The Blog of Blues

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#771 Unread post by blues2cruise »

JStark, you may officially send me a razzzzzberry. :laughing:

I rode my bike to work yesterday morning. It was a bit chilly, but oh so beeeeyootiful......clear blue sky and sunshine. About 4pm, it started to snow. By 4:30 the pictures are what the situation was. I had to park it in a co-worker's garage and leave it. There was still too much snow this morning to go get it. :roll:

I will get it tomorrow.

I guess I should have bought the snow tread tires. :laughing:

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#772 Unread post by jstark47 »

blues2cruise wrote:JStark, you may officially send me a razzzzzberry. :laughing:
Nah...... it's like shootin' fish in a barrel!!! :whistling:
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

MZ33
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: fabulous 2008 Kawi Versys

#773 Unread post by MZ33 »

So, Blues, catch us (well, me) up a little. Last I knew you were struggling with the graduated return to work. Are you back at it full swing? Or did you find something else?
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/16jla1l.jpg[/img]

blues2cruise

Finally....back in the saddle.....

#774 Unread post by blues2cruise »

It has been a long haul from April 21, 2007 when I got hit by the guy who backed out of the driveway causing me to crash.
After much pain, time, energy and hard work, I have made it back to where I can ride for a day trip. (I only need a few anti-inflammatories to make it through a long day.)
It has been so cold and frosty and wet for long it has been hard to get out and practice. I'm working on my right hand circles.
My right shoulder is still a bit weak and achy, but it has improved so much in the last month I feel encouraged. My torso is still sore and weak from where the impact was, but I think the riding is starting to help. Riding makes me use my core muscles and there is some strength returning to that area since I started riding again.

Saturday March 28, Doc and I did a day trip to Vancouver Island. The weather was forecasted to be good, so I made a plan to go over. I am registered to take the motorcycle instructor course in Victoria at the end of May so I wanted to take my approval letter from ICBC over and find their location in Esuimalt. (next door neighbour to Victoria. Go over the Johnson St. bridge and keep going for little bit)

After dropping off my letter and taking a short hot chocolate break at Timmy's.....we decided on cruising the Malahat to come via Nanaimo.

This picture is from a rest stop about the halfway point between Victoria and Nanaimo.

This was the best day I had experienced in a very long time. I still was smiling the next day.

My new job on the other hand has been exhausting. All the Handy DART(para transit)contractors in the lower mainland have been merged into one big company contracted out to an American company. So far they have proved themselves to be quite incompetent.
All the office personnel have now been moved to a call centre in Cloverdale. It is chaotic. It is too busy. It is exhausting. This whole move by this new company was not well thought out.

I'll get 2 weeks away from it when I go to take my course.

Last Saturday I had another good day. I rode my bike over to my brother's in the morning. He made us breakfast and then we yakked for awhile. I then rode into town and took care of some errands and then once back home my neighbour who is certified massage therapist gave me a 90 minute massage. It was a great day. (I help her out with child care quite often and I won't take money for it...so she repays me with massage.

I worked an overtime shift on Sunday. I rode to work. The day at work went ok and I guess it was made better by having the ride home to look forward to. Once I got home, my friend Doc came by in his new to him vehicle and we went for supper.

I think I will ride on Friday. :D

MZ33
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: fabulous 2008 Kawi Versys

#775 Unread post by MZ33 »

Yay! Glad to hear you're back in the saddle. Damn, that is one pretty little cruiser you have. And you're looking mighty fine yourself, Blues!

Hope you get the motorcycle job. Are you driving at work, or instructing, or are you now on chaotic desk duty?
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/16jla1l.jpg[/img]

sv-wolf
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Honda Fireblade, 2004: Suzuki DR650, 201

#776 Unread post by sv-wolf »

Great news, blues.

Particularly glad to hear that you are still on course for the motorcycle instructor's job.

Good pic, too. Lovely to see you out and about.

Best wishes

Richard
Hud

“Man has no right to kill his brother. It is no excuse that he does so in uniform: he only adds the infamy of servitude to the crime of murder.”
Percy Bysshe Shelley

SV-Wolf's Bike Blog

blues2cruise

#777 Unread post by blues2cruise »

MZ33 wrote:Yay! Glad to hear you're back in the saddle. Damn, that is one pretty little cruiser you have. And you're looking mighty fine yourself, Blues!

Hope you get the motorcycle job. Are you driving at work, or instructing, or are you now on chaotic desk duty?
I am on chaotic desk duty. This new company is so top heavy....there are so many managers and yet they can't get their act together.
I think that every manager should be sent away for a week for some kind of left hand getting to know the right hand training......the rest of all know how to do our jobs. We would function just fine without them. :mrgreen:

I will ride to work tomorrow. :)

blues2cruise

#778 Unread post by blues2cruise »

sv-wolf wrote:Great news, blues.

Particularly glad to hear that you are still on course for the motorcycle instructor's job.

Good pic, too. Lovely to see you out and about.

Best wishes

Richard
Thank you. I had to pay in advance to secure my spot since only 4 can take the course. So...I coughed up $3500. to make sure I got in.

I'll ride in to work tomorrow.

blues2cruise

The pillion seat

#779 Unread post by blues2cruise »

April 13, 2009

Did you know.....that the pillion seat of a V-Star is held on by one bolt and a strap? Doesn't seem very secure.
Tonight I decided the time was right to remove the rack and put back the pillion seat. I want to try taking a passenger one of these days...so I was hoping to get the seat on and find a guinea pig for me to practice with....

So....I unwound the saddlebag lace from the rack and then took off the rack....(It is not an easy chore to lace up those saddlebags and zip tie them so they stay in place)...I relaced the saddlebags....cut some felt for under the saddlebags to rest upon the fender so the paint stays nice....cleaned the dust off the fender....laid the bags over, placed the seat on....then could not loosen the big allen bolts that the strap would secure into. :roll: sigh....nothing ever goes smoothly, does it?

Those bolts would be the same bolts needed to secure the saddlebags.....when I had them laying over the rack, they were up high enough to avoid touching the pipes. I had punched some extra holes into the straps so they could be laced shorter thus sit higher...
However..now that the bags would have been resting atop the fender they hung too low, so I need to bolt them on.
But the bolts are too tight.....aarrggghhh.
So...it now sits seatless, rackless and bagless...until I can get someone with stronger hands to come over and help me.

I'll just use my top bag if I have to carry any cargo.

I also installed signal visors.....
How can something so simple be so difficult? I finally got it done...now I have more chrome to polish......maybe tomroow night.....a friend is coming over to use my computer and printer so I'm thinking while she is here, I will go and wash my bike. I have ridden it in the rain several times lately and it is looking a bit grimy.

Now let me see.....who can I hit up to come and help me...... :whistling:

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#780 Unread post by jstark47 »

blues2cruise wrote:Now let me see.....who can I hit up to come and help me...... :whistling:
I've heard there are big strong guys in Coquitlam........ :mrgreen:
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S