The Pale Moonlight

Patrick
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: 1998 V-Twin 1500 & 2008 Suski C50T

#101 Unread post by Patrick »

Man I am glad you made it ok and good thinking on the safety.

Patrick
Keep the wheels on the road.

If you want check my blogg at this site.
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=25466&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

IcyHound
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#102 Unread post by IcyHound »

It has been a year since I got my motor cycle license. Last year today I was at the DMV and became a certified motorcycle operator.

I am quite thrilled with that fact. I've done almost 9k miles in the last year.
------------------------
Kawasaki Fangirl
I ride Mantis - Yamaha FZ6

IcyHound
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#103 Unread post by IcyHound »

Illness - You know you don't feel well when the weather is lovely and the thought of taking your bike out makes you ill.

Ahh well. As appealing as a ride is, the coughing, shaking, sneezing, hacking, muscle soreness and dizziness doesn't bode well for the ride.
------------------------
Kawasaki Fangirl

IcyHound
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#104 Unread post by IcyHound »

It makes sense to me to put my bulky package on the back of my bike for the 6 mile trip to the post office then taking my car. I had to return the Alpinestars Ice jacket I got. The cut does not work with my body at all. A really nice jacket as well.

I will be trying to Icon Motorhead jacket next in white and black once New Enough credits me with the money for my return. I'd have returned it last week but thanks to the classes I have been taking my schedule has been all screwed up.

The husband and I had discussed people who can not forsee the future when they drive. I experienced this today with this chickie in a yellow bug. I slipped around and in front of her because a white box truck was moving slowly in my lane. The road only got steeper so the truck was only going to go slower.

She shoots around me and roars up on the tail of the box truck, only to be trapped by traffic. Over the next 4 or 5 miles she does all types of weird maneuvers that only get her pushed further back in traffic. She would see an opening and take it, even thou it was a dead end behind a large truck or a long line of turning cars.

I am still super congested. I can't wait till I can get back out on my bike daily. Right now this on again off again is just making me tired. I don't have that second skin comfort level with my bike yet. I need to oil myself I guess and get the rust off.
------------------------
Kawasaki Fangirl

IcyHound
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#105 Unread post by IcyHound »

I had an in service training class for the last two days. Today, lovely weather that it is I rode to class. During lunch, some woman from another agency comes over and goes 'Ugh I hate sport bikes. They are not real bikes. It's not a Harley. I ride a Harley' and sneered at my helmet. I managed not to go over to her and ask if she 'rode' a Harley WTF was it now?

WTF is wrong with people. I didn't say anything nasty abut Harley's. I don't have a problem with them. I don't like any cruiser and I am not scornful of people who ride them. They are not the bike for me. I don't like BMW and Lincoln's ether. I don't walk up to people and tell them that their bikes or their cars are not real.

I was livid. She then insulted my phone as well. For gods sake. Do you really walk up to someone in a training class and insult the size of their phone? My phone is in a metal case which makes it look bulky since it gets banged around a lot. Why do I care if she thinks it is large or small?

Then to top it off, a ten mile stretch of the highway was covered in sand thanks to a VDOT truck that managed to dump its load everywhere. I got grains of sand in my eyes as they swept up under the edge of my helmet and attempted to blind me at 80mph with no shoulders to get off onto.

The weather was fantastic.
------------------------
Kawasaki Fangirl

IcyHound
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#106 Unread post by IcyHound »

Sunday morning around 0130 I was finally able to slip out of work and go hunt down some food. All I wanted was fruit so I swung by the local 24 hour grocery store. I noticed that there where a few wet spots on my bike, but as I headed to the grocery store I realized it had begun to drizzle.

I wasn't happy. I wasn't expecting rain nor was I wearing anything in anticipation of rain. So low and behold, about an hour after I go back to work it started to downpour. And down pour... and down pour...

At 0700 when I got off work it was still raining. Weather.com said it was cloudy and wouldn't rain till the afternoon. Uh huh... I hoped that perhaps I was insane and the rain would go away.

Heh.
Wishes.

I waited for an hour and chatted with a few co-workers from day shift that I like. I probaly irritated the ones I do not like. I don't really care. However, the rain had not let up after an hour. My co-workers all suggested that I get a ride home but I told them I didn't want to leave my bike at work. Our lot is secure, but I don't like leaving my stuff. I also found myself becoming ornery because everyone was suggesting that I get a ride. My answer was the same to each person that said I'd get wet. "I'm waterproof."

So eventually I saddled up and headed home. It was very wet and pretty cold. Water poured into my lap. I had found a plastic bag to wrap my backpack up in fortunately. My new textile jacket, while very nice has zero water resistance. So I was a sopping wet mess by the time I got home.

I was taking it easy but I didn't take it easy enough. I braked with front and back to a stop sign and immediately lost my rear wheel. I was like 'wow this sucks' as I rode it out and slid to a stop in the middle of the intersection. Fortunately it was the one at work and its a county facility so no other traffic was around.

So I was even more careful then careful after that. I got home without an incident. I was pretty freaking wet and cold but the ride was not bad. If it had not been cold I would not have been uncomfortable in the least bit.
------------------------
Kawasaki Fangirl

IcyHound
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#107 Unread post by IcyHound »

I made a nice little trip (by cage) into MD today to get my beef order.

Hitting some of the roads makes me put them in a little mental spot to remember for when Nalian comes down this summer. We have so many roads to take. Some are popular, some are not. All of them twist and wind through the Appalachian mountains. We have MD, WV, and VA to ride through.

I am very excited about this. There are tiny toys with ancient cobble streets and mountain roads that drift past incredible vistas and sprawling farms. There are roads that run alongside the Potomac river...

I'm excited!
------------------------
Kawasaki Fangirl

IcyHound
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#108 Unread post by IcyHound »

The little things thrillt eh soul.

I saw a guy on a cruiser today in full gear. Full face helmet, over pants, motocycle boots, gloves, leather jacket.

I was floored. I wanted to jump out of the car and run over and hug him.

That is the second fully equipped cruiser rider I have seen around here and the third with a full face helmet.
------------------------
Kawasaki Fangirl

IcyHound
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#109 Unread post by IcyHound »

Ecstasy is riding my motorcycle. As I zipped along at 70 something mph and slid past cars who's drivers are locked to their steering wheel I was thrilled. There is something incredibly sensual about a motorcycle. Something that turns a ride into more then a trip from point A to point B. At this time, and this moment, I am riding my motorcycle, doing something I have always wanted to do, and I have been transformed from who I am to what I am.

I find it to be incredible.

On a more normal note, I expected to be stopped by the police today. I was zipping to the gas station to see if they had any Honey Nut Cheerios. As I approached an intersection a cop passed me on the other way. He made a u-turn and came up behind me and stayed behind me. Since I work for the police department (county, this was a city guy) I know how they think. I guess a motorcyclist at 0130 was interesting.

However, when the second car pulled up along side me I expected to be stopped. Why? I don't know. I was not doing anything and my vehicle is valid, legal, registered, and unaltered from its natural state in a manor that may get me stopped.

We drove along like that until the next intersection. Then they both went around me and turned off. After they ran my valid and legal bike added to my lack of speeding they did not have enough cause to pull me over.

I did figure out how to reset my clock, finally.

Also, I had an interesting time on the radio tonight. One of the town officers (for another town) had a subject that I felt was wanted. The responses I got from the national and state systems where to close to the guy they had. His name was almost the same and the birth date year was off by one year. Plus the warrants where out of the city they where in (small town). On top of that, a license returned for the guy that was wanted and not for the person they are out with. Most people have divers licenses and its odd when they do not.

Turns out he was wanted, but he was trying to lie. The officer didn't get the hint the first time I talked to her so I pushed and prodded till she got a clue. I was quite thrilled with myself. I always enjoy being one of the pivotal people in arrests.
------------------------
Kawasaki Fangirl

IcyHound
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#110 Unread post by IcyHound »

I think it qualifies as a win.

I got one of my first lovely weather daylight spring rides. I trundled to the grocery store. Since it is always a nice ride I enjoyed it. Of course the sky then begins to rumble and grumble.

Poor me.

That meant that I broke with 100mph number today for the first time.

Yes I am a horrible person. However, zipping up the mountain at 100mph was quite fantastic. The cars that I had been zonking along with at 65 where a bit startled when I opened him up and took off as the droplets started to splatter against my helmet and lightning illuminated the horizon.

It was the lightning, not the rain, that made me decide that quicker was better today.
------------------------
Kawasaki Fangirl