dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#121 Unread post by dr_bar »

MZ33 wrote:
The head is not considered a vital organ in Texas.
Well . . . erm . . . the one on the shoulders isn't, but I'm quite sure that the . . . uh . . . well . . . other one . . . is. :innocent2:
Well it can't be that important...

In BC we have texan balls hanging from just about every pickup truck's trailer hitch.

I did ask a few Texans about that, all they did was blush... :twisted:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

Tennif Shoe
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: VTX 1800c

#122 Unread post by Tennif Shoe »

dr_bar wrote:
MZ33 wrote:
Well . . . erm . . . the one on the shoulders isn't, but I'm quite sure that the . . . uh . . . well . . . other one . . . is. :innocent2:

In BC we have texan balls hanging from just about every pickup truck's trailer hitch.

yes, we really don't want to make you feel small. It is just not in our nature.
03 Honda VTX 1800c
87 Yamaha TT350
86 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 (sold) Have fun in Mexico Mr. Vulcan!

YES my spellin sucks, get over it, or you can be my personal spell check

BuzZz
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

#123 Unread post by BuzZz »

That's what all the Texans say.... until they get to Alberta. Then they get uncharacteristically quiet. It's always fun when a group of Texan Wheels-n-Wigs come for a tour of a facility around here........

"Yall run these things in this weather?'

"Yeah but only for 6 months at a time. That's why we are always on your azz about insulating lines and stuff like that on the stuff we order. We need it."

"Where do yall keep the hot coffee at? We can look at the rest of this in an hour, after we thaw out."

"We can walk with coffee, there's 6 more hours of tour left, can't stop for an hour every 20 minutes. Bet you wish you brought real winterboots, eh?" :wink:
No Witnesses.... :shifty:

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#124 Unread post by dr_bar »

Tennif Shoe wrote:
dr_bar wrote:
MZ33 wrote:

yes, we really don't want to make you feel small. It is just not in our nature.

Small doesn't bother me. I'd rather have smalls balls still attached to me, rather than big balls attached to some pickup truck 2500 miles away... :laughing:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#125 Unread post by blues2cruise »

RockBottom wrote:
Amdonim wrote:Ya, there are a lot of really really bad riders here. Like a lot. Not as bad as texas though. At least we have helmet laws. (They do in texas too, but they're loose enough that many do not wear one)
:laughing: :laughing:

blues2cruise

#126 Unread post by blues2cruise »

jstark47 wrote:I have a toonie...... found it in the bottom of my tankbag, left over from last summer.

I'm keeping it in a lead-lined box at the moment..... y'know, so it doesn't transmit our secrets back to the "Motherland" (aka land of the eternally disgruntled beaver)

:mrgreen:
:laughing: :laughing:

Velocity
Veteran
Veteran

#127 Unread post by Velocity »

RockBottom wrote:I feel compelled to contribute a story here.

Let me point out that I work for the U.S. Department of Defense. In the mid 90s when lots of people were just learning about the Internet, I was giving a talk on it and making the point that it had both an upside and a downside. I pointed out that there was potential confusion because if you did a Yahoo search on my name (this was pre-Google), you got some hits on me, but you also got ones for a gay Canadian popcorn star. Without missing a beat I said, "Now it's not that I'm worried about being mistaken for gay or a popcorn star, but CANADIAN????"

Weird thing was I did not plan that in advance--it just came out of my mouth and I was as surprised as anyone.
RockBottom wrote:I just noticed that when I made my post above, the system substituted the word "popcorn" for the "adult" film industry, so readers will have to make the correction mentally.
Well, that clears things up. The only popcorn star that I know of is Orville Redenbacher, and he's from the States and he's, well, dead.

The world could use another popcorn star.
Current ride: 2007 Yamaha Virago 250

Fargo360
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: 1998 Honda VTR1000 SuperHawk 996

#128 Unread post by Fargo360 »

I'm recently back from the Peg, and I would have to say that if we were having this conversation based solely on fast food...Canada wins hands down. Tim Hortons? Oh yeah...that place is by far the best coffee on the face of the planet. And when you go to McDonalds, they can tell you where the food came from. There's my arguement. Canada has better fast food so they win.

(can you tell where this american's priorities are?)
1976 Honda CBR360R/T
1998 Honda VTR1000 SuperHawk 996

Fargo, ND supports global warming

BuzZz
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

#129 Unread post by BuzZz »

You should have tryed Tim's 7-8 years ago, when they made the donuts on-site at each store...... dem was good donuts. Now they are stale, dry, mass produced garbage, just like all the rest of the fast food out there.

I don't know what they put in the coffee, but I know for a fact that is as addictive as crack. Glad I gave up coffee 20 years ago, I got enough addictions.... :roll:
No Witnesses.... :shifty:

blues2cruise

#130 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Fargo360 wrote:I'm recently back from the Peg, and I would have to say that if we were having this conversation based solely on fast food...Canada wins hands down. Tim Hortons? Oh yeah...that place is by far the best coffee on the face of the planet. And when you go to McDonalds, they can tell you where the food came from. There's my arguement. Canada has better fast food so they win.

(can you tell where this american's priorities are?)
Did you buy some coffee to take home with you?