Dropping or dumping your bike

skoebl
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male

#21 Unread post by skoebl »

"Dropped" mine after a little under a year of riding (this last October). I was riding to work about 20 minutes before sunrise, and a bicyclist cut in front of me after I had been blinded by an oncoming car with its highbeams on.

Bike didn't really take all that much damage. Buuut, I'm just now starting to make enough money to repair it (took a while to recover and get a new job). :roll:
SV650 K6 <---Suuper Awsome bike

[quote="V4underme"]
If I didn't feel like a monkey &*$%ing a football when I sat on a sporty, I'd probably own one.[/quote]

Apollofrost
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#22 Unread post by Apollofrost »

Dragonhawk, was the girl ok?
I'm starting a petition to cull narrowminded dull people - be afraid Peter, be very afraid....
-Anonymous

ninja79
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#23 Unread post by ninja79 »

Kitty wrote:Dragonhawk, was the girl ok?
read the post. He said she was REALLY hot. :-)

intotherain
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
My Motorcycle: FZ6

#24 Unread post by intotherain »

RideYourRide wrote:
intotherain wrote:only time ive dumped it is when I tried to jump on the bike jumping over the windshield 6 months ago... It seems like the greater the power = more dumps. Since you have a friendly bike, I think you will never dump your bike while learning or you will drop it once or twice maybe doing a slow speed turn or backing up.
I think weight is probably more of a factor then power.
I think power causes more dumps than weight. when people name nice beginner bikes, it is always NOT powerful. It could be a 700 pound cruiser or 300 pound sport bike, but it always not very powerful..

Wordherder
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: Harley 2009 Superglide

#25 Unread post by Wordherder »

My wife's first, and so far only, drop occurred when she was trying to turn around in a gravel driveway. Scratch on the tank, busted turn signal.

Closest I've come so far was during a routine right-hand turn a year ago, when I was maybe 1 month out of MSF - downshifted a gear too far and let out the clutch smack at max lean. Back tire started dragging and I almost lost it.

Managed to straighten her up, but it was touch-and-go for a second there. Wouldn't have been a major crunch; I imagine I was only doing 10 mph. But that curb looked *ugly* when it was aimed at my (helmeted) head.
Harley Superglide Custom
Born to be ... Courteously deferential. If that 's OK with you.

logitech104
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#26 Unread post by logitech104 »

I've gone down when it was snowing outside, and thought it would be really fun to ride in, how wrong I was. :roll: 3 inches of snow and an inch of ice below it, coming down a hill, locked up the rear tire, bikey wasn't happy, and I highsided. On the way down i was thinking, "man, I should've gotten a Ural..." :lol: Going about 5-10 mph, had my hardbags on which broke one of my rear shocks. I rode it home.
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l240/logitech104/fairyhugsig.jpg[/img]
[1981 honda cb400t hawk][2004 honda crf150f]

jonbailey19808
Elite
Elite

#27 Unread post by jonbailey19808 »

Youn have gone down when it was snowing? Sorry couldnt resist. Forgive me.
Suzuki M50
GZ 250(sold)

Sicko
Elite
Elite

#28 Unread post by Sicko »

I didn't drop mine while I was learning. I waited until I had a little experience under my belt. :laughing:

hi-side
Elite
Elite

#29 Unread post by hi-side »

Hmmm well I've dropped my bike many times from falling off :shock:

Dragonhawk
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#30 Unread post by Dragonhawk »

Kitty wrote:Dragonhawk, was the girl ok?
No. She was definitely NOT okay. She was a model, after all. So, she was pretty "messed"-in-the-head ... But she didn't get hurt falling off the bike!

:lol:
logitech104 wrote:On the way down i was thinking, "man, I should've gotten a Ural..." :lol:
:lol:

That's awesome!
[b]Are you a beginner rider?
Have a lot of questions about motorcycling?
Not sure what bike to start with?
[url=http://www.wyndfeather.com/learn/motorcycle.htm]Learn To Ride A Motorcycle - A Step-By-Step Guide[/url][/b]