I got a working bike!!!

bluemonkie99
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male

I got a working bike!!!

#1 Unread post by bluemonkie99 »

So lately I've been really bummed that I have had nothing to ride since I passed the BRC last September. My Magna has been idle for over six months due to a number of problems, the current one being timing. I finally got fed up with waiting for my boyfriend (Storysunfolding) to have time to fix it as promised, and I started thinking about what I actually wanted.

No question, I've always wanted a Ninja, since way before I knew anything about motorcycles. We went to look at a 250 found on Craigslist last night. It was beautiful, 2003 and blue, my favorite color. Steven did his full inspection, pronounced it in good condition and a good deal. Any remaining hesitations flew out the window. I bought the bike on the spot and Steven rode it home. I spent this morning at the DMV getting it registered, tags and title, the whole deal.

It's really mine! I am so excited! It's the perfect starter bike for me, and it works! I'm heading out to the parking lot for some refresher lessons this afternoon before trying it on the road. Will post pictures later!

Vroom Vroom :D
"No one dies a virgin, Life screws us all."

2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250, a.k.a Rawley
1985 Honda VF 500c Magna V30 (my enemy)

darsek
Elite
Elite

#2 Unread post by darsek »

:happybikeday:

Don't forget the first ride report along with those pics! I have the Ninja 500 and I don't think I could have chosen a better first bike, I'm sure you will have a blast on the 250.

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

#3 Unread post by JC Viper »

Shame on you Storysunfolding... tsk tsk.

Well at least now you have the bike you really want so congrats.

This is actually my first time in a month and a half that I road my bike. The stupid throttle cable snapped (decelerator) leaving only one good one (gas). I finally got around to replacing them along with the clutch cable... now in order for me to fully enjoy it I have to let the cuts on my hand heal first. :evil:
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

Sicko
Elite
Elite

#4 Unread post by Sicko »

Congrats to you. Now time to ride. :D

Flesher
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#5 Unread post by Flesher »

:multistars: Grats!!

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#6 Unread post by storysunfolding »

JC Viper wrote:Shame on you Storysunfolding... tsk tsk.
Yeah, who would have thought that this and extensive nerve damage in my dominant would have made it harder to wrench :wink:
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

bluemonkie99
Regular
Regular

#7 Unread post by bluemonkie99 »

so what's been your excuse recently?....oh yeah, laziness :laughing:
okay...and very busy...

but still, can you blame a girl for being frustrated with a nonworking bike for over six months??

bluemonkie99
Regular
Regular

#8 Unread post by bluemonkie99 »

Given the torrential downpours that came in yesterday afternoon, we put off the parking lot lesson until this afternoon. I was surprised how quickly I remembered things from over 6 months ago. This evening, Steven led me on an hour long scenic ride through some back roads. I got into 5th gear, had some fun, nothing too crazy, but I love the ride. It was amazing to be back on a bike. and i love my Ninja!

and as promised, a picture of my new baby.... Image[/img]