The Blog of Blues

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#821 Unread post by blues2cruise »

As of today, I cut my ties with the motorcycle school. I don't like being lied to.
There have been a couple of issues that could be overlooked, but today was the breaking point.

I was polite about "moving on" and this time he did not try to dissuade me...

So, I will now be looking for clients. I have a couple of "freebies" to get me started so I can have references. (They are people I know from work)

I have a friend who is a business/marketing person who will help me with the business cards and pamphlets etc. He can also point me in the right direction to make a website and find a hosting site.

I need more hours in the day.... :roll:
My regular job takes up a lot of time because of the commute. I plan to look for a new job in the fall. Ths new company that took over, moved our office out to the boonies....

Soon...part 2 of the instructor school experience.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#822 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

blues2cruise wrote:As of today, I cut my ties with the motorcycle school. I don't like being lied to.

So, I will now be looking for clients. I have a couple of "freebies" to get me started so I can have references. (They are people I know from work)

I have a friend who is a business/marketing person who will help me with the business cards and pamphlets etc. He can also point me in the right direction to make a website and find a hosting site.
I would be glad to offer any advice or help I can too, I can even recommended a good hosting site (www.idleserv.net) and try Office Depot or Staples for your business cards first, the saved me $$$. Just PM me for more advice if needed. :D

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

blues2cruise

#823 Unread post by blues2cruise »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
blues2cruise wrote:As of today, I cut my ties with the motorcycle school. I don't like being lied to.

I would be glad to offer any advice or help I can too, I can even recommended a good hosting site (www.idleserv.net) and try Office Depot or Staples for your business cards first, the saved me $$$. Just PM me for more advice if needed. :D

Mike
Thank you. As soon as I get a business name "cemented" I'll send a message.

blues2cruise

#824 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I rode Doc's Valkyrie. :shock: It's hard to lift, but once it's rolling it's ok. Although I did paddle walk it for a u-turn. :) The Valkyrie is over 200 pounds heavier than my bike. I wasn't prepared to attempt any fancy maneuvering.
Wowee...there sure is lots of power.

I also rode with a passenger today. It was only for about five or ten minutes, but it was my first time. (Cripes..now I have that Madonna song in my head)

It was easier than I had expected.

I also took my hands of the handlbars..... :shock: I decided to try it because if I am going to teach riding and explain gyroscopic force....I should know what I'm talking about and how it feels. Seems the stuff they taught in theory is true. :laughing:

We also had some fun with photos.....I am so white that apparently the white balance of the digital camera was thrown off. I better get outside and get some sun on my legs.

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: dream bike (really, it's in my dreams)

#825 Unread post by fireguzzi »

blues2cruise wrote:

I also rode with a passenger today. It was only for about five or ten minutes, but it was my first time. (Cripes..now I have that Madonna song in my head)
So you rode someone like a virgin for the very first time?........Nice.

So what ever happened to part 2 of the school experience?
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/fireguzzi/papabarsig.jpg[/img]

blues2cruise

#826 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I'm working on week 2 of the instructor school. Thanks fireguzzi for reminding me.

Here is another installment of the mystery motorcycle marketing campaign.
I thought it was quite amusing.

blues2cruise

#827 Unread post by blues2cruise »

My friend and I who are going on the road trip together.

We were at the ferry terminal waiting for the ferry to come in.

blues2cruise

#828 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I got tired of having my riding pants ride up my leg when on the bike. So....I made pant clips.

Cheap and effective.

blues2cruise

My story in the AMA newsletter.

#829 Unread post by blues2cruise »

This is a copy and paste from the latest AMA newletter. I wrote in and a few weeks later they emailed and asked if they could use my story.
So, here it is.... :D

I ride because it puts me in control

Donna was tired of hearing "no."

By Donna

I ride because it makes me feel that I am finally in control of my own life. I spent my whole life being told no: "no, you can't" or "no, you shouldn't" or "no, it's not suitable for a girl/woman."

Finally, at the age of 53, I learned to ride a motorcycle. I took lessons, bought a motorcycle and then took more lessons to ride it. That was four-and-a-half years ago. It was a big challenge that did not come easy, but I met it head on and succeeded. It makes me feel good about myself for having overcome a lifetime of negativity by following my heart and doing this for myself.

Once I started riding and the fear went away, I knew what job I wanted to do. I decided I wanted to become a motorcycle instructor. I took the course and passed it. I am now licensed to teach motorcycle riding to beginners and am working part time in the business.

Becoming a motorcyclist opened up a whole new world for me. Motorcycling feeds my sense of adventure, but the biggest adventure is yet to come: riding to Keystone, Colo., for the AMA International Women & Motorcycling Conference, presented by Harley-Davidson and Buell.

Donna lives in Vancouver, Canada.

Can you relate to Donna's story? If so, point your bike toward Keystone, Colo., this Aug. 19-22, where you can connect with like-minded women at the AMA International Women & Motorcycling Conference, presented by Harley-Davidson and Buell.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Connect with us!

There are several ways to tell your story through this newsletter and WomenAndMotorcycling.com:

blues2cruise

Squid behaviour

#830 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I did something very squidly. :squiddly:

I rode in a pair of shorts. (A skort actually).....

Once was enough. I was in Osoyoos last weekend. It was very, very, very hot....we decided to ride in to town from the campsite to go get ice cream.
I put on my jacket, boots, gloves and helmet....and wore shorts...it felt great but at the same time I was so conscious of hot pipes, bare legs and hard pavement......we got our ice cream....oh it was so good. and then rode back to the campsite.

Youch.....The bare skin stuck to the vinyl seat :shock: .....OMG that hurt so much. I still have the bruising on the skin from it....
I sure don't plan on wearing shorts again.....

:laughing: