honda valkyrie 1500

oceanbreeze2200
Rookie
Rookie

honda valkyrie 1500

#1 Unread post by oceanbreeze2200 »

I was checking if any knew how good the Honda Valkyrie fit tall people over 6'4' I dont like the feel when my knees are up in my chest. I like the style of the bike but the foot pegs look like they are back where the ride would be uncomfortable for a tall person. Any comments please

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#2 Unread post by dr_bar »

I'm not tall and I understand where you're coming from with this. Although I never put them on my bike, there are after market floorboards that give you a more leg room, but the best addition I put on my Valk was a pair of Kuryakyn highway pegs. I used them all the time. The Valk is a tough bike to beat for pure power in a cruiser, I rode across Canada and the northern states without a hiccough, (hiccup for those unfamiliar with the original spelling...)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

kawgurl
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

Re: honda valkyrie 1500

#3 Unread post by kawgurl »

oceanbreeze2200 wrote:I was checking if any knew how good the Honda Valkyrie fit tall people over 6'4' I dont like the feel when my knees are up in my chest. I like the style of the bike but the foot pegs look like they are back where the ride would be uncomfortable for a tall person. Any comments please
Oceanbreeze - my husband (6'2") rides a Valk and quite likes it - but he also has 2 different sets of highway pegs on it as well, so can stretch out at will. I (6'0) have ridden it and I don't care for it. The riding position is very "upright", so if you're like me and like to have your feet near your controls, then you (at 6'4") would probably find it squishy.

Cheers!
[b]~Robyn~[/b]
'09 Kawi Nomad 1700

[i]"Sometimes the best communication happens when you're on separate bikes."[/i] ~Author Unknown