Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: 1997 kawasaki vn1500 d2 classic

#141 Unread post by aw58 »

"thou shalt not bonk your neighbours wife"

Stump - Charlton Heston

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXB16Xllx18

Will write soon....
If you can see the tops of the mountain's it's going to rain.
If you can't - it's raining.
All Characters and events here are allegedly fictitious...Any resemblance with either dead or living is purely co-incidental
And don't ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly

aw58

#142 Unread post by aw58 »

Time flies when your having fun.

August and I broke down at South Hook. VN wiring harness giving problems under the seat.. RAC salvaged the day and 2 hrs later I'm on my way home..

September and the rain has passed and Summer begins - well it s sunny, coldish and dry, the journey home also begins to get dark as night draws in and "stars shine like eyes". The VN also fails the MOT - Vance and Hines shot - refitt the stocks. Few minor issues but one rear shock is leaking - wondered why the arse-end was bouncing round like Beyonce's. Around £450 later including 2 new Dunlops and a set of Hagon stainless fully shrouded shocks and we are back in the running.

An old friend has been visiting lately - Ann (Gina), and add to that I have calcific tendonitis in the rotator cuff -possible caused by long hours with arms in one position - riding.

At the moment the VN has failed to start and I await the RAC. Need a new ignition switch. Clutch may last for another month and also wish a set of Silvertails. Apart from that well life's just dandy.

I let you know how long I've had to wait...... been waiting an hour plus and just got a call it's going to be another hour..

Ade
All Characters and events here are allegedly fictitious...Any resemblance with either dead or living is purely co-incidental

crazypj
Elite
Elite

#143 Unread post by crazypj »

Hi Galen,
Been quite a while since I logged in here.
Phil George sent me message on facebook about Mike Davis
Do you know what happened?

PJ
I'm not a complete idiot, but I'm working on it
There are three types of people in the world, those who can count and those who can't

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#144 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Well, it's been raining here as much as it rains there.

By the time you get done with all the repairs on your bike, it will be like a new one.

aw58

#145 Unread post by aw58 »

Sorry PJ spoke to John Hopkins and he only knows what your brother told him. But his cremation was the day after your posting.

Stars shine like eyes - Black Sabbath - Planet Caravan. - Album Paranoid
I have an original LP (my first).

The RAC subbie broke the clutch lever when loading the VN on the trailer and got home at 1 am.

Order parts new ignition switch and lever. (Father in law passed away on 31/10/09).

VN back on the road 24th Nov - the run home blowing a gale. Really hard to keep her straight like riding on a storm. Reach St Clears and "there's a killer on the road", not that they know they are.
Traffic stops and I filter through to a point were I park alongside a 4x4. Road closed for about half an hour as a horse is put down that has bolted and been run down on the dual carriageway just outside Carmarthen. Offered by the 2 women in the 4 x 4 to get in out of the rain. Decline sat with the VN - could have been turned into a sex slave - not. :laughing:
Eventually get home wet and tired from battling gales.
Use the car through the rest of week as floods everywhere.
30/11/09
Cold and its mid morning. The home run is awful. 2 young girls run across the road in front of me at traffic lights in Haverfordwest, narrowly avoided them. 2 miles on a Focus pulls out in front of me on roundabout.
The remainder of the journey I am left shaking with the cold - must upgrade to winter linings.
take the car on 1/12/09. Arrive home the VN has moved. Check it out - can't see anything too suspicous but he mirror is out of kelter.
Speak to the wife and she tells me a neighbour had knocked it over.
Close inspection and the frame looks twisted as back wheel is not central.
See the neighbour and arrangements will be made for insurance inspection - this is a disaster having just had 2 new tyres, new shocks and new ignition switch and I think the value will be around £1200 as a write off.
So in answer to your comment Blues - It may end up a new bike......

Ade

aw58

#146 Unread post by aw58 »

"there's a killer on the road" - Riders on the Storm - the doors

Been having problems with the connection to TM.

Vn taken into the local dealer for assessment.

Loaned a CBF 600 by the insurance company- awful bike - not a patch on the bandit I had in 2008 - that was sex on wheels. CBF is more Monastic.

Drop it 2nd night on turning - a few scuffs literally stationery- at least I protected the excess.

Christmas Eve and Cardiff to pick up last minute things. CBF holds up 1 3/4 minute in minus something with visor up thought my eyballs would freeze.
New year - let off some flying lanterns.

Snow forecasted - use the CBF (park the SAAB up). Reach Cross Hands and on que (by Accuweather) the sky turns white and it starts to snow. By Carmarthen I'm having to wipe the visor regular. St Clears and the outside lane is diminishing. Whitland and the flakes have become snow balls - Llandewi Ffelfre and the tracks from the car ahead dissappear.

Just prior to Penblewin I have to pull in. Park up for 2 hours whilst it snows. Phone the wife and think "if I were with you I'd be home and dry".
Eventually get to work and leave the CBF and take the train home.

3 days later take the train to Milford Haven and ride the CBF home that evening. Ride slow initially as lack of salt on roads and can't tell if wet or black ice. Finally confidence back and up to 50 and then 80 on Mway.
With visor up and minus 10 i arrive home with bloodshot eyes and a face like a botox addict.
The VN is back and I now readjust to the riding position.

Will update soon.

Does anyone guess the lyrics.

phil frog
Rookie
Rookie

#147 Unread post by phil frog »

good to see you ade :D

aw58

Re: The Daily Grind

#148 Unread post by aw58 »

if i were with you I'd be home and dry If - Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother

As usual time marches on - The VN is off the road at the moment but have enjoyed the ride through winter. Speedo doesn't work but have been calculating speed by counting one one thousand between known points.
Riding near Carmarthen and I note a group of police who begin running towards parked police cars - bugger. Then note they running between police cars - fitness training. I had visions of a new regime of sitting on the side of the road in arm chairs and having to run to their cars parked some way away when someone speeds past - scramble like- I wish.
Almost lose the VN near Tiers Cross when I hit a patch of muck on the road near the quarries. Don't like fighting with her to keep her level.
Have just had new exhausts made in stainless -nice, plus a rack - removed rear seat, however electrical problem has disabled the vn. Joined the VRA (Vulcan Riders Association) and will catch up with old friends from my younger days soon, although as I'm older I do feel "shorter of breath and one day closer to death".

Picis.

kathleenp980
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#149 Unread post by kathleenp980 »

Let me know when you get them posted. Am quite interested. Sainsbury's would be a dish?

Also interested in what you have to say about Diesel. I got to follow one while riding today.

aw58

#150 Unread post by aw58 »

"shorter of breath and one day closer to death". Pink Floyd.

Sorry been absent for 2 yrs..... Have ridden the VN less - operation on shoulder put me out of action for 2 months and then have shared transport so only using the VN once a week but the miles still creep up. Nov 14 2011 travelling around 80 - 85 on motorway cold but clear - nice - spot what I thought was a sheet of plastic coming across the carriageway. No it was a set of Aluminium ladders of a van..Memory of a friend relating hitting a fox on his Daytona in 76 flashes through my mind.... hold the VN at speed and straight .... braced and hit the ladders side on. VN in the air as the ladders clatter underneath... out of saddle.... wheels back on Terra Firma and back in saddle. Appears to be no damage. The last year had also seen off 5 ignition switches (water and snow ingress) and a rectifier. The VN has around 95000 miles on her but earlier this month overheated and blown head gasket on rear cylinder. This is a self repair and will enlist my sons to help (eldest 13) will also look to restore may "paint it black" when finished. In the meantime need a replacement bike. Considering a HD 883 iron - any comments on the performance or first hand experience would be appreciated.