Inikilito
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2012/Harley Davidson/Iron

Use stock muffler?

#1 Unread post by Inikilito »

I have a 2012 HD Iron 883 and want a little better look out of the exhaust. I have had F150s that I put magnafows and gibsons on but since I use this truck so much on the highway and really don't think the stock sound is too bad (and no drone) I was thinking about getting a second set of the Harley dual tips and having them come out the drivers side. The tips out of the passenger side look a little low so I would like to tuck them up a little also. I know the Harley tips are not cheap but I do like the way they look. What do you folks think? Good look? Maybe $100 or so to fab up the single exhaust to the dual tips on each side? I figured maybe $350 or so total. Thanks

PaulineSinclair
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 23
My Motorcycle: Yamaha R6

Re: Use stock muffler?

#2 Unread post by PaulineSinclair »

Is this forum still active? I have not seen my post and posted for a long time

pchast
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 1980 Suzuki GS550L, 2019 Zero DSR

#3 Unread post by pchast »

Sorry I have no idea.

I think you would have to see what the difference in flow would do to your carb/injector tuning.
2019 Zero DSR, 1980 Suzuki GS550L

soap94
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 1
My Motorcycle: Jawa

#4 Unread post by soap94 »

Inikilito wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:28 am I have a 2012 HD Iron 883 and want a little better look out of the exhaust. I have had F150s that I put magnafows and gibsons on but since I use this truck so much on the highway and really don't think the stock sound is too bad (and no drone) I was thinking about getting a second set of the Harley dual tips and having them come out the drivers side. The tips out of the passenger side look a little low so I would like to tuck them up a little also. I know the Harley tips are not cheap but I do like the way they look. What do you folks think? Good look? Maybe $100 or so to fab up the single exhaust to the dual tips on each side? I figured maybe $350 or so total. Thanks
Not a big deal to be honest. You won't see a y difference.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#5 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

PaulineSinclair wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:18 pm Is this forum still active? I have not seen my post and posted for a long time
Absolutely we are still up, active and running! In fact, there are right now: In total there are 1888 users online :: 11 registered, 0 hidden and 1877 guests

1,888 people. That's pretty darn active but it maybe your question is just too narrow for most users to know the answer. Unfortunately in the era of Facebook, Twitter and other Social sites, forums are also not as popular as they once were as you actually have to wait for an answer of quality versus the inta-gratification of having any answer immediately (quality vs quantity). On the flip side, forums are a better resource for answers as forums have been around decades longer than any social media sites. This forum, The Total Motorcycle forum, started in 2003, that's almost 20 years online vs Facebook at 10 and who even used Facebook 10 years ago? :laughing:

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

barnes34
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2012 Kawasaki Ninja

#6 Unread post by barnes34 »

To OP, what muffler did you end up with. Imo the stock is just perfect.