike a bit.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a PM, but the best resource is still likely to be stromtrooper.com

Best Regards,
Richard
ImageImage

blues2cruise

#1380 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Hanson wrote:Blues,

Suzuki DL650A color options for 2015 ---- Blues blue and white.

If you are truly thinking about a DL650A then I would recommend that you do a bit of reading on http://www.stromtrooper.com. This is a great bike, but it does have problems with wind management and it has a chain drive which makes it harder to keep the bike shiny. I know that you like your bikes shiny. Also, it has a cable clutch and I understand that you have had concerns with your left wrist in the past.

There is also a general consensus that the Adventure trim might not be the best option. For the same money, you can pick and choose individual after market components that perform better then the Adventure package, but if you are not inclined to go to that trouble, then it might be the right choice for you. I know that even after nearly six months I still don't have a set of panniers which I sorely miss. Also, some people have gotten great deals on Adventure packaged bikes.

On the plus side --- the motor is a rock, the bike is dependable and low maintenance, the rider position is upright and comfortable and you are getting good value for your money with an enormous selection of after market parts. Power? I have no problems at all cruising down windy west Texas highways at 85 mph for many hours at a time.

Ergonomics? Have you had a test ride, or at least a test sit? I have no problem at all flat footing my bike with the OEM tall seat, but I have long legs. If you have problems with the height it is my understand that there are quite a few affordable options for lowering the bike a bit.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a PM, but the best resource is still likely to be stromtrooper.com

Best Regards,
Richard
Thanks for the info.

I'll have to go back to the shop to see the one I was looking at. It was a hydraulic clutch.

I have done a demo ride in the past. The shop that has these has a bike for test riding... I just need a dry day to go back with my gear.

The reason I want to change is that I am finding the forward control position is no longer suitable for me on long rides. As much as I love having floorboards and love the look of cruisers....I need a change of position.

I'll go ask the guys at the shop on the weekend. It might be a 2014 that is in the shop.