music option on my Honda?

RhadamYgg
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006/Yamaha/FZ6

#11 Unread post by RhadamYgg »

shane-o wrote:I use earbuds connected to an ipod.

Earbuds do 2 things that are positive in my opinion anyways :) that is;

Provide awesome acoustics straight into where ya need it

And

Keeps out that nasty cyclonic wind noise ya get inside ya helmet that is responsible for destroying a lot of motorcyclists hearing.

I use earbuds similar to below

http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/ho ... treet-line

You know, maybe I need to try and put my helmet on again with headphones on. Sometimes I really lack the patience in the morning to see if something will really work or not.

Then again, my hard cartilaginous ears might be a problem.

Oh, Ellen2, BTW, some states do not allow the use of headphones - so you might want to watch out for that.

RhadamYgg
RhadamYgg / Skydiver / Motorbike Rider / Mountain Climber
FZ6/11302 mi|Suzuki B-King/5178 mi|Ninja 250cc/5300 mi| (rented)ST1300 850 mi
Hoping my kids don't hate me too much in the future.
Random 2003/Corwin 2006/Cordelia and Morrigan 2009

Schmink
Regular
Regular

#12 Unread post by Schmink »

Hi Ellen2,

I know waht you mean about needing something to listen to on long rides. I have a Yahama V-Star 1100 and I simply put my Ipod in my jacket pocket and put one headphone in my ear (usually the right). I still like to be able to hear the traffic with my other ear and in California it's illegal to have headphones in both ears simultaneously.

I use the Skull Candy earphones which fit very nicely in the ear and don't hurt against the helmet. I got them at Target for about $15! On a cruiser I think that's your best bet and less annoying to everyone else around you when you're at lights, etc.
Schmink
2008 V-Star 1100 Custom

slimcolo
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#13 Unread post by slimcolo »

I would be happy to find a set of helmet speakers or earbuds that are not too expensive (under $40) that will plug into standard motorcycle (5 pin mini DIN) plug and not walkman type plug.

Ellen2
Rookie
Rookie

#14 Unread post by Ellen2 »

I went for my first ride last nite. Now I've got shopping fever. I'll need different riding boots, ipod, speakers, jacket, raingear, different helmet...Oh, and a new hair-do to accomodate the 'helmet hair' look that I'll have. :D
I'll definately check into all of the different ideas ya'll have thrown at me.
Thanks again!
Ellen2