vampfiend687
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 82 Suzuki GS750

First weekend riding by myself.

#1 Unread post by vampfiend687 »

So last weekend, I took the MSF course, this weekend was the first chance I got to actually go out riding. It may not seem like much but in 2 days, I managed to put 200 miles on my bike around town and on some close by country roads. I now know why dogs love sticking their heads out the windows of moving cars. I did pretty damn good this weekend with riding, got pretty comfortable and on my way home from a friends about an hour ago, i met my first bad driver. The road is straight, 2 lanes each direction with a turn lane. I was in the left hand lane because in less than a block, I was going to turn left and in the turn lane from the opposite direction, a car was stopped waiting for me. There was a cop behind me and the car in the turn lane freaked, tried to drive through my bike and into the parking lot on my right. With some quick reactions, I managed to stop about 2 inches from hitting him. The cop kicked on his lights so I pull into the parking lot, thinking I'm getting pulled over. The guy in the car gets blocked in by the cop and was given a ticket. I was a little shaken up so the cop came over to see if I was alright, asked for my license and saw I'd been riding a week. He told me that my quick reactions probably saved my life and my bike and that the guy was not only ticketed for reckless endangerment, but he was going to have to go to traffic school as well. Anyway, When I get shaken up a little, I like to put it out there, so don't mind my ramblings, I just need to vent.
Keep on riding
-Stan
"There comes a point in a man's life in which he must be tempted to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken.

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

Re: First weekend riding by myself.

#2 Unread post by mogster »

Wow Stan! You did very well to react - guess the traininf worked? Sorry you got a fright but the chances of that happening in front of a cop is so slim it's almost worth it :lol:

Don't leave it long before getting back on or the heebie jeebies might build up in your mind. :D
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land

vampfiend687
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 82 Suzuki GS750

#3 Unread post by vampfiend687 »

Leave it? The way I was raised, when you get bucked off the horse, you complain a little, get back on and show the horse who is boss. Thanks for the advice though, Mogster. I'm hoping the guy learned his lesson. The cop nailed him with everything he could because the cop was also a biker.
"There comes a point in a man's life in which he must be tempted to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken.

Thumper
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: '14 BMW F700GS

#4 Unread post by Thumper »

Sometimes the cops are right where you need 'em. I'm glad you're all right, but kinda LOLing at the driver getting nailed... :lol: