Bike Songs and Vaucuous Lunatics

The549
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male

#31 Unread post by The549 »

March 1st (the next day): I get up with a bottle of wine. No, I don't whine about life. Neither is wine my life. I love life. I hate loving hating life. Am I destined to always be this way? Can I believe destiny away (believing freedom)?
...so far so good.

I can seem reckless at times but I'm really not, what I am afraid of is the cam chain skipping a tooth, so I wretchedly, OH LORD WRETCHEDLY drive to work after missing class.

The549
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#32 Unread post by The549 »

To add ugliness to injury, yes, it was cheap wine. And it was left open overnight. What can I say, I sorta passed out without thinking about it.

The549
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#33 Unread post by The549 »

March 1st: It's still today. Today, I'm gonna fix my bike. I have to. It's all I can think about. I am almost positive it's the cam chain that's making a sound, and I heard tell that the kawi tensioners can sieze up easily.

So later on I ride very carefully to my friend's house, where he kindly lets me use his garage. His wife knows about it now. This friend is in my 3 piece band and we currently play shows around our area. Yes, this is part of the set up.

I hope this won't be a long post...

I take off the tensioner (having used my excellent skillzzzzz to quickly remove the ....the............the throttle cable! (hahaha :twisted: ) and the carburetors. The thing is freakin' siezed, but I fix it but turning the screw resetter a few times. But maybe a few times too many? The thing crumpled in my hands after I turned it once more, and I was left with a sad, lifeless, limp piece of floppery.

I disassembled it (let pieces of it fall out onto the floor) and reassmble it - a few times - until I get it right. The manual says you can't fix it if it's broken. I JUST FIXED IT. I think. I installed it and it did what it was supposed to - shunk closed, releasing spring tension.

And then my bandmate's wife came home, and we had a cigarette. Her name shall be Gina. We talked about some serious issues, mainly about my past and problems I've had in relationships. Problems with people being abused and how that affects a person's life. Who feels like buying a 2002 Honda CBR with a few scratches on it ("but it's been fixed" - and you sure didn't see them when you bought it)?

I told her that it was so weird that I buy a motorcycle and want to ride it to Canada, Colorado, Maine, and Texas but I have a problem mingling at the bar 2 miles away, where Ryan, her husband, told us he'd be watching a show. I was drinking cheap Canadian whiskey in Nevada flat coke.
"Cmon, let's go the the show, I'll pay for your ticket and buy you some drinks" she told me, in that 'answered' sort of way.

The549
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#34 Unread post by The549 »

March 1st: It's still today:

On our way to the bar show, we stopped for gas...and I have to rant this frame of frame to you, that I did to her. Indent please:

===Gas prices===, we all deal with them, we all see them change, and some of us even complain about it. Which to me, is like complaining about the weather. How many of us can change gas prices? Gas prices rise and fall like the sun (yes, it will rise again...), and to complain about it is useless. Much like it is useless to avoid paying for gas.

For example, in a trip down to LA one time, I did a fill-up at a gas station that was 30 cents more expensive than in the nearest big city. THIRTY cents, my God! Yet I wonder - how many times do I drive 500 miles in a day, through a place like this where I can't easily find a cheap station? Almost never. The $3 extra it took to fill up (this was pre-motorcycle) will not affect my long term being. I don't commute everyday, which can justify picking the cheapest station, but a one time charge like that is not a life altering event.

Because really, to constantly drive your tank on half full is pointless. It does not save money. I understand what it is like to literally not have the money to buy a full tank. But don't tell me that you're getting better gas mileage on an empty or half-full tank, because that weight is negligible for almost all vehicles.

Here is the real way to save money on gas, but there's a prerequisite:
Make sure you first aqcuire your vehicle with a full tank

Because when you sell it (4 years later?), sell it with an empty tank. Now, how much would it cost to fill it up? THAT is how much you saved, REGARDLESS of whether or not you just spend 4 years with a FULL or an EMPTY tank. It took years, but damnit you got a free tank. Buy it full, sell it empty, save.

After that I told her my car had been on empty for the past week. Hell, I hadn't been needing my car, but. :)
Last edited by The549 on Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The549
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#35 Unread post by The549 »

March first, it's still today:

The first thing we noticed in the bar was Ryan, Gina's wife, talking to some punk rock girl. "Don't bother him; let him work his magic" says Gina.
"Give me a break" I told her, seriously.

The first band....the first band was a rockibilly punk band with a girl bass player. I suppose I should say a woman. And one who I had been previously smitten with....even after learning that she had a small child with the singer. It's not like that's been the first time :roll: but so far we had this great relationship of looking at each other, and...uh, that's about it. Although I did learn her name at a previous show. She's beautiful.

SO, after watching the band I walk back to my "date" - my good friend and bandmate's wife, who basically lets me into all the problems of their marriage. Things that shouldn't have happened, that are wrong. On his part. I give her a hug and talk about everything I know from my young years of living, and am honest about everything with her. She's undone inside. I think a lot of us know what it's like to want to help a person so badly while knowing that you can't, so I kept talkingto her telling her anything I knew that would help. I didn't suggest for her to buy a motorcycle, but I thought about it. :? I told her i was a motorcycle. I'm a motorcycle.

I kept drinking.

Anyways, after some bathrooms trips and cigarettes, who had come into the room? It was her! The bass player...I shall call her Kate. I told her a few things in passing, namely that she was beautiful and that I loved her for playing bass without a plectrum. Yeah, it was deftly done in less of a manner as an official statement...but we got to talking!

(for those who don't know me, I am so far from a playa you can't even begin to know, yes I have friends, and yes I talk to girls, but it's always just as that...friends. Who may eventually stop talking to me because they realize I'm really wierd.)

Yes, I talked to her about some normal things, kinda. I was enthralled to be talking to her, but genuinely interested to be talking to her. I realized later that she probably was kinda tipsy. I think I was beyond that. But she must have been to be able to find me that interesting.
Anyways.... :?

Ok guys and gals, I just realized that other humans are reading this, so I'll spare my ridiculousness on that subject and in fact, sum up this entire subject with BULLETS!

-Motorcycle is apart
-Went to show with bandmate's wife, talked to her a lot (and he sees us of course)
-Talked to...Kate.... :)
-Gina drives me home, and I remain mum about leaving my car/bike keys at her garage.
-I needed to be at work early the next morning.
-After I got home I counseled my roomate on an engagement of a close friend of his....she's having doubts. :frusty:

I think some people are married to the wrong person. Many are married to the right person. Some are to ideas, some are to religions. I just don't want to be. I'm sorry guys, I've seen great marriages, but for my life, I don't think it could happen. And I've thought it would before.

The549
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#36 Unread post by The549 »

March second....I wake up early. Early enough so that I spring out of bed (it's easier with only 5 hours of sleep for some reason) like a chicken and get my things ready for a ride over to Ryan and Gina's house. My car and moto keys are over there, and I need to get to work. I rode over with a few tools I thought I might need. I wanted to ride to work.

I got there, unlocked the garage, and quickly began assembling the carburetors, throttle cables (throttle cables....), airbox, connections, etc. I finally got the last screw on the gas tank at 7:45am. Completed!! Work in 15 minutes. Work is 15 minutes away...

I grabbed the handle bars to back the thing out of the garage...and something was wrong. The throttle wouldn't move. I frantically checked all the connections, everything. The slider wasn't sliding...nothing worked; it was like everything was seized up. I instantly want to dismantle everything to put it back together correctly, but end up riding back to my house, pissed. But with keys. I drove to work. In my car. :x

What the hell is wrong with this thing?

The549
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#37 Unread post by The549 »

March second, still:

After work and class I had a band practice, after which I learned from our other member something very bad about Ryan and Gina; something that Gina doesn't know. And should not, under any circumstances, be told.

I get back to the bike and dissasembled everything. Found out it was a screw for a c-clamp that was blocking the throttle from opening. I didn't have to even take off the seat to adjust it. Of course, I found that out after I had everything apart.

After I had fixed my motorcycle, Gina came home and invited my to go out to the bar with Ryan. I end up going, and to put a very long story short, let her know what I had learned from our other band member regarding her husband. She kinda went nuts. Understandably. :| I know what it is from the guys....never betray your friends. Buy em guns and drink together...etc etc. Yeah I know that. But there is a right and a wrong, and a value of life that is assigned to people because it's deserving in their being. We're mature people. We're intelligent people. And that's what I choose. Getting my little toe stepped on is nothing compared to what two people are going through right now, and what they have still to go through. "What's right" can only happen through having "what's been" understood, and beyond that the right decision may not always be the easiest initial decision. All I am is a small bit of information.

I ran back to their place (where my car and moto was), drunk - beyond drunk - and was mumbling to myself "have to get out of there! I have to get it out of there!" I lumbered back to their place in 15 minutes, got in my car and drove the short distance home. :|

As I was driving, I was shouting to myself (monotonous shouting): "STOP SIGN AHEAD. MAKE SURE YOU F***ING STOP YOU DRUNK IDIOT. DON'T GO OVER THE DAMN SPEED LIMIT. TWENTY FIVE. TWENTY-F***ING FIVE."

So it goes. I went home, got there without a hitch.

-My bike; it's still at their place... :evil:

The549
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#38 Unread post by The549 »

Saturday, March 3rd.

It all comes out. Gina wanted me to unload on him. I uncomfortably stood in their house (above my motorcycle) telling them that I was planning on talking to him, but that I needed to do so alone.
I told Ryan everything about their relationship problems that Gina had told me, and found out that there were two very complex and very different worlds that had been disclosed to me. What the hell is going on with them? What's happening to me in the middle? Who will be pissed off at whom? I already knew what I was going to do - that is, tell everything truthfully without any possibility of getting upset and without worry of hurting someone or upsetting them. Truth needed to happen between them, and although I couldn't fix anything, I had learned something that would have made me sick to think that Gina wouldn't know.

I am a lonely person all by myself....during this whole drama I am much the same, only with hopes in life greatly reduced. AlsoI started my bike up and drove it home, and it made a whole new grinding sound. And it still clunks. And now I know I can't ride it.
On a different note, never have I thought about divorcing my bike, I'm gonna fix. I've just been having episodes that have been making me go crazy in the process.

The549
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#39 Unread post by The549 »

March 3rd:
I'm gonna take off the valve covers and manually feel for cam chain tension, and after that I'm spamming the forums if I need help! :twisted: It should be pretty obvious what I'm gonna have to do unfortunately, if the chain is worn too loose. I'm actually looking forward to splitting the case...which I know will drive me mad and possibly not even work. I can only imagine what it would be like to start the thing after days of work just to realize that I put in a piece wrong and will have to take every last nut and dick off the thing again.

The549
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#40 Unread post by The549 »

March 6:
I miss riding. My boss thinks that it could still be the clutch basket, which is a bit loose (however the inside gear is very tight). Need to dismantle clutch again...this time I need to get the clutch nut off.

I ride the thing over and take some parts off, just to get it ready for the process. I leave it there and go home.