csspostal
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2012/Harley Davidson/ Iron 883 Ember Red

Ding Dong the Bobble head is gone!!

#41 Unread post by csspostal »

And just to make the first week of having my new ride exciting, I almost got taken out of by a freaking turkey.

I was driving down Hwy 2 part way between Newtonville and Port Hope. Was coming down a hill and notice some the old pavement was leading me to some pretty fresh stuff so I touched the breaks ever so slightly incase there was a bump as old and new pavement met. I hear that noise of birds being startled they always seem to use in the movies. I see something out of the corner of my right eye and started to think "WT....F was that." During the .... portion ducked to the right while looking straight ahead . Felt something off my left shoulder and and thought my god that was the fatest pigeon I have ever seen in my life. Went to check my mirror right one good left one 90 degrees out of position. Hopefully just knocked it lose. I tightened it up with wrench when I got home and it seems to be holding so far. Will need a trip on the hiway to make sure it stays put at speed.

Breathed a sigh of relief man almost did it again bought a new bike and almost ate pavement. Man I even got it delivered so I wouldn't have another repeat incident on the way home like I did with ole Bobble head. It sure is nice to have the ability to go up hills. I'm hoping to keep riding until Halloween then put her away for the winter. Looking forward to going on some charity rides next season.

RhadamYgg wrote:I must have a sign on me that says "Never mind, he doesn't need vasoline."

Islesfan91
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

Re: My journey begins on mis Doce. 2008 Honda CBR125R

#42 Unread post by Islesfan91 »

I really like your bike! Good blog as well, lot of fun stories in there and was a good read :)

csspostal
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#43 Unread post by csspostal »

Islesfan91 wrote:I really like your bike! Good blog as well, lot of fun stories in there and was a good read :)
Thank you. She's put away for the winter already :( Wife has me under house arrest for month of November. Baby due end of November.
Hopefully next year we'll have some more stories. The only thing exciting that happened this year was almost getting taken out by a wild turkey on the way home one night.
RhadamYgg wrote:I must have a sign on me that says "Never mind, he doesn't need vasoline."

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#44 Unread post by Wrider »

Haven't heard from ya in a while... Things alright with the kid?
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

csspostal
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#45 Unread post by csspostal »

Wrider wrote:Haven't heard from ya in a while... Things alright with the kid?
Health wise yeah she's been getting her shots but we believe she's cutting teeth just fits of screaming right now and drooling like Niagara Falls. She's about 7 months now.
403517_10150803939517989_1808085084_n.jpg
Met some cool kats off a facebook group HD-ROC Harley Davidson Riders Of Canada & Friends. Someone posts i'm going for a ride anyone want to come and away you go.

Wish I could be riding more but job not so good been real slow lately. Looking for other work and working on a business plan to start my own biz. That and the kids keep you busy.