Scoutmedic -- The trials and journies of a *n00b*

KarateChick
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male

#31 Unread post by KarateChick »

Keeping my fingers crossed for some bright sunny weather your way! Congrats on finally getting your bike - you've been SO patient (I wouldn't have been!) Don't think that grin you get from riding ever wipes off...it just keeps getting bigger. Have fun and stay safe.
Ya right, :wink: there are only 2 kinds of bikes: It's a Ninja... look that one's a Harley... oh there's a Ninja... Harley...Ninja...

[img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/KarateChick_2006/IMG_1245_1.jpg[/img]

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2003 Honda Gold Wing

#32 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

FINALLY! A beautiful day to ride. Took her out for a short run and did some errands in town. I've got a little over 170 miles on the ODO. Filled up with gasoline and figured my consumption at around 44 mpg. I've been told that it'll increase considerably once the break-in period is over.

Did a night ride last night and, may take her out for a short spin later tonight. Going to show it off at work tomorrow. My boss has already said that I can park it in our ambulance garage. Very cool. I won't have to worry about chaining it up or securing it more than taking the keys out so my co-workers don't drive it all over... :laughing:

Posted a review on my MC Pants. I'll do a review of my jacket once I've gotten to use it without the rain and thermal inserts.

Catch yall later and Stay Safe Out There!

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#33 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

Discovered this morning that all of my gear is good in cold weather except the gloves. Thought I was going to have frostbite by the time I finished my 40 minute commute to work. It was hovering near 40°F but, when you factor in the windchill at 60mph.... *brrrrrrrrrr* I actually cruised the 45mph speed limit for the last 15 minutes instead of the normal 60+ that traffic usually travels in that area.

Other than that, it was a nice ride. I actually left earlier than normal and discovered there is less traffic at that time! Or, maybe it just seemed that way since I wasn't running late and trying to drive 65 the entire trip.... :laughing:

The boss was here already and said, "I didn't hear you pull your bike into the garage. Is it that quiet or did you decide it was too cold?". I decided to show it off by leaving it out in the parking lot until later today. Couple people want to stop by and see it so, in case I'm out on an emergency, they can take a look without me being here.

Later!

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#34 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

Beautiful, sunny, warm day. I'm stuck at the station for 24 hours. Hmmmm..... They have motorcycle medics in England.... Let's see.... Bungee straps, ratchet straps, duct tape, backpack, extra strobe light system..... "HEY BOSS!!!"

:laughing:

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#35 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Another frosty rider! glad I aint the only one.....
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

CNF2002
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#36 Unread post by CNF2002 »

Dont I know it...I think it was high 70s this morning. Chilling.
2002 Buell Blast 500 /¦\
[url=http://www.putfile.com][img]http://x10.putfile.com/3/8221543225.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=11790]Confessions of a Commuter[/url]

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#37 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

*sigh* The boss didn't like my "motorcycle medic" idea. Made me take the gear off the bike. Guess I'll just have to take the ambulance. :laughing:

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#38 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Probably a good-ish idea...I doubt dragging a back board by a bunjee cord would go over to well with the patient..... :laughing:
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#39 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

Our stretchers have nice wheels. But, I was trying to figure out how to keep it from whipping back and forth..... :laughing:

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#40 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

Well, it's been a couple days. After my frosty morning commute, I went out and bought some better cold weather gloves.

Drove to work yesterday in the morning then last night. The night ride home was misty rain, foggy and very humid but, it was still a beautiful and relaxing time with no incidents. Just a slower ride home because of the wet roads.

The odometer reads 294.3 miles already. I called my wife before coming home to warn her that I'd be longer because of the weather and because I had to get gas. She questioned the gas thing because I just filled it up two days ago. "So much for saving money on gas!" :lol:

At least she has a sense of humor about it... :laughing:

Catch yall later! Have a happy and safe Memorial Day Weekend USA'ers. Everyone else, have a happy and safe regular weekend! :laughing: