What's the weirdest thing you've encountered on a bike trip?

kawgurl
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

#31 Unread post by kawgurl »

shalihe74 wrote:.... see a... what the...? was that a... ? No, I think it... what the heck is a dead horse doing hooves-up on the side of the road?!
Had the exact same experience coming into Browning MT last summer - only it was MULTIPLE horses - both sides of the ditch! Browning is on a reserve where they allow the horses to run free unencumbered by fences - and it had appeared a tractor-trailer must have taken out an entire herd of them. I was in shock (have had horses longer than I've had a bike) - but there was nothing I could do, so just carried on!
[b]~Robyn~[/b]
'09 Kawi Nomad 1700

[i]"Sometimes the best communication happens when you're on separate bikes."[/i] ~Author Unknown

AlphaZed
Veteran
Veteran
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#32 Unread post by AlphaZed »

A female! One with 'lots of skin and "things" showing. I was out of gas, sitting by the road, trying to make a decision which way to push the bike and she gave me a ride instead...

Read into that what you will!

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#33 Unread post by Johnj »

I was northbound on I-35 when I saw a staketruck loaded with 55 gallon drums shed one. The Datsun 240Z following the truck hit the drum straight on and rode up on it, removing the front wheels from the ground. I don't think the woman driving the Datsun knew what she hit, she had this shocked look on her face as she turned the steering wheel to the left for a curve, and the car kept going straight. Right off the road into the ditch.

PS she walked away.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

crazy5dave
Elite
Elite

#34 Unread post by crazy5dave »

Last week i came around a corner on a twist road and a monkey ran across. red face red "O Ring". i stopped to look and get the camera phone out. he ran away. didnt start the bike back up again and just looked around for a minute. monkeys everywhere! saw at least ten more in the next 15 minutes i stayed there. crazy part is ive been on this back road in Gifu over 50 times and never seen a thing. the roads are amazing in Gifu and im always in full race attack mode on my buell and never really slow to smell the monkeys as they say. the fall leaves were out and took a break and a dip at my favorite Onsen. great day.
2007 Buell XB12Ss

beescarbuff
Rookie
Rookie

Surprise while riding...

#35 Unread post by beescarbuff »

While riding I was suddenly surprised when a HUGE turtle just jumped out in front of me!!!

Wolfey
Rookie
Rookie

#36 Unread post by Wolfey »

follow wrote:I was in Sturgis and there was this guy pulling his trailer with his bike..ok lots of people do that, however it was what was on the trailer that surprised me. It was an old paralyzed lady tied down in her wheelchair her head was bent over and she was drooling, I was in total shock so was my husband I only wish I had my camera to proove it! No one would believe me when I told them.
Sounds like a scene from "Weekend At Bernies" like, when they have the dead guy strapped to the chair on top of the car.
"Risk is essential. There is not growth of inspiration in staying within what is safe and comfortable. Once you find out what you do best, why not try something else? -- Alex Noble

======================
2002 Yamaha 1100 V-Star Classic
======================

Whip Lash
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 1993 Yamaha GTS1000 & 2003 Harley RK

Re: What's the weirdest thing you've encountered on a bike t

#37 Unread post by Whip Lash »

Rode into a swarm of bees (not killer bees - just the regular kind). Was going about 45mph when they hit and landed on me. Killed a few but some were only stunned (as was I). I stood up on the pegs and the wind blew them away. Didn't get stung but my wife on the back was wondering what the heck I was doing. Grow Up she yelled. Ha ha.
Awaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Johnj
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

Re: What's the weirdest thing you've encountered on a bike t

#38 Unread post by Johnj »

The Selma Twins...you can't make me tell!
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.