engine oil

Skier
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male

#21 Unread post by Skier » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:57 am

MotoF150 wrote:I have proof, go to www.amsoil.com and read the "White Pages On Motorcycle Oil" maybe if you guys would understand how a clutch works you would understand.
Oh, ok I guess those air-cooled Ducati clutches are bathed in invisible, magical oil from faeries that doesn't leak and causes slippage. My mistake.
[url=http://www.motoblag.com/blag/]Practicing the dark and forgotten art of using turn signals since '98.[/url]

MotoF150
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#22 Unread post by MotoF150 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:26 pm

All I ask is try Amsoil, its no more expensive than any other motorcycle oil, and you will notice a BIG difference, quicker starting, smoother shifting, less engine noise, cooler running engine, more power, quicker acceleration, better gas milage, plus the added benifit of 0 internal engine wear. Before you switch to Amsoil measure the top speed or ur bike, do this at a certain location, a certain distance and in a certain gear, then after you use Amsoil in ur bike, measure the top speed again matching the same course you ran before, I will bet you anything you will see anywhere between 5 to 20 mph HIGHER top speed!
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 09 Yamaha Tmax, 08 Suzuki King Quad 750

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: Nomad / Ninja 500 / VLX Bobber / C3 / VS

#23 Unread post by ZooTech » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:33 pm

MotoF150 wrote:Before you switch to Amsoil measure the top speed or ur bike, do this at a certain location, a certain distance and in a certain gear, then after you use Amsoil in ur bike, measure the top speed again matching the same course you ran before, I will bet you anything you will see anywhere between 5 to 20 mph HIGHER top speed!
You heard it here first, folks, switching to Amsoil is guaranteed to override that pesky top-speed governor! Now my bike will go 150mph instead of 130! Too bad the H-rated tires will explode before I get there! :frusty:

Skier

#24 Unread post by Skier » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:36 pm

My motorcycle oil is less than $10 for five quarts. Amsoil is $8.70 per quart. That's a significant amount, any way you slice it. It wouldn't stay in my bike more than 2500 miles, anyways.
[url=http://www.motoblag.com/blag/]Practicing the dark and forgotten art of using turn signals since '98.[/url]

MotoF150
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#25 Unread post by MotoF150 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:05 am

thats the advantage of Amsoil, you can go longer between oil changes, Amsoil doesn't break down like other oils, it doesn't boil off or evaporate, I have been running the same Amsoil in my bike for 7500 miles. You guys have no idea what ur missing not at least trying it. I always thought you guys wanted the best for ur bike, Amsoil is the best! At least try it, yes its $8 a quart but you only need 3 or 4 quarts, thats only $30, you can afford that, you have to pay more for the best. When you guys try Amsoil you can write back to me and tell me, "wow! You were right"" Please!!!!!! Try it!!!! just try it, you don't have to buy it online, many motorcycle dealers sell it, go to an independent dealer, like a guy that has a independent motorcycle repair shop, he will sell it. If ur dealer don't sell it ask for Amsoil, every HD owner is using Amsoil.

jonnythan
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#26 Unread post by jonnythan » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:32 am

I really think he just makes this stuff up as he goes.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonnythan/sets/]Flickr.[/url]

wheeltechnik
Rookie
Rookie

#27 Unread post by wheeltechnik » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:51 am

Mintbread wrote:You have proof because Amsoil told you so on the Amsoil website? :laughing:
:D :lol:
when young getting old..old getting young..

MotoF150
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#28 Unread post by MotoF150 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:07 pm

Once I was lost, I was a unbeliever, a former friend bugged me and bugged me to try Amsoil, after I used it I was addicted! I couldn't believe the difference it made in my bike, my bike felt like it had 20 more horse power. That was back in 2003 when I owned a Suzuki DRZ400S, ever since I have been using only Amsoil in everything I own, my bikes, my truck, car, atv, snowblower, lawnmower. Im just trying to help you guys, I know you guys love ur bike and you want the best for it, if you switch to Amsoil I PROMICE YOU , you will notice a BIG difference!

rapidblue
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#29 Unread post by rapidblue » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:22 pm

MotoF150 wrote: if you switch to Amsoil I PROMICE YOU , you will notice a BIG difference!
do you PROMICE? do you really PROMICE us? :frusty:
80 honda CB750F Super Sport

Skier

#30 Unread post by Skier » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:36 pm

MotoF150 wrote:thats the advantage of Amsoil, you can go longer between oil changes, Amsoil doesn't break down like other oils, it doesn't boil off or evaporate...
Viscosity breakdown due to heat and shearing between gears in the transmission is the least of my concerns with a bike's oil. I'm more worried about all the rest of the stuff the oil keeps in suspension: metal from normal engine wear, crud that somehow gets past your air filter, blow-by from the cylinders, clutch/friction plate debris from normal wear, etc...

I once read a motor's oil is its garbage dump. It's where it puts all the crap it doesn't want or need anymore.

MotoF150, would you leave your trash inside your kitchen for six months? I sure wouldn't. But it may explain your posts... :humm:

MotoF150
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#31 Unread post by MotoF150 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:13 pm

when you have Amsoil in ur engine there is NO metal particals cause there is NO WEAR! and NO WEAR on the clutch friction plates, and there is no blow-by cause the oil seals and coats the cyl walls even under heat and extreme pressure. Amsoil has torn down tons and tons of engines and measured NO WEAR when Amsoil was used in the engine, There are tons and tons of documented stories of semi truck drivers that used Amsoil that they lost all the oil from a oil leak and the engine kept running and running with no wear. This oil becomes part of the metal, go to www.amsoil.com and look at the " 4 ball wear test" and Amsoil comes on top, and they test all major brand name oil and they don't even come close to Amsoil. Name ONE other major brand motor oil that tests their oil with other brands, none of them do that cause they know they will lose to Amsoil. I can't believe you have a 599 and you don't use Amsoil, what a shame!

flynrider
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: '93 Honda Nighthawk 750

#32 Unread post by flynrider » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:41 pm

You are completely clueless. Given your demonstrated lack of knowledge about motorcycle mechanics, I have difficuluty believing that you are doing anything but parroting a bunch of hype. I know you're not capable of tearing down an engine to measure wear. Hell, you have trouble figuring out the best way to charge a battery :laughing:

Several years ago there was a magic addiitive that claimed to bond itself to metal and eliminate friction (sound familiar?). It was so good that the TV infomercials showed an airplane flying around without engine oil. Proof! I saw it on TV! (a website is just as good). Of course, scientists who study lubrication and metallurgy know that such claims were totally unfounded, but who cares? We all saw the "independent" tests. No matter that if it were true, we'd make engine parts with the stuff and eliminate oil altogether. Duh!

By the way, metal particles are the least part of oil contamination. Byproducts of combustion produce acids in the oil. If you leave the oil in your crankcase for ever, it'll eventually start eating your engine from the inside out. The only way to aviod this is to change your oil often.
There are tons and tons of documented stories ...
That line really killed me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Bikin' John
'93 Honda CB750 Nighthawk

qwerty
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#33 Unread post by qwerty » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:06 pm

If Amsoil is so slippery the engine doesn't wear, how does a wet clutch not slip?

I once did an article on an engine build. Make a change, dyno and road test. Make another change, etc. Switching from Castrol XLR to Castrol Synthetic gained something like 2.5% hp, 2.8% torque, and 7%mpg, and the mpg reflected the increase in brake specific fuel consumption. We also did oil analysis on a stationary industrial engine, XLR vs. Synthetic. I don't remember the exact hours before each oil began showing significant degradation, but Synthetic lasted about twice as long, mileagewise. Timewise (low miles), oil type didn't seem to make much difference in acid buildup.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

MotoF150
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#34 Unread post by MotoF150 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:16 am

ur talking about Castrol Synethic, thats not the same as Amsoil Synethic, just because it says synethetic doesnt mean its better, to legally qualify as a synethic oil all the oil molecules must be exactly the same, other manufactures can bottle roofing tar and call it a synethic as long as every molecule of that roofing tar is exactly the same, Amsoil lists the ingredents of their oil, others do not. Amsoil tested other synethic brands and many tested worse than non-synethic oil, the only other brand of synethic thats good, or comes close as good as Amsoil is Mobil 1. PLEASE!!! TRY Amsoil, just try it and you will wake up and believe, and I never said Amsoil is slippery, and what causes clutch slippage is the hydrocarbon deposits, dirt, that gets in-bedded and sticks to the fiber plates of the clutch, Amsoil cleans and disolves those deposits so the plates are as clean as new, pleasse try it once I thought the same way, thinking Amsoil was full of it, then I tryed it and I was AMAZED!! my eyes were open, I couldnt believe any oil could make such a big difference, try it~

jonnythan
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#35 Unread post by jonnythan » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:16 am

MotoF150 wrote:ur talking about Castrol Synethic, thats not the same as Amsoil Synethic, just because it says synethetic doesnt mean its better, to legally qualify as a synethic oil all the oil molecules must be exactly the same, other manufactures can bottle roofing tar and call it a synethic as long as every molecule of that roofing tar is exactly the same, Amsoil lists the ingredents of their oil, others do not. Amsoil tested other synethic brands and many tested worse than non-synethic oil, the only other brand of synethic thats good, or comes close as good as Amsoil is Mobil 1. PLEASE!!! TRY Amsoil, just try it and you will wake up and believe, and I never said Amsoil is slippery, and what causes clutch slippage is the hydrocarbon deposits, dirt, that gets in-bedded and sticks to the fiber plates of the clutch, Amsoil cleans and disolves those deposits so the plates are as clean as new, pleasse try it once I thought the same way, thinking Amsoil was full of it, then I tryed it and I was AMAZED!! my eyes were open, I couldnt believe any oil could make such a big difference, try it~
What was the top speed on your bike before and after Amsoil?
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonnythan/sets/]Flickr.[/url]

MotoF150
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#36 Unread post by MotoF150 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:59 pm

Before Amsoil my 03 Suzuki DRZ400S top speed was 82 MPH, AFTER Amsoil it increased to 95MPH, My 05 Suzuki M50 before Amsoil top speed was 98, AFTER AMSOIL its 105MPH, My 06 Suzuki Eiger top speed was 50, but after Amsoil its 55MPH, ( please note the Eiger is a gear drive, wet clutch ATV engine, you will not get any increase on a belt drive ATV that doesn't use a wet clutch) Test ur bike on a set course and measure its top speed, then switch to Amsoil, give the bike around 100 miles use for the Amsoil to fully lube and break in to the engine then measure ur top speed on the same course again, I PROMICE YOU, you will see an increase in ur top speed. Don't listen to the guy that owns the 52hp Mean Streak about the rev limiter cutting out the top speed, the rev limiter measures rpm's, ur getting a higher top speed cause ur getting NO CLUTCH SLIPPAGE and you will get a higher top speed at less rpm's. The only claim im making is no or less clutch slippage, no or less clutch slippage is the reason you will increase ur top speed.

MotoF150
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#37 Unread post by MotoF150 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:21 pm

The oil molecules in Amsoil are all exactly made with the same oil and all are exactly the same size and they are much smaller in size than the molecules in reg motor oil, or regular motor oil has molecules that are different in size and are made up of different oil, they are not pure. Think of a room in ur house as an engine oil pan and the oil passages or the oil flowing thru the engine has to flow thru a small window in that room in ur house. Amsoil Synthetic Oil all the molecules are ping pong balls and they move evenly and quickly thru the window, but regular motor oil is made of some ping pong balls, footballs, baseballs, basketballs and beach balls, whats going to happen? Those different size balls are not going to flow quicky thru a small window and maybe the basketballs and the beach balls won't fit at all, oil is being squeezed between two clutch plates, with regular motor oil some of the basketballs or beach balls may get in there and make a bigger gap, or an uneven gap between the clutch plates causing it to slip, also hydrocarbon deposits become inbedded into the fiber plates and stay there causing more slippage, im explaining this the best way I can, use Amsoil no clutch slippage.