Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: 1997 kawasaki vn1500 d2 classic

#61 Unread post by aw58 »

He'll square up Monday.

And hey the ride home was fun.

Ade
If you can see the tops of the mountain's it's going to rain.
If you can't - it's raining.
All Characters and events here are allegedly fictitious...Any resemblance with either dead or living is purely co-incidental
And don't ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly

aw58

#62 Unread post by aw58 »

Sat. 29th

Out early this morning.
Down to mot station to see if the V&H will pass.
A family saloon almost got me but pulled back in time as she saw/heard me passing on a dual carriageway. Reach M4 and head west. Up to 90 and power past all but a Puegot. Pull off at next junction and through the town at 30. Plan is to arrive at MOT at low revs. They still heard me and it was a put the stock set back on first. Next stop Bridgend.
Wife is calling need to go. fill in the rest later

speak soon
Ade
All Characters and events here are allegedly fictitious...Any resemblance with either dead or living is purely co-incidental

aw58

#63 Unread post by aw58 »

Sorry brunch.

On to Bridgend to pick up some bits from JT's

New plugs and new exhaust seals for the change to the stock system in the morning. Book an MOT for wednesday- gives me a few days to sort any issues. The ride home ok - single carriageways are far more interesting and throwing the vn in and out of roundabouts makes a change. Arrive back at the Sea front as what appears to be a number of the Chopper club of Wales are leaving (they were coming into town earlier as I was leaving). We nod acknowledgements.

I must take the VN out for other rides (not just the big commute) more often.

Well a bottle of Red is beckoning.

ADE

aw58

#64 Unread post by aw58 »

Sunday
Strip off the Vance and Hines and refitt the stocks bought on ebay.
Bloody hell, they are in one piece and heavy. Get them on.

Silencers blowing and seal with gun gum..

From tiger's roar to pussycat's meow.

Monday.

Peeing down. The journey in is wet, quiet and a little nervy as I am aware that if I am not seen I will not have been heard. I can hear every clatter in the motor. No one seems to notice me as I pass - I feel I don't exist.
As I arrive in Bristol hit a patch of diesel on a roundabout - fight with the VN to keep her up and just manage to miss the as I come out of the roundabout (the foot boards are above the kerb - front tyre is almost skimming it. Well that tested the stents.
journey home dark and equally mundane.
Hope she passes the mot and I can refit the V&H.

not quite on (v&H)on wall

twin horse power

Ade

aw58

#65 Unread post by aw58 »

Tuesday
Forgot - collegue squared up yesterday.

quiet journey in (sound wise). Traffic jams up around Coryton and use left lane after as right seems slower. Mistake.
right begins to move quicker after I 'm committed. Manage to pass several lorries between them and central reservation - travelling on around 10 inches of tarmac between the edge white line and the gravel.
I just hate looking at the address on the back of a trailer. Traffic opens out after Cardiff Gate and back up to 80. Pass a neighbour just before the Bridge ( he arranged our Will - cheerful soul - runs a CX500 but in a Ford today).

Home run pleasent. Whole day overcast but not too cold. A reasonable 80 cruise most of the way. Pass a Peugot around Pencoed and get a nice smile from a rather nice looking brunette.
Well it cheers up an old soul.

Ade

aw58

#66 Unread post by aw58 »

Worked local today around 18 miles round trip.

Took the VN for the MOT

First thing checked failed - Number plate did not have BS ref on - new law as of 1st Oct. 07- Continued with test and purchased new plate - JT's bought in and fitted - MOT certificate issued.
23000 miles since last certificate. Will replace the V&H on weekend and have the stocks braised (for next year) as currently held together with gun gum.

Yipee............

on the right on the wall,above the extinguisher, is the new mot regulation (cost of plate £14)

awaiting the new plate

Ade.

aw58

#67 Unread post by aw58 »

Well the stocks remained on for the rest of the week.

Just before Coryton Black Ninja howls past on my inside, I',m doing 80. Waves exchanged. By Newport the jostling starts and cars pass me at 90 plus but as the traffic temporarily slows I pass through - this continues to the bridge.
Powering towards Almondsbury and I pass between two cars - a blast from someone's horn, inaudibly I mouth anglo saxon.
The last days are sunny but cold on the knees at 80 plus - wearing chinos and something tiny hits one knee and stings.
The journey's home are in near darkness, I chat for a minute to the lady on the tolls.
Sunday
Strip off the stocks and refitt the V&H. Wash, polish, wax and then ACF50 much bike - don't think there's too many sunny days left.

Sunset before a new week

Take care all

Ade

aw58

#68 Unread post by aw58 »

Monday and Tuesday had a meeting in Bromley Kent - Took the Saab.
Up at 3.45 in Bromley by 10 am , after picking up a colleague in Cinderford. Early night - 23.30 hrs
Left Bromley around 14.30 hrs went via Chislehurst - picked up a V Star style horn for the VN - home in 4 hrs - M25 pretty good.
Hope to fit the horn tomorrow - More chrome to corrode.
Feeling pretty knackered but looking forward to being back on the VN.

Ade

aw58

#69 Unread post by aw58 »

Sunny day to start the VN takes a few minutes to start having not been run for a few days. Bursts into life with a minor explosion in the exhaust from unburnt fuel.
Out on the motorway and the roar is pleasing to the ear. Once again my fellow travellers know I am there. Overcast around Cardiff but the sun breaks through as I approach Newport.

The run between High Cross and the Coldra is like being with a woman. Hugging the curves and enjoying their familiarity and then plunging into the tunnel (at Brynglas),the combination of which creates a frenzied howl.
Exiting is no anti climax as once more I hug those familiar curves as I climb away from the tunnel.

As I approach Magor, the VN splutters as she needs reserve (early) but slowing sufficiently (and poping) prior to the Police presence above the motorway(someone is looking after me). Pass beneath at regulation speed. Approaching the bridge, both a police car and bike are parked on the side of the approach. Once across the bridge further presence at the exit after the bridge. Must need the revenue, but fortuneatly I do not attract them.

The home run - refuel- averaged around 41 mpg. Sun has gone down and riding in twilight. Flash - am photographed by a bus load of school girls that I pass crossing the bridge - I suspect some dissappointment when the prints return and they realise that the rider is probably old enough to be their grandfather.

Almost home, and I pull in to purchase a lottery ticket. As I park I hear a comment from a group of girls " it's huge". Sadly its the VN they speak of.

Well an amusing day. Hope the weather stays like this.

Ade

aw58

#70 Unread post by aw58 »

The rest of the week has gone by.

Thursday - Fog most of the way in - still managed 80 across the Severn although I couldn't see it. Clear around Almondsbury and through at a clean 70. Knees still suffering.
Friday - visit one of our sites en route. Later travel into Bristol different vehicles easier run. Power on into England and through the Almondsbury interchange - join M5, checking over shoulder , BMW in mirror , go for the gap and accelerate past car transporter ahead of me, BMW is closing, keep the fuel on passed the transporter around 2'6" to my left and change up to top (4th at 80), BE EM dropping back. Well that gets the adrenaline going.
Must ease up on the fuel doing between 38 and 40 mpg and at near £4.50 a gallon that smarts. But perhaps not yet.
Fitted the chrome star horn on weekend (hope it doesn't vibrate off).

Back in work Tuesday.

ADE