jstanley01
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: Oogling Bonnevilles

Re: Motorcycle courier jobs

#11 Unread post by jstanley01 »

JakePoppa wrote:There is a long report at Adventure Rider about a currier in DC. It was pretty cool.
Is that article online somewhere? I'd love to read it. I was a motorcycle courier in D.C. for six months or so back in the late '70s. I rode my personal RD400 to and from work, and rode the company CB 350 on the job. One thing about that line of work in that city, was that you became familiar with the bowels of the government offices from all three branches, as well as those of the alphabet soup of agencies. Back then, if the right officers from the Capitol Police were on duty, we couriers could park near the entrance under the stairs on the Senate side that was for members and waltz right in right along with Teddy and everybody else. I haven't been back in a long time, but I imagine the layers of security go out to the street now. Also, picking up a package at the Congressional Printing Office required cutting across the rotunda. Which I would enjoy because I wore an orange 3/4 helmet, which I never took off at work, and I would turn up the squelch on my walkie-talkie to make a racket and get a reaction out of the tourists. Fun!...

kachiii
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 100
My Motorcycle: honda125

#12 Unread post by kachiii »

Has anyone ever had a motorcycle courier job in the AUSTRALIA?

Miles_Ha11
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2016 Ducati Supersport

#13 Unread post by Miles_Ha11 »

kachiii wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:35 am Has anyone ever had a motorcycle courier job in the AUSTRALIA?
I'm not sure but you can probably look over the internet.

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#14 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Not just Australia but the Australia.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F