agraebner
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

Re: Somthing VERY cool about this forms members

#21 Unread post by agraebner »

Poor Marvin, the stick didn't come out and i think trying to remove it might have left some additional splinters...... Here buddy have some soothing ointment.....
1984 Honda Magna 700, 1987 CBR1000F, 1991 Nighthawk 750, 1994 FZR600, and for the dirt 1995 KTM 300 EXC and finally a 1986 KX500

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

#22 Unread post by mogster »

Marvin wrote:what will the hot babes think if they seen me riding a scooter

I realise you are being facaetious with that comment Marvin , but please remember there are quite a few HOT BABES who look a mite deeper into a man's soul than just what he rides or drives.

What a shame that such a positive thread has been dragged down to a slanging match. :cry:

And by the way.....some us HOT BABES ride our own bikes/scooters! :D
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land

Thumper
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: '14 BMW F700GS

#23 Unread post by Thumper »

Well, I'm not a hot babe, but I can assure you that a scooter is never an issue when I look at a guy, but the moment "if they seen me riding" came out of his mouth I would dismiss him on intelligence points.

Not that I notice grammar or anything...

zeligman
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 02 Suzuki Volusia 800 (in salvage :( )

#24 Unread post by zeligman »

Thumper wrote:

Well, I'm not a hot babe, but I can assure you that a scooter is never an issue when I look at a guy, but the moment "if they seen me riding" came out of his mouth I would dismiss him on intelligence points.

Not that I notice grammar or anything...
:roll2:
still recovering - back to crutches, then walking with a stick, then running - then hopefully riding again!

joolz
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: '09 VN900 Custom

#25 Unread post by joolz »

Marvin wrote:what will the hot babes think if they seen me riding a scooter.
Guess that depends if you're wearing your one-piece leathers with the speed hump or not :D
I kiss my dog on the mouth

Marvin
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2009 Yamaha TMAX, 2005 Yamaha FZ6

#26 Unread post by Marvin »

It speaks volumes how you guys pick out one statement I made and ignore the rest of the true expressions I made. Either you agree with me, or you're too weak-minded to come up with a good defence.
When I said "what would the hot babes think you riding a scooter" Thats a statement you guys that hate scooters say, not me!
I express my true feelings and I get attacked for it, you are the guys filled with hate and anger against people that ride scooters, not me!
I don't understand why anybody would care what they ride, the only thing I can figure out or guess is scooters are a threat to your big tough guy image and the guys riding the scooters make you look bad, if I am correct then its sad you live your life as a lie, a person you pretend to be!
2009 Yamaha TMAX
2008 Suzuki King Quad 750AXI
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 DC Trd Sport, 6 sp manual

Marvin
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2009 Yamaha TMAX, 2005 Yamaha FZ6

#27 Unread post by Marvin »

Thumper? In your dreams! In your dreams!
2009 Yamaha TMAX
2008 Suzuki King Quad 750AXI
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 DC Trd Sport, 6 sp manual

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#28 Unread post by HYPERR »

Marvin wrote: I don't understand why anybody would care what they ride, the only thing I can figure out or guess is scooters are a threat to your big tough guy image and the guys riding the scooters make you look bad, if I am correct then its sad you live your life as a lie, a person you pretend to be!
Marvin, I really don't think the majority of TMW members are like that. We like all motorcycles (yes that includes scooters) and I don't think anyone really on here cares what you rides as long as you ride.

That being said, I agree there are tons of insecure males that feel their "manhood" is threatened if they ride a scooter or a bike of small displacement. The real insecure ones have to even take it one step further by putting down others just to make them feel "special" and "superior". When I ride my KLX250S, I have gotten the "get a real bike" sneer a few times. Every single time, it was a middle aged guy on a fancy cruiser and each time, they were with other similar poser riders. I have never had anyone ever give me a derogatory remark when they are riding alone. :wink:

I will tell you something I find very fascinating. Where Hondagirl lives in Northeast Japan, it seems as everyone in their 20s ride motorycycles (scooters included). Nobody cares what you ride and each ride seems to have their unique custom features that make it their own. I also see a lot of big scooters with pipes and aftermarket exhaust such as Two Brothers, Yoshi, etc. I have never seen a scooter with an aftermarket exhaust here in the US. The fact of the matter is, they sound really cool! Most of the big scooters are twins and they have that great sound when opened up just like "motorcyles". Majority of the riders of these big scooters over there seems to be the "cool" young kids, and they all have lots of radical customization. What's interesting is that the Northeast (Tohoku) area of Japan is arguably the most conservative and "traditional" area of Japan; if you go a few hundred miles to the center of Japan, that's where you will see some outrageous custom bikes and scooters. 8)
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

#29 Unread post by mogster »

Marvin wrote: Either you agree with me, or you're too weak-minded to come up with a good defence.

you are the guys filled with hate and anger against people that ride scooters, not me!
!
Both of these are very sweeping statements that I personally find quite offensive.

Every time I make a comment after you post YOU choose to completely ignore my sentiments & instead carry on with your vitriolic drivel. I am not obliged to defend myself to you (or vice versa), but I do object to you hijacking a positive thread to spill out yet more of your hostility & anger.

If you must express such negativity do us a favour & keep it inside your own thread (then I can avoid reading it)!
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land

Thumper
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: '14 BMW F700GS

#30 Unread post by Thumper »

Marvin wrote: I don't understand why anybody would care what they ride,
That's just it...no one here cares what someone else rides. No one cared for the over 2 years I rode the MP3 scooter. If; I'd replaced it with a TMax, no one would have cared. In fact, if I *had* replaced it with another scooter it would have been a TMax because they rock.

I think what some of us care about is the lack of reading comprehension going on--you're not really hearing what other people are saying--and just how hard that chip on your shoulder is weighing you down.

TL;DR = scooters are cool enough; read what people are really writing...