RhadamYgg
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006/Yamaha/FZ6

First maintenance mileage

#1 Unread post by RhadamYgg »

Hey Everyone - I hope you are well and keeping the shiny side up!

I'm within 100 miles of my initial service for my B-King. If I ride it to work I'll clear almost 90 miles and I was thinking of riding it in at least once if not twice this week.

Plus it is like 30 miles to the Suzuki dealer I'm thinking about having the service done at...

So, how important is it that I nail this service on the 600 mile mark?

I do have to note that I dropped the bike twice. The second time I dropped it I was a little pissed (purely at myself) and let the engine run until it stalled (only about 10 seconds - probably less). I do have thoughts that this may have messed up the valve alignment as the bike sounds kind of truckie.

Then again, it sounded a bit like a truck in the first place. I don't know if it is me (imaginary) or if the bike really sounds different.

Since I screwed up my camera I don't have any video with sound of when I first bought the bike and after I dropped it or we'd have a comparison point.

Anyway, any thoughts from those of you who want to chime in - and most likely are as chicken as I am of doing your own maintenance?

Thanks,
RhadamYgg
RhadamYgg / Skydiver / Motorbike Rider / Mountain Climber
FZ6/11302 mi|Suzuki B-King/5178 mi|Ninja 250cc/5300 mi| (rented)ST1300 850 mi
Hoping my kids don't hate me too much in the future.
Random 2003/Corwin 2006/Cordelia and Morrigan 2009

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#2 Unread post by Wrider »

Well personally I'd get it done at the dealer... You'll already be 200 over, which is ok, but I'd get it done ASAP. Mainly because then you can take it over the rev range, and secondly because they do a full service on it. Including oil, checking every bolt on there, valve adjustment check, everything. I'd wait to take it into work until you get it serviced...
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

RhadamYgg
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006/Yamaha/FZ6

#3 Unread post by RhadamYgg »

Definitely, taking it to the dealer. So, now i have to make that appointment and get the service done before any more rides to work. :(

RhadamYgg
RhadamYgg / Skydiver / Motorbike Rider / Mountain Climber
FZ6/11302 mi|Suzuki B-King/5178 mi|Ninja 250cc/5300 mi| (rented)ST1300 850 mi
Hoping my kids don't hate me too much in the future.
Random 2003/Corwin 2006/Cordelia and Morrigan 2009