harley and sport bikers

livetoride1234
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

harley and sport bikers

#1 Unread post by livetoride1234 »

Is it true that Harley bikers dislike sport bikers? When I'm on my sport bike, the Harley boys don't wave-it's a dirty look I get.
ride it like it was stolen

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

Re: harley and sport bikers

#2 Unread post by ceemes »

livetoride1234 wrote:Is it true that Harley bikers dislike sport bikers? When I'm on my sport bike, the Harley boys don't wave-it's a dirty look I get.
Some Harley riders do seem to cop an attitude, most don't tho Just blow by the ones that do and leave them choking in your dust and exhaust fumes.
Always ask why.

SBK15
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

#3 Unread post by SBK15 »

I've noticed that some harley riders get annoyed by the Punks on there GSXRs buzzing by them. And the punks on the GSXRs are the ones always in the news for gettin killed doing triple digits on the highway. I could undertand the harley riders reason not to wave, but i repect EVERY biker, and i do wave.
-2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Current Ride
-2007 Suzuki DR650 - Sold
-2007 Kawasaki Eliminator - Sold

livetoride1234
Rookie
Rookie

ya

#4 Unread post by livetoride1234 »

that's true but the sport bikers could say that harley guys always go to the bar and get plastered and then go ride, right? I'm not saying all harley bikers but thats a stereotype that sport bikers could make. that's not meant to offend anyone.
ride it like it was stolen

Brackstone
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2010/Ducati/Monster 1100

#5 Unread post by Brackstone »

I wonder if more cruisers will wave at me when I'm on my monster? :)
Ducati Monster 1100 (Vrooom!!)
Aprilia Shiver 750 (sold)
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250cc (sold)

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

#6 Unread post by JC Viper »

I've seen Harley guys that dislike any Japanese bikes and their riders. Good thing I haven't seen those too often. The squids ruin the sport bikers reputations as well because I've also seen many responsible riders on crotch rockets.

Plus maybe some of the Harley riders want to keep up a bad boy attitude so don't expect them to wave. Also waving to them might be a distraction esp. on busy roads. I only do it on stretches of road that have little cross traffic.
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

wmg1299
Regular
Regular

#7 Unread post by wmg1299 »

I have a Softail and a Ninja. I have noticed that some Harley riders don't wave when I'm on the Ninja, but most will return a wave.
I've actually gotten more snubs from sport bike riders when I'm on the Harley. Not sure why there is a separation between the two groups, or why people care. There appear to be jerks who own sport bikes and jerks who own Harley's.
Current Ride: 08 HD Nightster
Just Added: 02 Ducati 750 Sport

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#8 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

wmg1299 wrote:There appear to be jerks who own sport bikes and jerks who own Harley's.
Yep. Bike bigotry sucks big time, and is a really dated, unproductive attitude. Too many people (including most everyone in government) already hate motorcyclists to begin with, so we might as well stick together.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

TrueFaith
Veteran
Veteran

#9 Unread post by TrueFaith »

I think those guys on the sportbikes aren't waving because they're too preoccupied trying to find the right gear, or are afraid if they take their hand off the grip the bike might shoot out from under them. Most of the kids (and they really are kids) I've seen on R6s and Gixxers around here seem to be doing their best to keep the bike in a straight line. That's one of the reasons I never considered purchasing one.
One day I was on my Yamaha Seca at a stoplight and a Harley rider pulled up next to me. He was looking at my bike from stem to stern and I was just waiting for the "rice grinder" comments. Instead, he said "Nice looking bike, man. How many miles do you have on it?" After that, I stopped generalizing about Harley riders and would always wave. 9 times out of 10 I'd get a wave back.

Fast Eddy B
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: 02 Fazer FZS600

#10 Unread post by Fast Eddy B »

SBK15 wrote:...i repect EVERY biker...
There's your first mistake. There's the same percentage of wanker-bikers as wankers. Let 'em earn respect.
02 Fazer 600