JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

#71 Unread post by JC Viper »

BuzZz wrote:
RhadamYgg wrote: ....... What color is my purse? I can only hope its' black....
Really... does it matter what color it is? The issue is that it's a purse, Dude! :laughing:

Wonder how far we can take this before the women start freakin' out on us? :twisted:
What? Ever hear of a man purse? Gawd...

As for speedos, I think the digital ones are a bit off. Not sure where they're getting the speed measurements from. There was an article about it before.
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

BuzZz
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

#72 Unread post by BuzZz »

JC Viper wrote:
Certainly have. Now ask me what I think of 'em.... :mrgreen:

Besides, no purse made will co-ordinate with a skirt, black socks and sandals. That's just proof that only women (or 'special men') are meant to wear/carry these sorts of fashion items..... :laughing:
No Witnesses.... :shifty:

mydlyfkryzis
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 42
My Motorcycle: 1976 CB360t, 1991 Honda Nighthawk 750

#73 Unread post by mydlyfkryzis »

JC Viper wrote:
BuzZz wrote:
Really... does it matter what color it is? The issue is that it's a purse, Dude! :laughing:

Wonder how far we can take this before the women start freakin' out on us? :twisted:

As for speedos, I think the digital ones are a bit off. Not sure where they're getting the speed measurements from. There was an article about it before.
The Cabled speedo's are off too. My NH750 has a cable operated off the front wheel. It reads 10% high (Indicated 55 is actually 50 MPH).

My 1969 CB350 was off about the same amount too.

The digital, while off from the factory, can be electronically recalibrated. The cable driven can't be, at at least not easily.
Richard - Fully Dressed

Naked 1991 Honda NightHawk 750
Naked 1976 Honda CB360T

sapaul
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 90
My Motorcycle: 2011 R1200R 07 BMW GS, Kymco 250 little

#74 Unread post by sapaul »

Just saw the tyre pics now, and we know Buzz has no diplomacy, but I have to agree with him, you need some serious help.

Try what I do with stubborn noobs

TAPE YOUR CLOCKS.

NO speedo, NO rev counter

Just ride and start to feel the bike man, you are sooooo over calculating.
I spent my therapy money an a K1200S
The therapy worked, I got a GS now
A touch of insanity crept back in the shape of an R1200R

SCgurl
Elite
Elite

#75 Unread post by SCgurl »

RhadamYgg wrote:
BuzZz wrote:Dude, I like you. Really, I do. So don't take this wrong way....

I'll hold you're purse while you hitch up you're skirt and take a knee here.....

O.K., ready?

Looking at your tire...... time to grow a pair, Dude. :wink:

You're a man, start thinking like one. Stop thinking with the head on your neck and start thinking with the right head. You got miles of tire left to lean on, you ain't even in the same zip code as 'close' to any limit yet.

You know what I do for fun? About 2-3 am, I head out and blitz a portion of a local ring road. The thing about this road isn't the road, but the F'ed up way the retardified planners around here tied it into existing roads. As a traffic artery, it sucks balls, but it makes a nice impromptu track.

There is a mess of convoluted cloverleaves and ramps leading off and onto this freeway and at that time of night, everything is empty. I spend an hour blowing through highspeed curves and sharp turns riding off and then back on and around and through and over every dam approach and on/off ramp I like. The best part is, if I see a set of headlights, it probably is a cop, so I got lots of time to either slow up to legal or fluck off entirely.

You should try it sometime. I know you live in what I consider to be a densely over-populated nightmare, but if you can find a patch of empty freeway with some nice on/off ramps, go out and play.

I crank it over as far as I like, as fast as I like, with no danger of traffic or common sense getting in my way..... and I still have lots of safety room on my tires. Not the Great Wall Of China-strips you got, but plenty of buffer zone to pull my azz back if I get carried away.

Put down the calculator and RIDE dammit. :wink:

Here, take you're purse back. At least it ain't pink..... :laughing:
You're probably right. :) What color is my purse? I can only hope its' black....
You know, looking at those pics, I think you need to be carrying MY purse for me...and it ain't black!

Dude, from the specs, your bike is 518 pounds dry...mine is 737 pounds! I have whitewalls that are getting scrubbed! Quit thinking about it and just ride!

I would like to let you know that my purse is a really big, dark blue Dooney & Bourke summer bag...goes well with anything. And we're just trying to get you to practice with the bike and not an overpriced calculator...that is all.
2008 Suzuki S40-for sale
2007 Road King-waiting until mid-May
[url=http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u94/Jeni1090/?action=view&current=IMG_0051.jpg][img]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u94/Jeni1090/th_IMG_0051.jpg[/img][/url]

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

#76 Unread post by JC Viper »

RhadamYgg wrote:
JC Viper wrote:Get a shot of it centered maybe the flash can show the contrast better from that angle.

Like my avatar says: No Fear*

*only have no fear on clear roads with little traffic or pedestrians otherwise use caution.

I'm sure the more time you spend with the bike you'll get to know when it starts to complain. Give it about 1 - 2 tire changes. Maybe 3. Even after 5 years with the Vulcan I still learn new things about it's performance capabilities which is why I still stick with it... until it falls apart.
Hmmmm, tire changes? Damn, at the rate I'm putting miles on the bike It'll be a while.
Well I meant if you ride it everyday all year round and are somewhat aggressive with them (you're in the tristate area, I'm sure you gotta be at least somewhat aggressive). I got the impression sport tires don't last as long since they're geared more for grip than longevity. Basically just give it time and your comfort zone will increase.

Actually a good set of tires can change the way you ride. It was only after getting the Dunlop F11 Qualifiers was when I became more aggressive in turns. I became even worse with the Continental Milestones because they gave me so much better handling and grip that I lost a good chunk of fear in relatively sharp corners. Not sure what you're running and how they respond though.
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

CYNWAGON
Elite
Elite

#77 Unread post by CYNWAGON »

I think it's called a "murse" :)
'08 Suzuki M50 Yellow & Grey (she's my bumblebee)

RhadamYgg
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
My Motorcycle: 2006/Yamaha/FZ6

#78 Unread post by RhadamYgg »

mydlyfkryzis wrote:
RhadamYgg wrote:
mydlyfkryzis wrote: If you are not dragging hard parts, you are not leaning too far. Get past hat, and learn to ride better.
Ahhh, now that's a psychological thing, there.

I know.... unless I'm dragging hard parts I can't possibly be overleanded.

But I don't... err feel it?

RhadamYgg
That's my take on it.

If you can, or have the opportunity, get on a dirt bike.

I learned a lot on the Tank Trails at Fort Bragg. Sliding around turns, falling off into soft sand, finding the limits of a bike sliding around on soft surfaces. My friend has a terrible fear whenever he rides on gravel or dirt, or hits some gravel or dirt in the rode. His issue is in his mind. When you ride Dirt Bikes for a while, you get a feel for the wobbling and unsteadiness that seems to prevail on loose surfaces. As you ride more, you gain confidence, as you realize the bike may wobble, but doesn't fall. After slidng through a turn on a dirt bike, you don't get fazed by the sliding of your street bike as you encounter a little gravel on the road. think many falls happen due to the surprise and panic of a rider the first time the rear wheel slides a little on gravel, then the actual situation itself.

Your bnest bet, if you aren't able to ride on on a dirt bike is to ride more and practice leaning more and more.

We have roads that are paved with liquid tar than a layer of loose gravel is put on top. If you ride on them, the bike shimmys and sways and feels very loose. Well if you spend 10 minutes a day on those roads, after a while, the shimmy and sway are familiar and don't get the adrenaline going at all. Same with turning.

Keep practicing, yuo'll get there.
Ahh you know I was thinking about getting my oldest son a dirt bike. Maybe I'll see about getting one too - if I could find a cheap rust bucket that works and don't expect too much of it.

Of course, that means I'd need a trailer...oooh boy.

Well, it is something to think about. I do remember a statistic that indicated that riders with dirt experience had a lower fatality rate.

RhadamYgg
RhadamYgg / Skydiver / Motorbike Rider / Mountain Climber
FZ6/11302 mi|Suzuki B-King/5178 mi|Ninja 250cc/5300 mi| (rented)ST1300 850 mi
Hoping my kids don't hate me too much in the future.
Random 2003/Corwin 2006/Cordelia and Morrigan 2009

RhadamYgg
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#79 Unread post by RhadamYgg »

BuzZz wrote:

(.......)
I have no response to that(?) I swear my best friend at work (she) has bigger testicles than I do - at least under some circumstances.

RhadamYgg

RhadamYgg
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#80 Unread post by RhadamYgg »

JC Viper wrote:
RhadamYgg wrote:
JC Viper wrote:Get a shot of it centered maybe the flash can show the contrast better from that angle.

Like my avatar says: No Fear*

*only have no fear on clear roads with little traffic or pedestrians otherwise use caution.

I'm sure the more time you spend with the bike you'll get to know when it starts to complain. Give it about 1 - 2 tire changes. Maybe 3. Even after 5 years with the Vulcan I still learn new things about it's performance capabilities which is why I still stick with it... until it falls apart.
Hmmmm, tire changes? Damn, at the rate I'm putting miles on the bike It'll be a while.
Well I meant if you ride it everyday all year round and are somewhat aggressive with them (you're in the tristate area, I'm sure you gotta be at least somewhat aggressive). I got the impression sport tires don't last as long since they're geared more for grip than longevity. Basically just give it time and your comfort zone will increase.

Actually a good set of tires can change the way you ride. It was only after getting the Dunlop F11 Qualifiers was when I became more aggressive in turns. I became even worse with the Continental Milestones because they gave me so much better handling and grip that I lost a good chunk of fear in relatively sharp corners. Not sure what you're running and how they respond though.
You are correct - they are sport tires - let me take a quick look at the tires...

Dunlop SportMax.

I am interested in some sport touring tires when the time comes.

RhadamYgg