Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2005 Honda Rebel

I Bought A Bike! Updated with Pics!

#1 Unread post by PioneerUrban »

Here's my $900 pride and joy!

I couldn't wait til Friday and went and got it this evening.

Here are some pics:

Now all I have to get is another helmet (Kawasaki Green, for more visibility), leather jacket (Kawasaki Green) and some Draggin Jeans. Not to mention Insurance, plates, inspection and the new title work done.

I already have steel toe leather boots and leather gloves.

Can't wait to get out there and start riding!

Screw the bike shop and thier high prices!

The new weekly classifieds came out today and there was a 1992 Ninja 250 advertised for $1000. I went to look at it and it does have some problems for a 15 year old bike (a couple of missing screws on the fairings, some rust at the end of the grips, etc...), but it runs extremely well. It has 26,that on the odo, but I got it for $900. It hasn't been laid down and everything works.

I was really shaky on it for my test ride, but I believe with some practice I'll overcome that. I'll probably spend the rest of the year in parking lots, getting used to it. It's ALOT different than my 125 Eliminator that's for sure! For some reason, I can flatfoot on this one. All the others that I sat on, I couldn't.

I'm REALLY excitied. :D I pick it up next Friday, when both of us can go down to the DMV for the title work. He's in Ohio and I'm in WV, so both of us has to go down to the DMV for signatures in front of a notary.
Last edited by PioneerUrban on Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Ride:

2005 Honda Rebel 250

Used to own:

1992 Kawasaki Ninja 250: Sold
2001 Kawasaki Eliminator 125: Sold

Texfire
Elite
Elite

#2 Unread post by Texfire »

Congrats. You should be happy with your find.

Tex

ngsalvo
Regular
Regular

#3 Unread post by ngsalvo »

Good stuff! Hope it goes smoothly from here on in. 8)
You'll have to speak up... I'm wearing a towel.

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2003 Honda Gold Wing

#4 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

:happybikeday:

Bost
Regular
Regular

#5 Unread post by Bost »

Man your really lucky, i find something like this for that price and its beat to hell or doesnt run worth a damn. HAPPY BIKE DAY THO!

KarateChick
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#6 Unread post by KarateChick »

Congrats - hope you enjoy your new ride! :D

(flat footing this one: see if you can check the specs for your ninja, maybe it was lower that year? check the suspension/sag, you may be able to flat foot this one as the suspension has softened since it was new)
Ya right, :wink: there are only 2 kinds of bikes: It's a Ninja... look that one's a Harley... oh there's a Ninja... Harley...Ninja...

[img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/KarateChick_2006/IMG_1245_1.jpg[/img]

PioneerUrban
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2005 Honda Rebel

#7 Unread post by PioneerUrban »

Thanks all!

I've been looking for a really long time for the right starter bike at the right price.

I could've went out and bought others, but as I mentioned in my other post I didn't want to feel like I got ripped off.

This bike looks good, not the greatest, but it'll serve it's purpose as I learn and gain confidence, then maybe in a few years I'll buy a new one or I just might decide to restore this one.

I went to the Kawasaki web site and ordered the owner's manual and the service manual. I also need the supplement to the service manual, but the supplement is not available. I looked on ebay and half dot com, but nothing. Does anyone know where I can get the supplement?

Thanks!

I totally forgot to take my camera for pics. I'll post some when I pick it up.
Current Ride:

2005 Honda Rebel 250

Used to own:

1992 Kawasaki Ninja 250: Sold
2001 Kawasaki Eliminator 125: Sold

Blood`Sentinel
Rookie
Rookie

#8 Unread post by Blood`Sentinel »

KarateChick wrote:Congrats - hope you enjoy your new ride! :D

(flat footing this one: see if you can check the specs for your ninja, maybe it was lower that year? check the suspension/sag, you may be able to flat foot this one as the suspension has softened since it was new)
Yeah it may have flattened out or been bent out of shape, which is good for seat height but I have heard thats not so good when you need to put weight on it or ride bumpy roads.
"People demand freedom of speech as compensation for freedom of thought which they never use."

Texfire
Elite
Elite

#9 Unread post by Texfire »

Might want to consider getting it checked by a mechanic, your cost, before laying cash on the barrelhead. Even if the guy is trustworthy the bike may have issues that he doesn't know about. It's not a sure thing, but I'd hate to buy a bike and turn around and have to drop some money into it when a problem crops up.

Tex

ShadowGrrl
Rookie
Rookie

#10 Unread post by ShadowGrrl »

Congrats on the new ride!! I just got a Ninja 250 in June and I'm loving the heck out of it!! (My Shadow is getting a little jealous) Have fun!! :D
Restita
"Rusty"

"Are we there yet??"