Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: Honda NC700XA,Yamaha YZF-R125,BMW K100RS

Castrol Power Racing 1 vs Mobil1 4T vs eni i-Ride moto 10w40

#1 Unread post by AfXv237 »

Hello,
I am new here. If the thread is placed in the wrong section, I am sorry.
I would like to discuss a bit about oils, about the best quality to be more specifically.

AGIP (eni) i-Ride moto 10w40 specs: http://travel.eni.com/catalog/products/ ... _1_102.pdf
Castrol Power Racing 1 specs: http://msdspds.castrol.com/bpglis/Fusio ... 8QE9RH.pdf
Mobil1 4T Racing specs: http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/Mot ... 0W-40.aspx#

It is obvious that we are talking about fully-synthetic motorcycle oils, but each manufacture gives us information about their products:
-Castrol oil meets API SL and JASO MA-2 requirements.
-eni (Agip) oil meets JASO MA, MA-2, API SL, ACEA A3 (ACEA A3/B3 = Stable, stay-in-grade oil intended for use in high performance gasoline engines and car & light van diesel engines and/or for extended drain intervals where specified by the engine manufacturer, and/or for year-round use of low viscosity oils, and/or for severe operating conditions as defined by the engine manufacturer.) Basically, it means that it lasts longer.
-Mobil1 oil meets API SN and JASO MA

I chose these 3 brands because they have the best reputation (at least in central Europe). Personally, as a car mechanic, I've been using Agip (eni) products for over 15 years and never had a problem, nor my customers, so in my view, obviously, is the best oil, as their latest products reduce fuel consumption from 2l to 5l per 100km, depending on the vehicle (absolutely astonishing). However, I have never used their products in my motorcycle. i-Ride moto 10w40 is a new product, still rare in my country, so I am really enthusiastic about it. Then, Castrol Power Racing 1. It is widely known as a "smoothener" and a good product. Mobil1 is an unknown subject to me. In fact, I had a lot of complains about Castrol and Mobil1 from my customers, but it regarded cars, not motorbikes, and it might have been the quality poor, as both of these brands and many other bottle their products all across the Europe (it is a general fact known by most people. Though good quality oils goes to powerful countries such as Germany, UK, and the opposite side, the junk, goes to underdeveloped countries, including mine). Whatever, I do not want to downgrade any of the brands, as my topic is not about this, I was just trying to justify my belief in Agip's products as their only bottling place is Rome, Italy. But, again, I have experiences only with cars, not motorbikes.

So, the highest API requirement is SN(introduced in 2010/2011), followed by SM (2004) then SL (2001). (SN for example has this description: Introduced in October 2010 for 2011 and older vehicles, designed to provide improved high temperature deposit protection for pistons, more stringent sludge control, and seal compatibility. API SN with Resource Conservingmatches ILSAC GF-5 by combining API SN performance with improved fuel economy, turbocharger protection, emission control systemcompatibility, and protection of engines operating on ethanol-containing fuels up to E85.)

JASO MA/2 is a requirement set for Japanese motorbikes.

That being said, what do you think, which one should be the best choice, accordingly to the requirements and your own experience?
2012 Honda NC700XA, 2011 Yamaha YZF-R125 , 1989 BMW K100RS, 1990 Yamaha XT600, 1999 & 1997 Yamaha SR125, Aprilia Tuareg 50, Kawasaki KL50

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

Re: Castrol Power Racing 1 vs Mobil1 4T vs eni i-Ride moto 1

#2 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

I use Mobil 1 V twin 15W40 or Royal Purple just mt preference really.
there aint nothin like it

Cavallo
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
My Motorcycle: Kawasaki z 800/Honda Foza NSS 300a

Re: Castrol Power Racing 1 vs Mobil1 4T vs eni i-Ride moto 10w40

#3 Unread post by Cavallo »

Hi. I used to use Motul in my Suzuki Bandit but when i reached over 2000km with the Motul oil i had some problems with the gears. Than i tried the ENI i ride and it turned out fantastic. Now i used eni i ride scooter for my honda scooter. And i am undecided what to use for the first service on my new Kawasaki z 800. I don't know if the Eni is strong enough for such high performance engine so i m thinking about Silkolene.m

Honey Badger
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 13 GSXR1000; 07 Triumph Daytona (race)

Re: Castrol Power Racing 1 vs Mobil1 4T vs eni i-Ride moto 10w40

#4 Unread post by Honey Badger »

I'm in the US, so my options may be slightly different.

In my street bike I used to run Mobil 1 full syn 10w40. Switched to Repsol Racing 10w40 with the current street bike with the stock exhaust, bike loved it. Repsol no longer available in the US, so tried Motorex with the most recent oil change. Again, full syn.

In my race bike I've been using Maxima 530RR, been extremely happy with it EXCEPT that it seems to get too thin on very hot (95+degrees F) days at a race pace. No issues at a slower pace or on cooler days. Considering a change due to that reason, but unsure what I will switch to. Motorex makes a race oil specifically geared towards the triples, so seriously considering that.
AFM #302​

​Special thanks to my 2015 sponsors!

RiderzLaw; Dunlop Race Tires; Catalyst Reaction Suspension Tuning; MotoSport; Woodcraft; Shoei Helmets; Moto Shop; Precision Trackdays; Erich Stiegler Farmer's Insurance; Speed Mob; Cycle Gear; AXO; Driven Racing; City Bike; Chicken Hawk Racing

"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul"
"Try not, do or do not. There is no try"