Scoutmedic -- The trials and journies of a *n00b*

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2003 Honda Gold Wing

#21 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

Finally going to get my bike but now Mother Nature feels she needs to toy with me..... :frusty:

Forcast for the next seven days is rain with high temps in the mid to lower 50's F (about 14 C I think)..... :giveup:

My wife said, "Well, at least it'll be in the garage so you can go out and sit on it." She's just :evil: (evil) and :twisted: (twisted).... :crybaby:

It's going to be a very slow 5 mile drive home. Maybe the weather will break for a short time..... :laughing:

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#22 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

WOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!! My baby is home and sitting in the garage. Got a bit wet driving her home and taking the photo's in the driveway but, Happy BikeDay to me!!!! I uploaded photos to the Suzuki Gallery as well as my Personal Gallery. I've included one photo here but, I've included links to all 11 (so far) pics that I uploaded to one of my websites. Hope you all enjoy! I'll get more pics posted in nicer weather.

**Edit: Simplified things by making a webpage for the pictures. Click Here to see them.**
Last edited by Scoutmedic on Tue May 16, 2006 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Myself002
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#23 Unread post by Myself002 »

Bikedays are always the best.
Like Bob the MSF guy said "Smile your on a bike" :)

Member of DWPOMD

owner of a pretty red SV650S

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#24 Unread post by NorthernPete »

noice!
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#25 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

Thanks for taking a look folks! I'll post when I have new pics. The weather is supposed to break tomorrow afternoon. So, I'm hoping to talk my wife into taking some pics of me in my gear on and near the bike before taking it out for some practice.

Pete, sorry to read about your bike woes. I hope things start getting better for ya soon!

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#26 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

Put about 60 miles on the bike today. Feels good. I'm looking forward to a night ride in the next few days then, if that goes well, I'll start riding it to work.

I still need some practice with the slow speed maneuvers but, I only stalled it once today during my frequent stops to show it off to friends. Ran through some of the rapid stop and swerve procedures in a parking lot and did those fine. Even got to do 2 rapid stops for real when a cat ran out in front of me then, later, an SUV backed out of a driveway in front of me.

The weather was decent but, I rode through rain 3 different times. All in all, it was a great day. I'm hoping the weather is decent starting Friday. I'll be off for 5 days and have a lot of time to ride and practice.

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#27 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

It's still raining. I don't think it's ever going to stop. My dog is starting to develop webbed feet like a duck and I think I'm next. I should have bought a boat to commute to work in instead of a motorcycle.

:laughing:

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#28 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

Put another 60 miles on today and it was great! Finally didn't have to ride in any rain. The wind was a bit bothersome with some pretty strong gusts but, other than that, it was extrememly enjoyable.

Didn't see any other riders on my "outgoing" trip but, saw a single then a group of three on my way home. Did "the wave". I was grinning the rest of the way home. Kind of corny but, it finally made me feel like part of the "family".

Looking forward to showing it off to some friends tomorrow. Monday and Tuesday are going to be too busy to ride I think. Going to do my first work commute on it Wednesday.

TTYL!

froldt
Veteran
Veteran

#29 Unread post by froldt »

I hadn't looked at any Suzuki's before, but that is a beautiful bike! I'm going to have to head to the Suzuki dealership now, and see what they've got sitting there (as long as it's black, definately!)

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#30 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

:laughing: I like the black comment. I'm glad you like it!

I'm really liking it. Kind of bummed about not riding today but, I've been riding in rainy, windy weather since I brought it home. Decided I just didn't feel like it today. It was rainy off and on along with gusty winds and temps in the 50's. Supposed to warm up all week. I'm hoping to get a couple dusk/night rides in on Monday and Tuesday and, I'm going to drive it to work on Wednesday.