dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#781 Unread post by dr_bar »

jstark47 wrote:
blues2cruise wrote:Now let me see.....who can I hit up to come and help me...... :whistling:
I've heard there are big strong guys in Coquitlam........ :mrgreen:
Well, if she waited for that guy in NJ, she'd still be waiting next spring, what with you riding through the countryside at 40MPH, (Oh I'm sightseeing... lol)

I think that wonderful woman you call your wife would be here and back have Blues' bike fixed make dinner clean windshields, buy a new outfit and still be back before you got out of your county... :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#782 Unread post by jstark47 »

dr_bar wrote:
jstark47 wrote:
blues2cruise wrote:Now let me see.....who can I hit up to come and help me...... :whistling:
I've heard there are big strong guys in Coquitlam........ :mrgreen:
Well, if she waited for that guy in NJ, she'd still be waiting next spring, what with you riding through the countryside at 40MPH, (Oh I'm sightseeing... lol)
I tapped 100 mph going to work yesterday morning..... 'course that was on the V-strom, the speedo is optimistic, probably really 88-90mph.

Still, a lot faster than one can go towing a hay wagon or whatever the heck was following yer bike around........ :clever:
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#783 Unread post by dr_bar »

jstark47 wrote:Still, a lot faster than one can go towing a hay wagon or whatever the heck was following yer bike around........ :clever:
"Hay wagon" only ever made it up to 108 MPH (175 KMPH) Going up the Coquihalla Highway in BC

The Coquihalla Highway climbs through the Great Bear Snow Shed, crests the summit of Coquihalla Pass (elevation 4,068 feet/1240 m), then crosses the top of the Thompson Plateau
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#784 Unread post by blues2cruise »

:laughing:

MZ33
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: fabulous 2008 Kawi Versys

#785 Unread post by MZ33 »

Yeah, Blues, the pillion seat isn't held on by much, but then, it isn't much itself. We keep it on only for decoration, and on the off chance that we may need to go two-up in an emergency.

Of course, it would be wise to actually have practiced pillion before the emergency . . .
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/16jla1l.jpg[/img]

blues2cruise

2 years ago today

#786 Unread post by blues2cruise »

April 21, 2009

It's hard to believe, but it was 2 years ago today that I got hit. I wonder if he ever stops to think how I am doing?

We go to examination for discovery in September. If things don't get resolved then we will have to go to trial next July, 2010.
This is how the insurance company works...even though the other admitted he was at fault, there were witnesses to state it was his fault, the police gave him an at fault and so did the insurance company...
Now the insurance company appointed him a lawyer. :roll: The lawyer is of course trying to prove that I did something wrong.....
They had someone following for a while.....that must have been boring for him......My route to work was through 3 school zones and 3 playground zones.... :laughing: ....and I slow for them all..... :laughing:

Ya'd think that if they were going to hire s omeone to follow me they have had someone who was better at it.....I pegged him the first day.....

I am quite observant when I am driving.....if you want to follow you need to drive like all the other drivers out there...not set yourself apart by doing things like driving with no headlights on a dark rainy morning.
I surprised him that day.....I parked and walked right up the middle of the road and snapped a picture of his van. :laughing: He took off like a rocket.

Anyway......the crash has left me with some residual aching(but bearable) in my right shoulder, extreme intermittent pain in my left hip and a weak achy torso oddly enough right at the point of impact....

I have been going to a therapsit who has been doing some work on my shoulder and it has improved immensely with his help.

The torso has started improving since I started riding again. It is still weak and achy, but I have noticed improvement.

You know what that means, don't you?

It means I better get out riding more. :)

Now if only this darn cold would go away...I have been at home sick in bed for 4 days. Today was the first day I felt like I would live. When I get a cold. it's never just a cold. It's much more serious.

Because of my job situation of having been forced into becoming a "spare" instead of "permanent", I won't get paid for these days off. :cry:
I think I will be able to make it up though when I am better. There always seems to be a need for extra people on the weekends. That will be after I recover, that is.

It's a good thing that all of us employees know how to do our jobs because the new management company doesn't have a clue.

If any one of us were as incompetent as they have shown themselves to be, we would have been fired by now.

So, where was I....2 years ago today I was on my way to meet a group of people to ride to the tulip fields....Perhaps I still may be able to get there this year......

blues2cruise

#787 Unread post by blues2cruise »

April 22, 2009

I spent 4 hours at the hospital today. I was so sick I thought I had pneumonia.....first I took a taxi to the doctor's office, but they would not see me....so I called another taxi to take me to the hospital...They used what is called a nebulizer mask with medication in it to help open my airways and try to get my breathing less shallow and and the chest pains to ease....
They ruled out pneumonia.....instead I have COPD....which is why I get this chronic bronchitis and get so sick...
I have a couple of puffers to use for a couple of weeks and won't go back to work until Monday. That's good in that I get to rest..but it's bad in that I will miss 5 days pay. :cry:

And...just to keep this entry legit for the website......as I was sitting in the cab at a red light, a sport bike pulled up beside us. It was nice to see that both rider and pillion were dressed appropriately.

It cost me $45.00 for taxis today.

I hope to be riding again by next week. My wooziness should be gone by then.
In the meantime...I'll make a cup of tea and finish my book...

noodlenoggin
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
My Motorcycle: 1995 Ford Thunderbird =-(

#788 Unread post by noodlenoggin »

Dang. Feel better, Blues!
1979 XS650F -- "Hi, My name's Nick, and I'm a Motorcyclist. I've been dry for four years." (Everybody: "Hi, Nick.")

MZ33
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: fabulous 2008 Kawi Versys

#789 Unread post by MZ33 »

Do you smoke, Blues? COPD is really rare for a nonsmoker, yet I never got the impression that you smoke.

If you do, the good news is that quitting will do wonders for the COPD over time. Of course, the bad news is that quitting is the best treatment.

In any event, sorry to hear you're so sick. Not being able to breathe well is awful.
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/16jla1l.jpg[/img]

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#790 Unread post by jstark47 »

MZ33 wrote:Do you smoke, Blues? COPD is really rare for a nonsmoker, yet I never got the impression that you smoke.
I wondered about that myself, blues. I know how you feel about smoking and smokers, and with all the hiking and mountain biking, you impressed me as someone in good aerobic condition. Not questioning your diagnosis, it's just odd.

My Dad has COPD, but he smoked a pipe from his early twenties until he was 77. Now at 90 he's paying for it...

Good luck and hope you are feeling better soon.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S