faded sun
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

Re: Obligatory Pic thread (for bikes)

#61 Unread post by faded sun »

I know what you mean. I went the other way, from a Shadow to the ST1100. It wasn't too bad getting used to the change in position that way but when I went to get back on the Shadow after riding the ST for a few months I could not FIND the damn foot pegs! Weird feeling isn't it? (By the way, they are called "floor boards", those paddles you put your feet on after shifting into neutral.. :D )

Try counter-steering to get steeper turns, but you are not going to flick a VTX around on the highway, sorry. And get used to the sound of your center-stand making sparks when you drag it on a low left turn. I have done this on both the Shadow and the ST and it freaked me out the first few times 'cuz the sound comes up through the seat and handle bars. (As it was at night it no doubt impressed the cager behind me but I was thinking wtf?)

Let me know how it goes. I'm a Honda rider since I started on the street, so I'd like to hear your assessment of the VTX.
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.

Rubiadiabla
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 25
My Motorcycle: 2014 CTX 1300,2012 Ninja 650

#62 Unread post by Rubiadiabla »

Good morning all :) Mothers Day came early to this household and I'm ecstatic (also in love....) I've been running two bikes for years, my primary is a my candy red Ninja 650 but when our kids wanna ride along, my trusty old beauty (Honda Shadow ACE 750) does the trick. About 300 miles is the max they wanna do while still keeping the ride in the 'fun zone' and that's always been good with us since Eric and I have 3 children, road trips on the bikes with the kids just wasn't a possibility with just the 2 of us on our bikes. (Side cars are against my religion) Anyway... The kids are getting older now, all 3 teenagers and their schedules are getting busy and they've all started on the path to their own destinations. Part time jobs, softball practice, fishing holes etc. so on the weekends we sometimes end up with one or 2 kids home instead of all 3. (we trade off weekends and holidays with our exes) Thus, that opens up some possibilities of some road trips when we can take one or 2 of our kiddos one weekend then the other another time. While the 750 will do the touring with a big kid on the back, it's just too hard on me so.... Meet my new baby (name to be announced, perhaps) my 2014 Honda CTX 1300. Eric's teasing me quite a bit because tentatively I'm calling this bike my 'Baby Shark', #1 because he really is just a baby (some babies are real big!!!), the newest bike in our fleet and he purrs and rumbles like a baby, also, he turns like he's swimming (or flying) and has fins. I think his face looks like a dragon (previously all of our bikes have been named after monsters) but I just can't put a dragon/monster name with that sweet face. Thoughts? Ideas?
Attachments
ctx1300frontviewresized.jpg
ctx1300frontviewresized.jpg (149.15 KiB) Viewed 18095 times
ctx1300leftviewresized.jpg
ctx1300leftviewresized.jpg (138.03 KiB) Viewed 18095 times
'Well behaved women seldom make history.' -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

bigm2706
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: Benelli tnt600i/benelli/2017

#63 Unread post by bigm2706 »

This is my benelli tnt600i and royal enfield Himalayan.

A passionate biker who loves to travel and ride superbikes.

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: Nomad / Ninja 500 / VLX Bobber / C3 / VS

#64 Unread post by ZooTech »

2009 Nomad
00e0e_1jqe00zKroB_1200x900.jpg

faded sun
Elite
Elite

#65 Unread post by faded sun »

Rubiadiabla wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 4:43 am Good morning all :) Mothers Day came early to this household and I'm ecstatic (also in love....) I've been running two bikes for years, my primary is a my candy red Ninja 650 but when our kids wanna ride along, my trusty old beauty (Honda Shadow ACE 750) does the trick. About 300 miles is the max they wanna do while still keeping the ride in the 'fun zone' and that's always been good with us since Eric and I have 3 children, road trips on the bikes with the kids just wasn't a possibility with just the 2 of us on our bikes. (Side cars are against my religion) Anyway... The kids are getting older now, all 3 teenagers and their schedules are getting busy and they've all started on the path to their own destinations. Part time jobs, softball practice, fishing holes etc. so on the weekends we sometimes end up with one or 2 kids home instead of all 3. (we trade off weekends and holidays with our exes) Thus, that opens up some possibilities of some road trips when we can take one or 2 of our kiddos one weekend then the other another time. While the 750 will do the touring with a big kid on the back, it's just too hard on me so.... Meet my new baby (name to be announced, perhaps) my 2014 Honda CTX 1300. Eric's teasing me quite a bit because tentatively I'm calling this bike my 'Baby Shark', #1 because he really is just a baby (some babies are real big!!!), the newest bike in our fleet and he purrs and rumbles like a baby, also, he turns like he's swimming (or flying) and has fins. I think his face looks like a dragon (previously all of our bikes have been named after monsters) but I just can't put a dragon/monster name with that sweet face. Thoughts? Ideas?
uhm, "CT, call home"?

Actually reminds me of the dragon from "How to train your dragon". Can't remember if he gave it a name.

Nice ride.
Jock

pchast
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 1980 Suzuki GS550L, 2019 Zero DSR

#66 Unread post by pchast »

My newest purchase Sept 29th........
Attachments
2019 DSR  Brown and Gold on Black.....
2019 DSR Brown and Gold on Black.....
IMG_0108t.JPG (130.7 KiB) Viewed 16240 times
2019 Zero DSR, 1980 Suzuki GS550L

faded sun
Elite
Elite

#67 Unread post by faded sun »

Wouldn't mind a review of the Zero once you've had it a while.
Jock

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#68 Unread post by High_Side »

pchast wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:40 pm My newest purchase Sept 29th........
Very cool. Always wanted to try one, but the nearest dealer is 12 hours away...

pchast
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#69 Unread post by pchast »

I drove an hour and a half for it. Can't wait for the lowering kit to use it.... Too many dips and pot holes strategically placed..... Must wait. :(

pchast
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#70 Unread post by pchast »

Picked up the bike this afternoon. The kit is in and the forks have been dropped a 1/4 inch too..., an hour and a half's work. This lowered the seat by enough, roughly 1 1/4". I now have just over half of my feet on the ground. Much more comfortable for me. :D

Monday will be in the 50's by the forecast. I hope to get out for a ride. :motorcycle: