Cruiser
43%
Dirt Bike
4%
Standard
21%
Touring
12%
Other (a honda redheaded stepchild if you will...)
5%

Total votes: 107

storysunfolding
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

So you have a Honda? Cool, what is it?

#1 Unread post by storysunfolding »

Hey guys,

Welcome to the Honda User Group forum. I'd like to welcome every one of you and encourage you to bring more Honda loving souls to our corner of TMW.

We all share a close tie. A bond like no other. We own the king of the metric bikes, the honda. So let's learn a bit more about each other.

Be you a cruiser, a racer, a tourer, a stunter or a poser- list your ride, who you are, why you ride and what you like best about riding. The most creative response by the end of march gets a donation in their name to TMW and a handy dandy gold supporter bar... if you have a platinum bar already- I'm terribly sorry :wink:

Your usergroup moderator,
Ste
Storysunfolding
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

#2 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

1999 Honda XR200R. So red headed step child, i mean, dirtbike.
[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3563/41350009.jpg[/img]

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Owned, a 1980 Honda CB400T Hawk and 1983 Honda Magna V30. The CB400T was a wonderful standard bike. Loved it. 100% reliable, couldn't say more positive things about it!

The CB400T Would always start, even after I ...ummm... totaled it... my bad. :oops:

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

DivideOverflow
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#4 Unread post by DivideOverflow »

I still have the 84 VF700 and the 94 VFR750 in my garage. I put sport, because they are more sport than anything else. Even though by today's standards people might feel a little differently.

I ride because it is cheaper (and more practical) than making things explode every day (another hobby)! That, and fast cars are for suckahs. For a fraction of the price, I get: performance, economy, my own biker gang, all the bugs I can eat, and stronger wrists and back!

The best part of riding, to me, is the connection with the machine. When you drive a car, you sit there and insruct the car what to do. Between you and the road is metal, glass, comfy upholstery, air conditioning, and power steering! The car is driving, you are instructing. On a motorcycle, you are the insrument of motion. The rider is the deciding and limiting factor. If the rider is not in touch with the road, pavement is soon to follow. A motorcycle is an extension of one's abilities; it provides the freedom for the rider to impose his or her will upon the asphalt.

A cage protects its passengers from the outside world, while a motorcycle embraces it.
2008 BMW K1200S
2003 Z1000 - For Sale
1979 KZ650B - Work in progress
2005 Ducati SS 1000DS - sold :'(
1994 VFR750 Interceptor - sold
1984 VF700F Interceptor - sold
2004 Hyosung GV250 - sold

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#5 Unread post by storysunfolding »

I have a 1985 Honda Magna v30.

Like alot of my bikes I bought her for under $300 in wretched condition. She needed some parts replaced, some rust removed, and a good cleaning. Not to mention a previous owner decided to spray every speck of rust with grey primer. Every speck of rust. She's fun as hell to ride; cranks when you open her up the v-4 power; and is a gorgeous build.

She just gives me alot of issues that i can't handle currently with my hand the way it is... so sad.

Me, I'm a 23 year old in Va. I've been riding for a good period of my life, mostly dirt. I'm taking a few years off before taking the family route and applying to med school. Until then I ride for fun and brush off coments from teh family about how I'm going to kill myself.

On my birthday, april 8th, if all goes to plan I'll be an MSF instructor. Booyeah
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

Bingo
Rookie
Rookie

#6 Unread post by Bingo »

It's scary to look back on my Motorcycling history!

I've had many Hondas. After the mini bike craze, I eneded up on a 72 CB 350 (yes, I know that was 35 yeas ago!) had a CB750 Four, XR200R, XL350, and then in 88 found a slightly used 84 CX650E. I loved this bike so much I kept it even after I entered the HD stage, but finally decided to part company when it sat unused for a season (why let it sit when someone else can enjoy the ride, right?). Had a few more HD's and got into touring. Then while visiting the dealer I spotted a very abused CX in the back room. I took her home and started the restoration project, With some mods to paint and chrome I brought it back to it's former glory. (full story at http://www.vaxxine.com/tomspage/honda.htm )

Actually, now my main ride is a H-D Electra Glide Standard, but it's a bit more comfortable on the 5 decade old bones! I can't ride in the semi crouched position for too long without getting complaints from the top of the shoulders / base of the neck muscles, but we still get out for a coffee and to pose every now and then. The wife is happier with the big cushion on the Standard, so the votes go there for two up outings.

But when she's away, and the chores are done.....

Tom
So many hobbies, so little time!

JCS
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#7 Unread post by JCS »

Ok, where to start. I guess I'll go by age.

1975 CB400F. This was a sporty bike in it's day. One owner. 400cc/4 cylinder. Slightly modified by now. Clubman bars, bar end mirrors, oil cooler, tapered roller bearings, throttle lock, K&N pod air filters, S&W freon charged shocks w/dual rate springs, Barnett clutch, Dyna coils, Dyna electronic ignition, Battery Tender hook-up, drilled disc, forks mildly tweaked, rejetted, Kerker pipe, custom paint and a bunch of little stuff. And no, this was not my first bike.

1982 FT500 Ascot. Single cylinder thumper. White Brothers pipe w/Supertrapp can. Rejetted, Battery Tender hook-up, throttle lock, Ventura luggage rack, different bars (slightly lower). Not real fast but light and a blast to ride. Surprisingly comfy. 50+ mpg. Small tank bag and Tourmaster soft saddle bags.

1984 VF1000F Interceptor. A beast. V-Four torque. Braided steel brake lines front & rear, throttle lock, factory Honda luggage rack, Kisan volt/amp/air temp meter, Yoshimura pipes, Centrec accessory fuse block, Widder electric vest hook-up, Battery Tender hook-up, power line into Tecknik 2 level tank bag, Moto-Pak 90 saddle bags w/large tail bag, GSM engine guards.

1986 VFR750 Interceptor. This is not the sport-tourer that Honda sells now. This is the first generation VFR that Honda brought in to be legal for superbike racing. Red/White/Blue with gear driven cams. Makes a sound like no others. Kisan volt/amp/air temp meter, Ventura luggage rack, Honda accessory center stand (optional for that year), throttle lock, Widder hook-up, Battery tender hook-up, Tourmaster tank bag, Cortech saddle and tail bags, after market (Bikemaster) mirrors so you can see more than your shoulders. I hardly get to ride this one because my wife usually has it out.

I'm 51 years old and have been riding for the biggest part of my life. I am not a squid but tend to run just a bit past the legal speed limit.

My wife came to riding later in life about 10 years ago. When we got together she claims that she had better figure this riding thing out if she wanted me to stick around. She is still not real fast but rides almost all the time when weather permits.

Riding for us as a couple has become an outlet. Load the camping gear and go on a trip. We haven't taken a car vacation in years. When you are a few states away from home on bikes people notice your plates and often want to talk when we stop to gas up. They will often clue you in on out of the way places and roads in the area. Stay off the interstates and the trip becomes much more interesting.

People keep telling me that you can't tour on a sport-bike. I guess riding 500 miles to have lunch does not qualify as touring. When I think about it, I guess that is not touring. Just a jaunt for the afternoon.
I would be the old, slow guy. Just let me know where you are going and I'll try to get there before you leave.

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#8 Unread post by Sev »

Guess I should check in 2004 Honda CB600F
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

Dragoon
Regular
Regular

#9 Unread post by Dragoon »

I will be aging myself, but as for Honda, and I have had a few other makes, I have had an FT500, a Hawk 400, CB550, a V65 Magna and now I have VT 1100.
I have been riding since I was 14 and have usually had three bikes at any given time, a sport, a dirt and a cruiser. In 2000, I moved to San Diego and got rid of my bikes because I could not bring them into the country with out more hassle then it was worth ( I was living n Canada ). My wife did not want me to get another bike so I was off them for 5 years and then I couldn’t live in this all year riding place without one, so I bought a virago and drove it into the ground, literally, then this summer picked up my Shadow Spirit VT1100. Absolutely love the machine. I have just put a deposit on a Swift BMC chopper but the deal is smelling bad at this point. The candy red I ordered arrived blood red and I am hopping mad, however, we will see how the dealer handles it in the next few days. I will keep the VT1100 as it is so much fun to ride and totally maintenance free ( change oil and fluids, that’s it folks). Anyway, the clouds have cleared so I am off for my daily 30 miles of pleasure ride, catch you al later

Cheers

Paul 8)
Dragoon
05 Spirit VT1100
Cobras
139Db horn (Cagers notice it)
Proud Patriot Guard Rider.
[img]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k288/optech_2006/Shadow1187.jpg[/img]

revcbl
Veteran
Veteran

#10 Unread post by revcbl »

Well all right. Go Honda!
'Bout time we had our own place. Gettin' a little thick out there in the lobby, ya know?
I am currently plagued with the following bikes:
A 1974 CB360 that I lovingly reconstructed with original parts scavenged from local junkyards, tuned and polished to perfection, then left under my porch for a year so I can have the joy of doing it all over again sometime soon.
A 1976 CB750 that came to me with many, many aftermarket parts, and a particularly unmanly shade of purple, thus relieving me from having to restore the thing, as a new set of pipes costs more than my life. This is more or less my daily driver. When it's not icing out. Or raining. Or cold. I've really gotta get some paint. Something in a flat black, perhaps.
A Yama... hup, never mind, forgot where I was.
Oh, there's another Honda under my porch. I got it from a guy who was cleaning out his airplane hangar. I can't remember if it's a CB360 or not, some form of scrambler, but it shares the same parts as the 360, thus I call it a "parts bike," which is what many people would call the rest of my rides, too. Such people are, of course, small minded fools and not to be trusted. You folks understand. You're my friends. You're not like the others.
Whoops, here I am yakking away on the intertubes, just burned my dinner.
You really do meet the nicest people on a Honda. I just don't happen to be one of them. I came to riding later than most, I think, but I had used up most of the stupid things I could do that didn't involve motorcycles. I like to think, though, that what I missed out on by not having those years of riding experience, is balanced out by the abject terror that comes with a knowledge of one's own mortality.
Cheers!