Bike Songs and Vaucuous Lunatics

The549
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male

#41 Unread post by The549 »

March 7th:
After work and school I drive over to the garage below Ryan and Gina's house, and dismantle a few more things. I get the clutch plates off. Brake levers off....bought a few parts to fix the wobble and none work. Buy metal to make a clutch removal tool.

Talked to Gina alone for a while till Ryan came home, and we all got drunk watching TV. I got really really drunk, apparently. I ended up sleeping at home, just like normal. :|

The549
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#42 Unread post by The549 »

March 08, 2007. It's yesterday, according to myself right now. Yesterday, I got off class and rode my bicycle to the garage, and used my newly made clutch removal tool to try and remove the clutch nut. No luck. The valve covers were also not coming off. Called my Boss, and we formulated a plan of attack to happen today, March 09th. I have a band practice and him a family (I win 8)), so hopefully we can fit it in.

What is happening? I want some rum.

The549
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#43 Unread post by The549 »

Wow, it's been WAY TOO long since I've ridden! But it's gonna come together today! I haven't been drinking! I haven't been sleeping....

Today, today, we'll get the valve covers off, the clutch nut off, some other random bits fixed, and then I'm riding off into the sunset.

Or driving back to my apartment.... :x

The549
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#44 Unread post by The549 »

Welll...I got the valve cover off, and the clutch nut off. The clutch is fine, and I now know how to check my valves. My chain tension is fine, so the clunking must be coming from the gearbox. I don't know if I want to try and split the gear box to find out....my friend who's helping me tells me that it's fine.

Also since I used RTV as a temporary gasket, I have to wait a day to start it up, so I hope, hope, hope, hope that everything will work again when I put it back together. That should happen Sunday.

The549
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#45 Unread post by The549 »

It works!!! It's now a BIT better than it was, because I reassembled the cam chain tensioner a bit better than it was, but unfortunately it'll leak until I get a proper gasket.

In other news I heard a Ducati Monster today - I think it had after market pipes. HOLY 5HIT!!!!! That sound demolished any Harley I've ever heard! My God, that was impressive.

Ok, one last thing. I apparently lost my brake lever screw, so no front brake. I think I can make it home without it...but hopefully I'll just find it.

The549
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#46 Unread post by The549 »

So right now, the bike is propped up in my friend's garage without the front wheel on. The shocks blew and I don't even know if I have the money to fix it, or to put the money in my car to run around and get a few parts for it....hmmm.

I hope it doens't fall over while I'm back here at home.

Also, I noticed it was having a hard time idling and seemed to be running rich....so I took out the airbox and am running it without.

I've decided I need to refocus on school, so the moto is on "simmer" right now, but I'll put up some pics of it soon!

The549
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#47 Unread post by The549 »

Ok, so here are some after-the-fact photos:

here is where I am working:

Here is what a self photo looks like on an asian day. I'm here solo, as always.

disk brakes are dangling (I KNOW I'm gonna have a hard time getting them back on...)

I was cheap...

but I'm in my element at least:

they work together...here's a rear brake lock:

and here it is:

taking the shocks for a spin around town - to find sandpaper

how to burn off stubborn fuel lines.

and fix parts that annoy or confuse

All with the help of some of the most important tools:

The549
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#48 Unread post by The549 »

WOW, bikebandit says that the order has been delivered (apt office) already! If I can get them to open the office tomorrow, I can have everything put together....a lonely night tonight could have been avoided.

Alcohol is far from being a depressant for me. God I hope when I put the seals together again it actually works...pray.

The549
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#49 Unread post by The549 »

So I got everthing put back together. Found out that 20 weight oil is actually very...heavy. My shocks are really stiff and I'm probably going to swap that out for 15.

Excited to be (once....again....) I rode it around some roads in the middle of nowhere at 1am, enjoying the desolate night. As my mind wandered, I started to wonder when the thing would break down again. Hmmm. What will it be?
The answer came in form of me twisting the throttle, I think a common answer for a confusing subject among our motorcycle brothers. Except the thing bogged badly, and, a few seconds after that, would only run when at about an idle rpm.

So I idled it as far as I could, which ended up being an intersection in the middle of nowhere, slightly better than nothing in the middle of nowhere. The bike shut off. I think I was out of gas.

Anyways, 40 minutes later, my friend (who was having a bad night previously) was pouring gas into my tank, and I had him sit on it. He was urging me to let him ride it, and the short of it was - I let him. I was freaked out. I knew the negative probabilities were scary, no matter what I told him. I didn't tell him enough, and he didn't listen to me, anyway. I tried to make him repeat after me "to stop, grab the two front levers". He wouldn't say it. How are you supposed to teach lead singers of punk rock bands this kind of stuff anyway?

Anyway, he of course gives it a good amount of throttle, lets the clutch out too quickly, and wobbles/jerks badly, which made me think he was going to crash. There goes my bike, and my night. Somehow...he didn't, and soon disappeared into the night, along the long straight road ahead. The road was completely empty, and there was hundreds of feet of flat on either side. It would be near impossible to die, but of course he could get hurt easily. That's what I told him anyway.

After taking his time to turn around and come back, he finally gets back and stops in front of me - 5mph......3mph......1mph.....stop......leeeeaaaaaannnnnnn......ohhhhhhmanit'sgoingovershit!
I shouted "engine kill! engine kill!" - and turned off the engine as he was unsuccessfully struggling to keep it up. It ended up laying down nice and slow like it was done on purpose. Right. Picked it up, and rode home. It was 3AM, and I ate a burrito.

He now requires a motorcycle. It was wrong, unsafe, incorrect, irresponsible, improbable, but now we are one more. 8)

Apollofrost
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#50 Unread post by Apollofrost »

The549 wrote: He now requires a motorcycle. It was wrong, unsafe, incorrect, irresponsible, improbable, but now we are one more. 8)
Priceless
I'm starting a petition to cull narrowminded dull people - be afraid Peter, be very afraid....
-Anonymous