from 1000 to 750...

VermilionX
Super Legendary 5000
Super Legendary 5000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: '06 Suzuki GSX-R 750

#81 Unread post by VermilionX »

CNF2002 wrote:Nice video. You should set up some cones and do an obstacle course.
i wish... other people are also using the lot including cars.

plus it's not really big enough for speed turning.

it's great though for practicing hard braking, swerving and throttle control for mellow turns like that.

it's also great for practicing stunts but im not into that right now.
Bikes Owned:
Gixxer 1000 K6 (stolen)
Gixxer 750 K6

Bikes Wanted:
VMAX
a super kewl cafe racer

CNF2002
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#82 Unread post by CNF2002 »

Im not talking about speed turning Im talking about basic avoidance manuvers, swerves, panic stops, stopping quickly while in the middle of a turn, more practical stuff.
2002 Buell Blast 500 /¦\
[url=http://www.putfile.com][img]http://x10.putfile.com/3/8221543225.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=11790]Confessions of a Commuter[/url]

VermilionX
Super Legendary 5000
Super Legendary 5000

#83 Unread post by VermilionX »

CNF2002 wrote:Im not talking about speed turning Im talking about basic avoidance manuvers, swerves, panic stops, stopping quickly while in the middle of a turn, more practical stuff.
oh i can practice that w/o a course.

i just look at the parking lines and try to stop in the shortest distance as i can. same thing w/ swerves, i use the lines as guides.
Bikes Owned:
Gixxer 1000 K6 (stolen)
Gixxer 750 K6

Bikes Wanted:
VMAX
a super kewl cafe racer

dieziege
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#84 Unread post by dieziege »

"Kinda" boring? Dude... DUDE....

OK, I wasn't going to post this because I thought it was too boring, but, well, I think watching verm's bike go past a camera is worse so I'm gonna do it... I'm gonna post it... Found through google video search...
A guy riding Glendora Ridge Road...

Skip ahead to about minute 50 if you want any chance of retaining your sanity.

Alternatively... here's a 57MB file... but I think it gave me some sort of... psycho-optical... condition... that or someone laced the soda fountain at Taco Bell and I was tripping balls.

Anyway, verm, practice low speed riding, it translates into higher speed riding better than high speed translates to low speed..... oh, and do you know where any MSF courses run in your area? There is one by my office I swing by from time to time... they have the marks all painted including lines and dots where the cones would be, so you can practice most maneuvers. Plenty big enough to practice anything... you just need to develop the skills.
Ride it like you think owning it matters.

VermilionX
Super Legendary 5000
Super Legendary 5000

#85 Unread post by VermilionX »

dieziege wrote: Anyway, verm, practice low speed riding, it translates into higher speed riding better than high speed translates to low speed..... oh, and do you know where any MSF courses run in your area? There is one by my office I swing by from time to time... they have the marks all painted including lines and dots where the cones would be, so you can practice most maneuvers. Plenty big enough to practice anything... you just need to develop the skills.
that is slow speed, that's why it's boring. im only going around 30mph on those turns.

the other thing i practiced there was hard braking and swerving.

i wanna go to the verizon amphi parking lot. i went there before during skillzday and that is a huge parking lot. i'll probably be able to be comfortable enough to drag knee since im scared to drag knee going slow.

also, yeah i know where the MSF is here but they close the parking lot.
Bikes Owned:
Gixxer 1000 K6 (stolen)
Gixxer 750 K6

Bikes Wanted:
VMAX
a super kewl cafe racer

dieziege
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#86 Unread post by dieziege »

They close the lot? That sucks. :( The one nearest my office is in a church parking lot... they never close it, and it is never crowded...

And it wasn't boring 'cause you were going 30MPH... it was boring. On a...well, a directly related note... I hear Microsoft bundles a video editing program with Windoze XP.... might be able to trim things down a bit with that. :wink:

VermilionX
Super Legendary 5000
Super Legendary 5000

#87 Unread post by VermilionX »

dieziege wrote:They close the lot? That sucks. :( The one nearest my office is in a church parking lot... they never close it, and it is never crowded...

And it wasn't boring 'cause you were going 30MPH... it was boring. On a...well, a directly related note... I hear Microsoft bundles a video editing program with Windoze XP.... might be able to trim things down a bit with that. :wink:
oh ok... i see your point.

:laughing:

the bike was not parked close to the camera since im trying to figure out where to put the camera. then i ran to the bike after i started the recording. so that's why there's a delay.
Bikes Owned:
Gixxer 1000 K6 (stolen)
Gixxer 750 K6

Bikes Wanted:
VMAX
a super kewl cafe racer

dieziege
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#88 Unread post by dieziege »

We don't care why... just make it go away.

Did you go to that first video I linked to? The guy does the same thing... he says it is a vid of a particular road, but then he takes like five minutes to gear up and you're just seeing cars go past... then he starts riding and it's another 30 minutes of surface streets... it takes the first 50 minutes just to get to the road....

I'm pointing this out to say that you are not alone... he too needed an editor.... but he's not here and you are so you get the harassment. Life ain't fair.... :laughing:

All in fun. :D

Mintbread
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500

#89 Unread post by Mintbread »

VermilionX wrote: i'll probably be able to be comfortable enough to drag knee since im scared to drag knee going slow.
Hahahahahaha, if your "canyon riding" vid was anything to go by then you are about 30 years off dragging a knee. Just get a belt sander to scuff up your sliders so you can concentrate on actually learning how to ride.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/mintbread1/header.gif[/img]

CNF2002
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#90 Unread post by CNF2002 »

I didnt see anything particularly wrong with the way he was riding that road. Legs were a little wobbly. Seemed to be a little nervous about the corners.
2002 Buell Blast 500 /¦\
[url=http://www.putfile.com][img]http://x10.putfile.com/3/8221543225.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=11790]Confessions of a Commuter[/url]