Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

TMW Stats Update - Jan - May 2012 - 11 million riders helped

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

TMW Stats Update - Jan - May 2012 - 11 million riders helped

I'm always extremely proud of what Total Motorcycle has done to help support motorcyclists and motorcycling over the past 12.5 years, with more great motorcycle content than I ever thought was possible to find at one place on the internet and all free too. But it's more than just content, it's community, the biker community is one of the most tight, friendly and helpful communities out there and I'm happy to say so is the Total Motorcycle Community as well and I applaud ever one of our visitors, members and volunteer staff for making Total Motorcycle an even brighter star out there.

January to May this year (2012) has been a great year, (and I base great years on how many people have been helped vs profit as helping people what truely matters to me). So far 11 million have been helped so far and they have read 94 million pages and TMW has had 280 million hits. That's a little better than this time last year, but in the past 2 months things have really picked up and people are reading even more on Total Motorcycle as motorcycling interest grows. One of the biggest jumps is the amount of bandwidth use. In April we reached 99% of our maximum limit and if there were 31 days in April, I would be really worried! So last month I upgraded our bandwidth another 300GB per month (that's massive BTW), increasing our bandwidth to 1,536GB per month so no more bandwidth worries (this year)! If you want a comparison we have grown to 133x bigger than in November, 2003 (we were pretty big then too) when we needed 11.5 GB; if you love stats, you will love this page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/kudos.htm#WSC as I don't hide anything (good luck seeing other stats like this at any other big sites).

And as a foot note if you are interested in learning more about Total Motorcycle's history, just visit our Total Motorcycle Museum here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/totalmotorcyclemuseum/

Total Motorcycle Index page from 2000-2002...

Enjoy and thanks 3,744,550,872 for being part of something great and contributing to something that really matters!

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2003 Honda Gold Wing

Re: TMW Stats Update - Jan - May 2012 - 11 million riders he

#2 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

Awesome! I know I'm constantly recommending this place to everyone from people thinking about riding to experienced riders. I got great information from here when I was thinking about riding and haven't stopped visiting ever since!

Congrats Mike!

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Scoutmedic wrote:Awesome! I know I'm constantly recommending this place to everyone from people thinking about riding to experienced riders. I got great information from here when I was thinking about riding and haven't stopped visiting ever since!

Congrats Mike!
Thanks so much, but it's definately a group effort. :D It's pretty amazing when you can read your posts from years back on here and the great memories they bring up; Total Motorcycle is like one big (ok, massive) family that I'm really happy to be part of as well. :group:

BTW - "recommending this place to everyone" in my opinion, is the highest complement one could give, thanks a million, I can't tell you how much I appreciate that!

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#4 Unread post by dr_bar »

So, no counter for visitors on the main page anymore?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

dr_bar wrote:So, no counter for visitors on the main page anymore?
Do you miss that? I used to have a live one but it caused the page to load too slow as so many were viewing it at the same time. I used to have a counter I was doing manually each month to show visitors, pages, etc... like here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/totalmot ... m/2009.htm

Mike