The ramblings of mgdavis

mgdavis
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Male

#131 Unread post by mgdavis »

Went for a 345 mile ride around the Olympic peninsula today. The Strom did great. The blog post is up at the other place.
'07 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject.
Molon Labe!!!

mgdavis
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#132 Unread post by mgdavis »

I got a package in the mail today, one that I've been anticipating for a while. On the 21st of February I ordered a TMW t-shirt, which finally showed up today, the 11th of March. The packaging looked like it went to Hell and back, that probably explains the longish wait. (What's the shipping time to Hell?) At any rate, the shirt wasn't damaged, and it looks great. I'll see if I can snap a couple pictures of it soon. Mike also threw a couple TMW stickers in the envelope, so I might have to clean the mud off the back of my bike so I can stick one on.
'07 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
Molon Labe!!!

mgdavis
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#133 Unread post by mgdavis »

I've been so busy with work that I haven't been on the Strom in two weeks! I'm definitely going to catch up tomorrow. Not at all decided where I'm going to ride, but I'll be out on two wheels.

Also, I'm officially debt-free as of tomorrow! Time to start saving money and planning the next few steps of my life.
'07 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
Molon Labe!!!

mgdavis
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#134 Unread post by mgdavis »

Went and cruised around Bainbridge Island today. Nice day, and a nice ride. Tried to go to Fort Ward State Park, but it was "Closed for the Winter". Saw about a thousand Volvos, I'm pretty sure Bainbridge could support a Volvo dealer by themselves.
'07 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
Molon Labe!!!

mgdavis
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#135 Unread post by mgdavis »

I spent all yesterday working, catching glimpses of a sunlit sky through the windows. I had a serious need to get out on the bike, swore I'd spend all day today riding. When I woke up this morning it was cloudy, with just a few spatters of rain falling.
"That's fine," I said to myself, "I can ride in the rain."
I started web surfing and working on my first cup of coffee. After a bit I looked up and saw, much to my displeasure, significant amounts of snow falling from the sky. It's 36*F out, too warm for the snow to stick, but I'd sure feel foolish if I managed to find an icy patch. No riding for now, I guess I'll go get the oil changed in my truck instead.

I'm telling you, sometimes Washington tests my patience. It's the end of March, just a few miles west of Seattle, and it's SNOWING fer chrissakes. WTF?
'07 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
Molon Labe!!!

mgdavis
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#136 Unread post by mgdavis »

I'm in Texas :tada:

Staying around Wichita Falls for 1.5 weeks for a class. No riding, as I flew down; they wouldn't have let me check the Strom as my second piece of luggage.

Apparently Oklahoma has no helmet law. It was strange to see people riding around with no lid, it looks really uncomfortable.
'07 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
Molon Labe!!!

AZRider
Elite
Elite

#137 Unread post by AZRider »

mgdavis wrote:
Apparently Oklahoma has no helmet law. It was strange to see people riding around with no lid, it looks really uncomfortable.
It isnt.
Kawi VN1600

I dont give a damn what the name on the bike is..........Just ride it.

AZRider: Never met a bike he didnt like.

mgdavis
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#138 Unread post by mgdavis »

Just got the renewal notice from my insurance company. Looks like I'll be paying $275.00 to insure the Strom for the next 12 months, which isn't bad, considering that the same coverage cost me twice that amount last year.
'07 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
Molon Labe!!!

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#139 Unread post by Shorts »

mgdavis wrote:I'm in Texas :tada:

Staying around Wichita Falls for 1.5 weeks for a class. No riding, as I flew down; they wouldn't have let me check the Strom as my second piece of luggage.

I noticed that when I went down to TX too. Lots of people running with no cover. I was surprised.

mgdavis
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#140 Unread post by mgdavis »

I was talking to my Mom today, and she mentioned that my great-great-grandfather had a motorcycle. He was the Police Chief of New Ulm, Minnesota at the time. The way she said it, it sounded like he used the bike as his official transportation. I'll have to poke around a bit and see if I can dig up anymore information, but it sounds like I have an early motorcycle cop in my family tree. Way cool.
'07 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
Molon Labe!!!