jaskc78
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: N/A

Happy Bike Day!

#1 Unread post by jaskc78 »

A little late, but I've been busy riding my new toy. Wednesday night I bought a Black 2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R 636. It had 820 miles on it, so finally broke 1,000 miles earlier tonight and officially ended the break-in period.

I like it lots. I was actually really surprised by how not uncomfortable it is. Don't get me wrong, it ain't comfy and I don't think I'd want to do a several hundred mile ride on it, but it ain't near as bad as I thought it would be. Very buzzy, though, because even in top gear it's cranking 7000 RPMs to do 75-80 mph.

Oh, and if you're curious what it looks like, the best picture I could find is here on TMW under the 2006 Kawasaki Models page. Only difference (so far) is that mine is lowered about 1.5 - 2 inches. Frame sliders, swingarm sliders, bar ends, flush-mount turn signal kit, fender eliminator, seat cowl, and integrated brake light/turn signal kit are all on order. After all that I think it'll be time for a new exhaust. The stock exhaust is almost whiny, especially at the higher RPMs.

Pics coming soon, I promise.
"Dude, women are like Vol-Tron. The more you can hook up the better it gets!" --RvB
Currently waiting on a new hip before I can get a new bike.

Gummiente
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#2 Unread post by Gummiente »

Happy Bike Day!
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

jaskc78

#3 Unread post by jaskc78 »

Thanks, Gummi. Also as an interesting side note, met someone last night at a barbeque that has a Ural down here. I'll be damned if everybody and their brother wasn't just asking a million and one questions about his bike.
"Dude, women are like Vol-Tron. The more you can hook up the better it gets!" --RvB

RhadamYgg
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006/Yamaha/FZ6

#4 Unread post by RhadamYgg »

Happy Bike Day! Someday I've been thinking of looking at 600cc class sport bikes, but I need at least a little bit of comfort.

I'm pretty sure one of the guys within a few block of my house has a Ural. Very military looking. He has two bikes, the Ural and a HD. Guess which one is for sale in front of his house. Its the one with two wheels (hint).

RhadamYgg
RhadamYgg / Skydiver / Motorbike Rider / Mountain Climber
FZ6/11302 mi|Suzuki B-King/5178 mi|Ninja 250cc/5300 mi| (rented)ST1300 850 mi
Hoping my kids don't hate me too much in the future.
Random 2003/Corwin 2006/Cordelia and Morrigan 2009

jaskc78

#5 Unread post by jaskc78 »

i'm still really tempted by the idea of a royal enfield military g5 motorcycle. that would just be the coolest commuter bike imo.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#6 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Congrats....that is quite a change from an HD Road Glide to a Ninja.....

Take it easy on that throttle....no wheelies.... :mrgreen: :wink:

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: dream bike (really, it's in my dreams)

#7 Unread post by fireguzzi »

jaskc78 wrote:i'm still really tempted by the idea of a royal enfield military g5 motorcycle. that would just be the coolest commuter bike imo.
I agree. 8)

Happy bike day!
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/fireguzzi/papabarsig.jpg[/img]

jaskc78

#8 Unread post by jaskc78 »

blues2cruise wrote:Congrats....that is quite a change from an HD Road Glide to a Ninja.....

Take it easy on that throttle....no wheelies....
yeah, i'm still waiting on the insurance company to total out the road glide, and until i get that check i can't afford another one. sport bikes are cheap, though, and a lot of fun in a completely different way.

and yeah, i have no intention of doing any wheelies.

green meenie
Veteran
Veteran

#9 Unread post by green meenie »

Congrats on your new purchase. Less than 1,000 miles on an '06 is quite a find. The 636 is a nice bike with lots of get-up & go and they handle great in the corners, as I'm sure you've found already. There's certainly lots of aftermarket exhausts out there for you to pick from and that will make it at least sound a lot better. Add a PCIII, k&N air filter and get a custom fuel map done and you can add considerable HP to that bike if your interested in performance upgrades. No end to the money you can spend moding that bike out (lol). Another nice upgrade to consider is a set of Pazzo or CRG levers. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed them after getting them. Really nice feel and easily adjustable. Anyway; now that I've spent all your money - go out and enjoy that thing :mrgreen:

zeligman
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 02 Suzuki Volusia 800 (in salvage :( )

#10 Unread post by zeligman »

blues2cruise wrote:Congrats....that is quite a change from an HD Road Glide to a Ninja.....

Take it easy on that throttle....no wheelies.... :mrgreen: :wink:
stay away from Blues for a bit - you don't want to experience any premature throttlling....

:shock:

:laughing:
still recovering - back to crutches, then walking with a stick, then running - then hopefully riding again!