pchast
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 1980 Suzuki GS550L, 2019 Zero DSR

Re: The Blog of Blues

#1461 Unread post by pchast »

HI, did you try heat with that foam tape....
A hair drier on low.

That and a putty knife worked for me on
some furniture.
2019 Zero DSR, 1980 Suzuki GS550L

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#1462 Unread post by NorthernPete »

My brother just bought a strom. He lives it so far. Had it about 2 months and has I think close to 10k Kms on it. A couple long trips with his wife riding pillon too. He got luggage boxes. Seemed like a good bike, not too heavy but lots of storage.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#1463 Unread post by blues2cruise »

NorthernPete wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:14 am My brother just bought a strom. He lives it so far. Had it about 2 months and has I think close to 10k Kms on it. A couple long trips with his wife riding pillon too. He got luggage boxes. Seemed like a good bike, not too heavy but lots of storage.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm still considering one...but now I have to wait until I find a place to live. I'm looking.

blues2cruise

#1464 Unread post by blues2cruise »

pchast wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:58 pm HI, did you try heat with that foam tape....
A hair drier on low.

That and a putty knife worked for me on
some furniture.
It never occurred to me to try heat. I used a combination of my putty knife and utility knife to get off the big stuff. Then I used sandpaper to get off the sticky residue. (Instead of wax on/wax off) I was sandpaper on and on and on and on....
Then had to cut the loosened section of the layer of paper on the gyprock and cover it with mesh wall repair tape. It's adhesive. Then used poly filla over a couple of days to fill and sand and feather before painting.
If I ever come across that again I will try some heat.

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#1465 Unread post by Gummiente »

Blue's Mobile Home Repair/House Sitting Service. You may have just found yourself a niche market, girl. :)
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

blues2cruise

#1466 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Gummiente wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:52 pm Blue's Mobile Home Repair/House Sitting Service. You may have just found yourself a niche market, girl. :)
I'm getting too old for this much daily labour. :(

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#1467 Unread post by roscowgo »

Blues is still Cruisin I see :D *waves I've gotta get to reading and catch up to everybody.

blues2cruise

#1468 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Yes, I'm still cruising along...just in a Ram truck these days. I'm considering getting another bike...but it will have to wait until Spring.

I have been so busy with this never ending painting project...long long story...and child minding...and next week house sitting...I'll get my own life back in the Spring. I'll be house sitting over winter so there is no point getting a bike now as I will not have a garage.

Oh....almost forgot...I was looking after someone's dog last week also.

I need a vacation from my retirement. :)

I should be able to get some R & R after the 16th. I'm going to house sit for a few weeks and there will be nobody around. The house sits on an acre. I can taste the quietness already. :)

blues2cruise

#1469 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I gave a 110% over 4 days and got the painting job finished. Talk about trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. The place looks good now, but it took a lot of hard work, youtube research, and wall repair tape, polyfilla, sandpaper, and many gallons of paint.
Aside from that, I helped move yet more furniture. The trim around the entry door looked like it had been beaten up. It looks almost new now.
As for the dog I was looking after for 4 days. Although I had to take him with me to get my painting job done...he was easy. The dog owner had said the dog wouldn't travel in a vehicle. I proved him wrong. I needed to go get the painting job done, so I took the dog. He was only anxious for the first few minutes, but then settled down. He just "hung out" on the blanket on the back seat. I took a couple of pictures with my cell and texted the pics to the owner. The dog never barked, whimpered or whined over three days. I took the dog home Saturday evening. I think the owner was happier to see the dog than the dog was to see the owner.
The dog started crying as I walked away. I could hear him crying all the way to the elevator. I think the dog liked my calmness. The owner is a bit neurotic.
Today I am resting and relaxing. I feel almost broken from so much hard work.
I'll get over it quickly and I hope I remember to say no next time someone asks. LOL

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#1470 Unread post by roscowgo »

Painting, drywall work, mudding, sanding.... It's a Lot of work. The overhead stuff killed me back when my shoulder didn't suck so much. I'd need to get creative and put on my McGuyver hat now.

Been through some life myself since I was last on. Still riding, currently a burgman 650 that I absolutely love. Just clicked over 10k for the year last weekend. And out in the parking lot there is an 87 goldwing interstate. Picked it up a week ago for 1600. Saturday and sunday it's getting new tires (spooned on by yours truly), new timing belts, clutch and brake fluid replacements and bleeds, new fork seals (progressive springs to come sometime soonish), about 300 lbs of rusty pitted chrome tossed in the trash. About that much random really badly done wiring for a million little lights it seems like. New coolant, oil change. Control cables lubed (either new cables or whole new masters and slaves, that stuff is eld as far as bikes go).

https://roscowgo1.smugmug.com/Goldwing/i-pSh3g9N that's the wing. She's been whispering Rusty Rita to me. Get it road worthy, ride around next week then it's a 500 mile trip to md.

https://roscowgo1.smugmug.com/Burgman and this is frannie the burgman. Frannie because she makes a lovely farting noise :D Commutes, cruises, tours, carves. <3